Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 09:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,841,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I thought 18 year old Ukrainians were getting kidnapped off the street and sent right to the front lines?

They are, especially far away from the few big cities. But that is all unofficial. Ukraine is a jungle, not a state of law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 11:29 AM

5,275 posts, read 3,852,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Maybe my logic is different and clearly I don't think the same as you, but I would think getting my a$$ kicked means I'm not getting enough support, the right kind, and timely.

Meanwhile if things really go south over the next few months it would look bad for the US not helping because they wanted to play politics instead, not that you people would care what the rest of the world thinks.

Look bad for the US? We're a laughing stock. I'm sure you're a decent guy I just think you are misinformed. So we disagree.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:55 AM

8,982 posts, read 11,861,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Refineries are being routinely hit that are as a far as 1000km (about 700M) from the Ukrainian border. That's a long way, but drones move quickly for their size and are hard to spot. Even if they are seen on radar, sometimes they cannot be intercepted in time.
Fortunately for Ukraine, most Russian refineries are located in western Russia. MAP

Refineries are large, immobile and flammable. It doesn't take all that much of an explosion to start a major fire. After the fire, of course, portions of the refinery must be rebuilt. Russians can rebuild a lot of the refinery, but not all of it - that's what all those foreign companies were in Russia doing.

There are 22 operating oil refineries in Russia, and about 12 of them have been hit by Ukrainian drones. To compare, there are 125 in the US. LINK
Putin will bring so much misery to Russia.

In addition to oil sales losses,

Russia is losing out on the largest world defense spending in decades. How is this for irony, Russia's invasion of Ukraine caused countries around the world to increase their defense spending. But most are not buying Russian weapons. How could they, after they saw how poorly Russian weapons perform in Ukraine. Russia's defense industries will be decimated in the near future.

One of Putin's lies for invading Ukraine is that Ukraine wanted to join NATO. Putin wanted to stop NATO expansion, but NATO is now closer to Russia than before. NATO is building the largest base of the alliance in, of all places, Romania.

Old 03-19-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Putin will bring so much misery to Russia.

In addition to oil sales losses,

Russia is losing out on the largest world defense spending in decades. How is this for irony, Russia's invasion of Ukraine caused countries around the world to increase their defense spending. But most are not buying Russian weapons. How could they, after they saw how poorly Russian weapons perform in Ukraine. Russia's defense industries will be decimated in the near future.

One of Putin's lies for invading Ukraine is that Ukraine wanted to join NATO. Putin wanted to stop NATO expansion, but NATO is now closer to Russia than before. NATO is building the largest base of the alliance in, of all places, Romania.

No problem for Russia, its economy is booming. Arms exports are a tiny source of income.

You should leave your propaganda bubble. Russia's arms are in fact superior and the countries buying them (China, Iran, African countries etc.) will benefit from that.

Why are you calling something a lie which people in charge have been recorded saying? That makes no sense, you can watch it on Youtube.

Putin is expelling Nato from Ukraine. Russia does not care about Nato in Romania, it has been there for a long time.

But at least you are admitting that Nato broke the agreement not to expand to the East...

Old 03-19-2024, 12:28 PM

25,756 posts, read 17,510,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Lindsey Graham is grumbling about Ukraine's draft age being 27, apparently moving down to 25. He seems to think the age should be much lower. It seems Ukraine isn't willing to let THEIR young people be killed..................
Smart, I think. Let the youngsters finish their education and become major contributors later.

I've never believed the "they are being hauled off the streets and sent to the front lines", stories.

For that matter, Ukraine retreats when it is advisable. Some people find fault with that, too. But I say, Yeah. Let's save who we can.

Old 03-19-2024, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I've never believed the "they are being hauled off the streets and sent to the front lines", stories.

The Internet is full of videos showing just that:

https://t.me/DDGeopolitics/104864
https://t.me/DDGeopolitics/104580
https://t.me/DDGeopolitics/104246
https://t.me/DDGeopolitics/104137
But some hit back, who wants to die for a ****hole like Ukraine?!?
https://t.me/DDGeopolitics/104443

Old 03-19-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_overlander View Post
I'm noticing lately that more and more Ukrainians comment in social networks saying that they're being slaughtered as the US is using them as meat to fight Putin and Russia in general. Borders are closed and people are being grabbed off the streets and in their homes and sent to fight for American interests. People's eyes are opening up.

Lindsay's comment is good, showing the true colors and real American plans to everyone, saying plainly they want to exterminate as much Slavic people as possible, preferably before they have a chance to reproduce. The goal of the US and the masters who run this colony (US is a colony at this point) is to genocide Slavic people and to clear Ukrainian lands for big ag corporations and mass migration from the Southern countries and Israel.

Indeed. If the borders were not closed, 90% of Ukrainians would flee their regime.

Old 03-19-2024, 01:19 PM

Oops, the children supposedly stolen from Ukraine and taken to Russia, want to return to Russia once brought back to Ukraine

https://southfront.press/we-have-a-p...nt-to-go-back/

Old 03-19-2024, 01:37 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats_overlander View Post
I'm noticing lately that more and more Ukrainians comment in social networks saying that they're being slaughtered as the US is using them as meat to fight Putin and Russia in general. Borders are closed and people are being grabbed off the streets and in their homes and sent to fight for American interests. People's eyes are opening up.

Lindsay's comment is good, showing the true colors and real American plans to everyone, saying plainly they want to exterminate as much Slavic people as possible, preferably before they have a chance to reproduce. The goal of the US and the masters who run this colony (US is a colony at this point) is to genocide Slavic people and to clear Ukrainian lands for big ag corporations and mass migration from the Southern countries and Israel.
A good deal for US. Let the miserable Ukrainians die for our empire. They are expendable! While the Russians are killing them at a fast rate, they are also taking casualties and being weakened. Whomever thought of this is a military/economic genius. And the end result? As explained above, these goals are indeed noble, clearing out the Slavs and the rich agricultural lands both in Ukraine and Russia will be taken over by American corporations. And US troops essentially remain intact, only losing a tiny fraction in the form of advisers, mercenaries, and special forces in Ukraine. What a deal! What's not to like about it?

If things get too hot, just be sure to use Neutron bombs so the ag land remains unspoiled and radiation-free.

Old 03-19-2024, 01:53 PM

25,756 posts, read 17,510,592 times
Russia continue to stagger under the weight of sanctions.
Russian national debt, last measured in Jun, 23, was 20.1T rubles. 10 years ago the debt was 4.9T and in 2021, just before the war began, it was 16.1T rubles. LINK

In 2022, the GDP of Russia was $2.244T, but even with huge government spending it has decreased to $1.862T. LINK
Most consumer items are no longer manufactured in Russia.
On Feb 12, the interest rate was raised to 16%

Putin has levied draconian “windfall taxes” on basically anything that moves. Many thought last year’s record $1.25T ruble on Gazprom and certain other Russian state owned businesses was a one-time occurrence, but Putin has only doubled down and ordered more windfall taxes in the months since, raising trillions from the Russian businesses that are left. LINK to article from Yale

This is not an economy that is "booming".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies