Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.42%
No 246 51.04%
Unsure 46 9.54%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 06:13 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

How things go for Ukraine depends on what Republicans do when they get back from vacation.

Republicans rule the House with a slim margin. All it will take is a couple to realize that they don't want to be traitors, they don't want to spend their one precious life backing Putin.

Ukrainians are willing to fight, but with their ammunition running out, they face an uphill battle.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-03-2024 at 06:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 06:33 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Investment banker and lawyer James Rickards claims:

1, Russia is winning the war except to anti-Russian diehards who refuse to see reality.

2, Russia won't attack the Baltics or Poland. It doesn't have the manpower to occupy Ukraine and take on NATO. In fact it doesn't have the manpower to take on NATO if it weren't in Ukraine.

3, NATO risks escalating this where missiles and nukes could be involved. If Ukraine can fly F16s out of a NATO country the NATO base would be a legitimate target for Russian missiles. If France sends troops it could escalate.

4, The US realizing Russia is winning might seize $300B in Russian assets in US treasures. Russia would respond by seizing $300B in US assets still in Russia. This is foolish and is weakening the US position as the place of safe investing.

https://dailyreckoning.com/ukraines-...get-dangerous/

Old 04-03-2024, 06:50 AM

6,563 posts, read 12,057,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
No, I'm waiting for the Ukie-bots to get their updates from Zelensky. It's getting harder and harder for them to maneuver around increasing inconvenient truths. There appear to be quite a few of them on this site. They should call on Zelensky to hurry it up and let them know how they should proceed.
I'm pro-Ukie as you all know, but I won't deny that Ukraine is on the losing side and Russia is on the winning side. What I am not however is happy about the current score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How things go for Ukraine depends on what Republicans do when they get back from vacation.

Republicans rule the House with a slim margin. All it will take is a couple to realize that they don't want to be traitors, they don't want to spend their one precious life backing Putin.

Ukrainians are willing to fight, but with their ammunition running out, they face an uphill battle.
Most of today's Republicans are the same as Putin's oligarch in the Kremlin in my eyes. The ones who are not are classified by the rest of them as RINO's.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:50 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
So, how many more years is this going to go on? 2? 3? 5?

Old 04-03-2024, 07:19 AM

2,395 posts, read 1,069,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Investment banker and lawyer James Rickards claims:

1, Russia is winning the war except to anti-Russian diehards who refuse to see reality.

2, Russia won't attack the Baltics or Poland. It doesn't have the manpower to occupy Ukraine and take on NATO. In fact it doesn't have the manpower to take on NATO if it weren't in Ukraine.

3, NATO risks escalating this where missiles and nukes could be involved. If Ukraine can fly F16s out of a NATO country the NATO base would be a legitimate target for Russian missiles. If France sends troops it could escalate.

4, The US realizing Russia is winning might seize $300B in Russian assets in US treasures. Russia would respond by seizing $300B in US assets still in Russia. This is foolish and is weakening the US position as the place of safe investing.

https://dailyreckoning.com/ukraines-...get-dangerous/

Who cares what James Rickards claims.....

I claim the opposite.

1. Russia is winning the war because they gained a tiny bit of ground recently....uh...no.

2. Russia won't attack Baltics or Poland ....and James Rickards knows this how? Trusting Putin...sure.

3. NATO is not doing any such. A desperate Putin has been throwing around the nukes card since day one.

4. If US seizes $300B in Russian assets, it isn't going to change jack in terms of
USA being a safe place to invest....Russia can only dream of America's economy.
And I personally think they should seize it and use it to provide weaponry for Ukraine.

Old 04-03-2024, 07:33 AM

19,041 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Zelensky: ‘We are trying to find some way not to retreat’

By David Ignatius

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ne-aid-russia/

Old 04-03-2024, 07:38 AM

5,155 posts, read 3,762,104 times
So they want to steal Russia's money. You saw what they did to Hungary. Countries have to wonder what the neocons have in store for them if they don't comply with their sickness.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:34 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
Who cares what James Rickards claims.....

I claim the opposite.

1. Russia is winning the war because they gained a tiny bit of ground recently....uh...no.

2. Russia won't attack Baltics or Poland ....and James Rickards knows this how? Trusting Putin...sure.

3. NATO is not doing any such. A desperate Putin has been throwing around the nukes card since day one.

4. If US seizes $300B in Russian assets, it isn't going to change jack in terms of
USA being a safe place to invest....Russia can only dream of America's economy.
And I personally think they should seize it and use it to provide weaponry for Ukraine.
Are you simultaneously claiming that:

1, Russia is severely struggling against Ukraine

2, Russia is a threat to conventionally take on a much stronger NATO which would be logistically tougher

?

Old 04-03-2024, 08:43 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Zelensky: ‘We are trying to find some way not to retreat’

By David Ignatius......................
Zelensky reminds me of an actor with a rubber snake. He's rolling around on the ground screaming, "It's got me! It's got me!" and he's doing it all himself.

Is Ukraine in trouble?.... You bet. And they want US assistance, too. But there is no danger of Russia taking over Ukraine. The greatest threat now is that Russia could lose Crimea. That would be a disaster for Russia, and if they quit now Crimea would almost certainly be lost.

I support any country who threatens the Russian economy. There is something very, very wrong in the collective Russian psyche. They will continue to create problems world wide until their economy is destroyed.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:55 AM

5,155 posts, read 3,762,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you simultaneously claiming that:

1, Russia is severely struggling against Ukraine

2, Russia is a threat to conventionally take on a much stronger NATO which would be logistically tougher

?
The conversation can't happen if someone doesn't acknowledge the coup in 2014 same as if you think there are more than 2 genders I'm done with ya. You will never get through my friend it is now over 2 years and counting. Iggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies