Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 04:33 PM

24,978 posts, read 9,718,668 times

Advertisements

The war is over folks. Ukraine is not getting that territory back.

We tried to warn the armchair generals that Ukraine was the poorest country in Europe and that Uncle Sam can’t proxy war this thing forever.

January 26 from WaPo:
Quote:
U.S. war plans for Ukraine don’t foresee retaking lost territory
Quote:
Biden administration is putting together a new strategy that will de-emphasize winning back territory and focus instead on helping Ukraine fend off new Russian advances while moving toward a long-term goal of strengthening its fighting force and economy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...location=alert

Time to claim the Washington Post and Biden administration are Putin propaganda and Biden is a Putin puppet.

Former General Mark Milley already predicted this LAST year in September:
Quote:
Top US general highlights significant hurdles for Ukraine in removing Russian forces
https://english.alarabiya.net/News/w...Russian-forces
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 06:12 PM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Turkey approves Sweden's NATO membership. The only obstacle left is Hungary. I hate the unanimous voting of NATO, as it allows a single country to hold the entire alliance hostage. I much prefer a majority vote system.

https://www.euronews.com/2024/01/24/...its-opposition

Old 01-26-2024, 06:20 PM

12,527 posts, read 8,305,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Turkey approves Sweden's NATO membership. The only obstacle left is Hungary. I hate the unanimous voting of NATO, as it allows a single country to hold the entire alliance hostage. I much prefer a majority vote system.

All of the nations are pledged to go to war if any member is attacked. That can't be done by a majority of members forcing the minority to fight

Old 01-26-2024, 07:47 PM

8,219 posts, read 3,769,853 times
Quote:

What you hate is irrelevant. I hate electoral college but that's not changing anytime soon.

Besides Hungary is obviously going to approve Sweden's membership.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:51 PM

3,558 posts, read 1,560,052 times
Quote:

Sweden will be added as part of NATO, don't worry. It also won't impact what's going on in Ukraine at all.

Old 01-26-2024, 07:55 PM

30,775 posts, read 18,542,411 times
Quote:

Agreeing to send your troops to die for another country has to be unanimous. Otherwise, the coalition falls apart if the minority refuses to fight.

Old 01-27-2024, 08:25 AM

19,248 posts, read 27,909,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
What you hate is irrelevant. I hate electoral college but that's not changing anytime soon.

Besides Hungary is obviously going to approve Sweden's membership.
Approving membership does not mean much. Sweden, in this case, is 100% non NATO standard country and it will take couple of years to align them. In couple of years, there may be no NATO or both. Also, approval needs to be ratified, etc, etc. You are looking at at least 6 months for that only. Orban knows all that very well, so does Erdogan. It's not that you flip a switch and light is on.

Old 01-27-2024, 08:27 AM

19,248 posts, read 27,909,590 times
I've been on sixth month vacation.
Is Ukraine still winning? Don't really want to go through dozens of pages.
Will appreciate the digest squeeze, thank you.

Old 01-27-2024, 09:02 AM

25,792 posts, read 17,560,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The war is over folks. Ukraine is not getting that territory back.......[/url]
Russia already held Crimea. The sliver of land they will add if, as you say, Ukraine cannot remove them will probably be the most expensive piece of real estate on earth. It will destroy Russia.

Oil tankers sit and do nothing in the Baltic. Their port has been destroyed. LINK
Turkey has begun demanding oil shippers show proof of insurance - insurance that can only be bought if the price of oil is below $60 - before they can transit to the Black Sea. As a result, there is a log jam of 19 ships waiting to transit. LINK
There is a huge sum of money to be made by shipping Russian oil, but that money will be paid by Russia, not paid to Russia. Shippers facing these types of delays will demand the trip be profitable, or else they will go somewhere else.

European nations have promised around 60 F-16s to Ukraine, mostly during 2024, but some will not be delivered until 2025. France has promised 50 HAMMER guided bombs a month. With a range of over 50km, the HAMMER carried a 500 pound warhead and can do serious damage. There may be some F-16s already on site, resulting in the recent downing of valuable Russia aircraft.
They have evidently not been informed the war is over. You should tell them.

Times are tough in Russia. Central hot water and steam are used in all cities and it is failing. People are doing a lot of things to help themselves or even save themselves. One thing they are not doing, is planning to start or enlarge their family. The total fertility rate continues to fall as those who are able to leave Russia take steps to make it happen.

Old 01-27-2024, 10:04 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,801,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I've been on sixth month vacation.
Is Ukraine still winning? Don't really want to go through dozens of pages.
Will appreciate the digest squeeze, thank you.
Ukraine has always been winning. And will continue to win no matter how much territory they lose to the currently advancing Russian forces. Bakhmut, Avdeevka to name a few. But those aren't important. The key thing to remember is that any city or place that the Ukrainians have been savagely defending but later lose becomes "unimportant". So yes, Ukraine continues to win and those losses become unimportant.

Electrical and power grid problems due to impacting Russian missiles? No problem, Ukrainians have tough skins. And who really needs heat in the winter anyway? Not Ukrainians who are extraordinarily tough.

Recruitment problems? Ukrainians leaving the country in droves? Press gangs grabbing unwilling recruits? Morale problems and dwindling Ukrainian troops to hold the line against Russian attacks? Again, not a problem. Remember who the Ukrainians are fighting - inept, completely demoralized Russians who will run home to mama the moment the see a Ukrainian soldier. So yes indeed, Ukraine is winning.

The Ukrainian summer counteroffensive failed and fell flat on its face? Not a problem since they can try again next summer. Duh! The Russians will accommodate that by just staying in place until Ukraine starts it. It's only fair to do that.

So there you have it. Ukraine had been winning. Ukraine is winning. And Ukraine will continue to win. How can it be otherwise? The proper narrative must continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies