Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.50%
No 245 50.94%
Unsure 46 9.56%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 01:03 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

So far for just July...US spending on a war that is not ours.

7/8..$400 million
7/12 $1.2 billion
7/22 $270 million

At the end of May total US spending on the Ukraine war was $54 billion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 01:04 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
So far for just July...US spending on a war that is not ours.

7/8..$400 million
7/12 $1.2 billion
7/22 $270 million

At the end of May total US spending on the Ukraine war was $54 billion
And much more to come

Old 07-24-2022, 02:13 PM

4,972 posts, read 2,714,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Note that you offer nothing supporting your opinion. Just another Putin propaganda note by you.
How is it Putin's propaganda when I am advising everyone to follow the West's narrative? Ukraine good, Russia bad.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:25 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
...............Mark my words, Russia will not be...........
heh-heh.
"Mark my words" makes you the only source to be trusted, right?
And now we should all stop saying "Russia bad" because of your sophomoric attempt to intimidate us? What a hoot!

Russia is being crushed. Actually the Russian economy is imploding, says Foreign Policy Magazine. The Russian Economy is Headed for Collapse, says The Conversation's economists. Turning to Q2, the economy is heading into a deep recession, says Focus-Economics.
Seems clear to me. Russia is toast.

Russia is evil. They are bombing civilian areas, killing civilians and driving the ones that survive out of their homes. That is a definition of evil. Even their soldiers know what they are doing is wrong.

I heard a rumor once that Ukraine was corrupt. Probably true, since Biden was involved up to his armpits. But I don't care. Don't care.
The Russian malls are slowly being abandoned, and I'm glad. The sanctions will slowly crush Russia and their economy will never be rebuilt. Every rocket fired is one less in the stockpile, which will never be replenished.
It is a matter of time.

Russia is so inept that only ten HIMARS could tilt the war in favor of Ukraine. Ten.

Last edited by Listener2307; 07-24-2022 at 04:38 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 04:37 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
heh-heh.
And now we should all stop saying "Russia bad" because of your sophomoric attempt to intimidate us? What a hoot!

Russia is being crushed. Actually the Russian economy is imploding, says Foreign Policy Magazine. The Russian Economy is Headed for Collapse, says The Conversation's economists. Turning to Q2, the economy is heading into a deep recession, says Focus-Economics.

Russia is evil. They are bombing civilian areas, killing civilians and driving the ones that survive out of their homes. That is a definition of evil. Even their soldiers know what they are doing is wrong.

I heard a rumor once that Ukraine was corrupt. Probably true, since Biden was involved up to his armpits. But I don't care. Don't care.
The Russian malls are slowly being abandoned, and I'm glad. The sanctions will slowly crush Russia and their economy will never be rebuilt. Every rocket fired is one less in the stockpile, which will never be replenished.
It is a matter of time.
Lol. Coming from a person who claimed that the military's hands were tied in Vietnam. As if millions of dead CIVILIANS were not enough.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:40 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
As I have said before, the claim that Urkainian forces were doing any more than the Russian forces is a proven lie. A few civilians were killed in the shellings by each side. And the civilians killed were all Ukrainian citizens. Most of the people in the Donbas were ethnic Ukrainians.

Russia has zero grounds for controlling another country's language policies. And they have exaggerated. I think someone on this thread talked about being in Kiev in the previous 2 or 3 years and most people were speaking Russian.

Do you have a link for your claim about shipping? That sounds like a Putin lie.

Ukraine was not shutting off Hungary and the EU. Gas policies have been testy between Russia and all of their European customers who weren't satellites.
Putin let it slip out in the early stage of negotiations,back when those were going on, that attacks on Russian shipping had been an issue he wanted to resolve. But after negotiations collapsed, he decided, as we've seen, to simply take over the coastal territories.

And today, hours after signing an accord with Ukraine to allow grain shipments out, Russia attacked Odesa.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=economics-vp

Quote:
The string of explosions in Ukraine’s most important port came less than 24 hours after the two countries struck a deal on grain shipments, and prompted accusations from Ukrainian leaders that Russia could not be trusted.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/23/w...in-attack.html

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-24-2022 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 04:51 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
As I have said before, the claim that Urkainian forces were doing any more than the Russian forces is a proven lie. A few civilians were killed in the shellings by each side. And the civilians killed were all Ukrainian citizens. Most of the people in the Donbas were ethnic Ukrainians.

Russia has zero grounds for controlling another country's language policies. And they have exaggerated. I think someone on this thread talked about being in Kiev in the previous 2 or 3 years and most people were speaking Russian.

Do you have a link for your claim about shipping? That sounds like a Putin lie.

Ukraine was not shutting off Hungary and the EU. Gas policies have been testy between Russia and all of their European customers who weren't satellites.
You don''t need to convince me of these things,lol. You need to convince the little man in the Kremlin.

Someone asked for a list of what Ukraine had done to anger Russia (besides having the audacity to exist as an independent nation), so I provided one. Obviously it represents Russia's POV, since Russia's the one that started this mess. The list is how Russia views it. In addition, Ukraine may have been taunting Russia now& then about joining NATO, but those were empty threats,since NATO had turned Ukraine down. But P seemed to be unaware of that.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-24-2022 at 05:00 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 05:05 PM

4,972 posts, read 2,714,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
heh-heh.

It is a matter of time.

Russia is so inept that only ten HIMARS could tilt the war in favor of Ukraine. Ten.
I'm not trying to intimidate anyone. I am just saying Russia will win this, militarily and economically. This is what I am seeing. Again, mark my words, Russia will win. You will see this happen soon.

And I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, but most of it is false. Oh, wait ... it does follow the proper narrative, so ok, you're fine. Sorry.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:35 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Putin let it slip out in the early stage of negotiations,back when those were going on, that attacks on Russian shipping had been an issue he wanted to resolve. But after negotiations collapsed, he decided, as we've seen, to simply take over the coastal territories.

And today, hours after signing an accord with Ukraine to allow grain shipments out, Russia attacked Odesa.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d=economics-vp

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/23/w...in-attack.html
Putin lies constantly. You know the song "...If your lips are moving, then you're lyin', lyin', lyin'...

His public statements are nothing but political propaganda. You need more than a Putin speech as a source to be taken seriously.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:37 PM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You don''t need to convince me of these things,lol. You need to convince the little man in the Kremlin.

Someone asked for a list of what Ukraine had done to anger Russia (besides having the audacity to exist as an independent nation), so I provided one. Obviously it represents Russia's POV, since Russia's the one that started this mess. The list is how Russia views it. In addition, Ukraine may have been taunting Russia now& then about joining NATO, but those were empty threats,since NATO had turned Ukraine down. But P seemed to be unaware of that.
In some cases, that is how Putin views it. In other cases, it is simply a lie that he uses to justify something he wants for other reasons. He wants to be "Putin the Great" and restore the Russian empire. I do take him at his word when he makes those claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies