Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 199 39.64%
No 254 50.60%
Unsure 49 9.76%
Voters: 502. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 08:47 PM

19,191 posts, read 27,829,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Ukraine corruption index improves from 116 to 104. Russia dropped to 141 from 137. The higher the number the more corrupt the country is. The next time you see Russian bots saying, "Ukraine is so corrupt.", ask them how corrupt Russia is.

Make no mistake. Ukraine is corrupt. But they are trying to fix it so they can join the EU in the future. Russia, on the other hand, gets more corrupt every year.

Ukraine= 104

Russia = 141
Sorry, but as known Russian bot here, I just had to circle back and point out something.
You are right David. Russia is a bit more corrupt. Likely true.
But you know what? They are corrupt in their own feces.
While Ukraine..... You contribute to their corruption. I do. Every American paying taxes does. heck, every EU member did. Every single one of those 54 countries, supporting Ukraine does.
We all and they all FEED that corruption. And I worked very very hard for my money, to give them away to a corrupt regime that doesn't give rats tail about its people and its country. And, far I know, a person, who gives a bribe to a known corrupt person, is ancillary to crime.
That's a bow to you from a Russian bot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 12:59 AM

30,755 posts, read 18,466,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't see any particular violence, when the French farmers are protesting against the government in this case. They are simply more creative than their German counterparts, who were protesting in the same manner a week ago. ( The severed ties with Russia simply destroyed their economy in general - plain and simple.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbKiVsDZtYw

Usually when I DO see violence on the streets of big French cities - that's when the so-called "French" are getting involved - i.e. their muslim population, that comes mostly from Africa.
Since when is setting fire to vehicles in protest not a violent act? I didn’t claim that people were hurt by this violence, but rather just that there was violence.

Old 01-31-2024, 04:31 AM

5,255 posts, read 3,840,262 times
More money goes missing in the Ukranian sheet show.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...ng-in-ukraine/

Old 01-31-2024, 12:56 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,783,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
More money goes missing in the Ukranian sheet show.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...ng-in-ukraine/
Well, the money isn't really missing. It's doing some people some good. It's not like it's been burnt up. People are using that money somewhere and if a lot of it does not help Ukraine, well then consider it an exercise in diversity and inclusion since individuals all over the world get to use it. More yachts, mansions, expensive cars, and weapons to all continents. Maybe some of it to Russia too. After all, we have to be inclusive of everyone.

Remember to keep throwing money into that Ukrainian black pot. Give til it hurts. It is doing some good somewhere.

Old 01-31-2024, 02:52 PM

26,867 posts, read 22,728,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Since when is setting fire to vehicles in protest not a violent act? I didn’t claim that people were hurt by this violence, but rather just that there was violence.

If it's their own cars, I don't consider it a "violent act," since it doesn't threaten anyone's life or well-being.

However it's quite spectacular and serves the purpose of getting attention.
As I've said - French farmers are simply *more dramatic* and expressive than their German counterparts, who simply arrived to the gates of their government with food provision for a week and their own lodging in tow lol. But even Germans are learning from them now ( the French) how to dump the manure in front of the government buildings)))

Old 01-31-2024, 04:46 PM

8,971 posts, read 11,851,660 times
Russian airbase in Crimea struck.

Old 02-01-2024, 04:34 AM

4,963 posts, read 2,744,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russian airbase in Crimea struck.

Quote:
Ukrainian air-launched cruise missiles struck the Belbek military airfield in occupied Crimea, destroying two Su-27 and one Su-30 aircraft. 12 Russian soldiers killed, 10 injured.

https://twitter.com/search?q=crimea%...rc=typed_query

Old 02-01-2024, 04:39 AM

4,963 posts, read 2,744,057 times
the 'Reporting from Ukraine' guy is back after being off for a month because of sickness..his war analysis is one of the better ones to watch regularly..usually only about 5 minutes long each..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTcXeda196E

Old 02-01-2024, 07:51 AM

19,191 posts, read 27,829,724 times
Orbán finally capitulated under threats of destruction of the Hungarian economy by the EU. Behind closed doors, he may have won some concessions for Hungary, but that does not change the final result. In the end, the Union will pour another 50 billion euros into the people of Bandera! 33 billion will come from loans, 17 billion from grants, and Kyiv's money will flow until 2027.

The American Deep State's dream came true - it forced Europe to replace American funding of Ukraine with European funding. From now on, not only European billions, but also other weapons will be directed to Kiev to fight with Russia. It is enough to look at the desperate cries of SS Scholz, who in the last few days has called on European states for the greatest possible support and arms supplies to Ukraine, and it will be obvious to everyone.

So if anyone thought that the crazy adventure called the West's fight with Russia to the last Ukrainian was over, they are wrong. To be continued. And in the end, we citizens will pay for it all, because the billions from grants will have to be found somewhere. However, we will also pay the loan repayments, because the economically impoverished "black hole" before the collapse will never pay us back. Unfortunately, all euro leaders signed it

https://standard.sk/557096/orban-sti...i-pre-ukrajinu

PS: what, basically, shows that the US washed its hand on Ukraine and delegated finacial support into the EU hands, leading to further EU destruction.

Old 02-01-2024, 08:00 AM
bu2

24,163 posts, read 15,021,552 times
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68165971
EU convinces Orban and approves $50 billion Euro package for Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies