Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 198 39.52%
No 254 50.70%
Unsure 49 9.78%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 11:30 PM

8,188 posts, read 3,746,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Estonia's PM is awesome. Reporter asked, do you agree with Macron? Answer: all options should be on the table. She even defended Trump's criticism of some NATO country not spending enough money on defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrH...=1&pp=gAQBiAQB
That's awesome. Did she also discuss why she did not resign, or that question didn't come up? Lol

https://www.politico.eu/article/kaja...-ties-estonia/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2024, 12:03 AM

133 posts, read 66,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Estonia's PM is awesome. Reporter asked, do you agree with Macron? Answer: all options should be on the table. She even defended Trump's criticism of some NATO country not spending enough money on defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrH...=1&pp=gAQBiAQB
Awesome? She's an idiot, just like Macaroni and Cheese in France. European colonists have the dumbest leaders, LOL!

You think this feminist idiot whose never done anything valuable in life is a strong point against Russia? One thing about war mongers, they find the lowest IQ folks to rally behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
That's awesome. Did she also discuss why she did not resign, or that question didn't come up? Lol

https://www.politico.eu/article/kaja...-ties-estonia/

She's such an idiot, imagine this the leader of your country? lolol

Old 02-29-2024, 12:11 AM

24,894 posts, read 9,647,176 times
As predicted, Moldova could be next.

Quote:
Pro-Russian rebel officials in Moldova's breakaway region of Transnistria appealed to Russia for "protection" on Wednesday, amid fears the territory could become a new flashpoint in Moscow's conflict with neighbouring Ukraine.
https://www.newarab.com/news/breakaw...sia-protection

Russian response:
Quote:
Russia pledged on Wednesday that it will "carefully" consider Transnistria's request for protection.

The comments came after officials in Transnistria, a pro-Russian breakaway region in Moldova, held a meeting in which they called on Russia for help with security.
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-cons...region-1874425

Old 02-29-2024, 03:59 AM

26,680 posts, read 15,234,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am 100% spot on with Eisenhower.

https://teachingamericanhistory.org/...trial-complex/

Look at how far down the Orwellian rabbit hole this board has dove.

Any dissent must be from a Putin bot. No one should question the military industrial complex narrative.

Any dissent can be dismissed off hand. No one should question the military industrial complex narrative.

Simultaneously Russia is a weak clown show on the verge of collapse, but they are ready to take on logistically tougher and militarily stronger NATO countries. Either way, both conflicting and rotating views mean don't question the military industrial complex narrative.

Simultaneously NATO has superior weapons and trainings that will change the war for Ukraine AND Russia is a grave threat to NATO that is ready to take them on head to head. Either way, bith conflicting and rotational views mean don't question the military industrial complex narrative.

You'll be familiar with this one, Denys the YouTuber tells an obvious BS about Ukraine amphibiously invading Crimea, it's so obviously BS, but Denys can't be questioned, so it must be a "false flag" to dupe Putin and his generals who must hang on Denys the youtuber's every word to fool them into misallocating troops!

I am told only people who support the military industrial complex are real patriots and I respond with a 100% accurately cited Eisenhower's warning, but the military industrial complex can't be criticized so we must magically pretend Eisenhower really meant something else.

Stop it.

Come to your senses.

Regain control.

Think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Nothing to add. Well said.
On 2nd thought I could have added the nonsense like the Nordstrom pipeline. So obvious Russia didn't do it, but anyone who questioned the narrative was a "Putin bot."

The dam that was blown up, Ukraine previously admitted to firing a missile at it to see if they could blow it up and blowing it up weakened Russian defensive positions, but anyone who questioned the narrative was doing Putin's bidding!

On and on.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:03 AM

3,259 posts, read 1,634,097 times
Looks like 3 more Russian su-34’s down overnight and this morning? 13 planes down in the last 12 days.

Last edited by Ken_N; 02-29-2024 at 07:27 AM..

Old 02-29-2024, 06:11 AM

5,253 posts, read 3,837,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrv2424 View Post
Awesome? She's an idiot, just like Macaroni and Cheese in France. European colonists have the dumbest leaders, LOL!

You think this feminist idiot whose never done anything valuable in life is a strong point against Russia? One thing about war mongers, they find the lowest IQ folks to rally behind.

I don't have to imagine I am an American citizen. Glass houses and all that.

Old 02-29-2024, 06:56 AM

1,693 posts, read 899,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrv2424 View Post

Once again I say why don't we allow Estonia, Poland, Lithuania go ahead and send troops. I'm tired of their war mongering, which they only do because they believe we will back them up in a fight. By all means go right ahead, with the understanding such actions are offensive in nature. Therefore there will be no article 5.

Estonia highlights a problem with alliance forming. When you accept nations that have a grudge against another nation, they inevitability want to make their grudge your grudge and drag your country into conflicts.

Old 02-29-2024, 07:49 AM

19,190 posts, read 27,824,046 times
Front is crumbling?

https://www.bastyon.com/index?c81e17...NpSzzeWwNifzN5

Quote: Over the past week, the front line has been slowly creeping toward the West every day. Everyone is talking about counterattacks by the Ukrainian Armed Forces, but I don’t see a single successful counterattack that would bring tangible results.
On the Avdeevsky front, I predicted stabilization of the front for some time, but this is not happening. The front continues to move, although not as fast as it was in World War II, but the daily advance of 500-700 meters as part of trench warfare is very large numbers.
I have a feeling that the front is starting to crumble. I have said many times that the positional front lasts for a long time, but when it starts to move, it is very difficult to stop it. There is spring thaw ahead, and it is quite possible that this will help the Ukrainian Armed Forces stabilize the front, but the fact that it has not been stabilized for 10 days near Avdievka means that something bad is happening to the Ukrainian Armed Forces. In any case, the front did not experience such dynamics from the very beginning of the transition to trench warfare. At the same time, no decisive points were captured from the Ukrainian Armed Forces, but there is no feeling that the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ retreat is controlled.

https://youtu.be/HfOgef3GQmM

Old 02-29-2024, 07:53 AM

19,190 posts, read 27,824,046 times
And, as predicted yesterday - Avdiivka direction, UAF defence line Berdychi>Orlobka> Tonenkoe is breached.

Old 02-29-2024, 08:11 AM

17,034 posts, read 12,655,489 times
It makes me sad to see the occasional person actually cheering for the Russians.

I understand being against Ukraine aid from a debt / US readiness perspective. Actually cheering for the Russians. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies