Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.50%
No 245 50.94%
Unsure 46 9.56%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 04:58 AM

4,864 posts, read 2,674,972 times

Advertisements

6 Russian cruise missiles shot down in one day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7uZtpybvE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 05:40 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Cannot rep you again, but wanted to thank you for updates on what is happening between Russia - Ukraine.
That poster is not telling the truth. The ombudsman had no evidence for many. That does not mean they didn’t happen. The UN considers 142 rape claims serious enough to investigate.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:37 AM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
"I don't believe you" is not a claim which requires sources. It's the belief of the poster.

Who I happen agree with. Russia always lies. Those who echo their propaganda are just echoing lies. Why would anyone believe known liars*?

Now, you may say the claim of "known liars" is a claim that can be verified by legitimate sources. And you'd be right. But I'm not in the mood to do a google search for you.
Oh I was referring to that posters earlier post ( post 745 ) and he was asked for the source, but this was his only response. If someone wants to make a claim here about Russia-Ukraine, they should provide a source.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:40 AM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
"I don't believe you" is not a claim which requires sources. It's the belief of the poster.

Who I happen agree with. Russia always lies. Those who echo their propaganda are just echoing lies. Why would anyone believe known liars*?

Now, you may say the claim of "known liars" is a claim that can be verified by legitimate sources. And you'd be right. But I'm not in the mood to do a google search for you.

In a nut shell, you made unsubstantiated claim without any proof. While blaming other poster in same.

Bravo!!!

Old 06-09-2022, 07:56 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
here is an interesting video when you have an extra 20 minutes..posted a couple of months ago..
"As long as Russia is bogged down in Ukraine, they can't go to the next step."
"Russia is going to win. But then they have to pacify the Ukrainians. So it will be a question of just how much sabotage and resistance the Russians can tolerate."

Peter Zeihan predicted this war back in 2014 in his book The Accidental Superpower.
But it's not just THIS war. This particular conflict is not generally thought to be winnable by Ukraine, but as Peter explains, neither can it be won by Russia. In essence, Russia has thrown themselves against a brick wall.

There are three areas of the world that will fall apart beginning fairly quickly - the next 10, 15 years. They are China, Russia and Europe. Europe will fall apart as Germany and France grow unable to do all the heavy lifting for everyone else. Germany attracts lots of immigrants, but few with the German level of education and work ethic. And the older Germans with those standards are going to start retiring and dying off pretty quickly.

Zeihan and his books and lectures is an excellent source of information. He is a geopoliticist, which factors geography into his political analysis.

Old 06-09-2022, 08:35 AM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
"As long as Russia is bogged down in Ukraine, they can't go to the next step."
"Russia is going to win. But then they have to pacify the Ukrainians. So it will be a question of just how much sabotage and resistance the Russians can tolerate."

Peter Zeihan predicted this war back in 2014 in his book The Accidental Superpower.
But it's not just THIS war. This particular conflict is not generally thought to be winnable by Ukraine, but as Peter explains, neither can it be won by Russia. In essence, Russia has thrown themselves against a brick wall.

There are three areas of the world that will fall apart beginning fairly quickly - the next 10, 15 years. They are China, Russia and Europe. Europe will fall apart as Germany and France grow unable to do all the heavy lifting for everyone else. Germany attracts lots of immigrants, but few with the German level of education and work ethic. And the older Germans with those standards are going to start retiring and dying off pretty quickly.

Zeihan and his books and lectures is an excellent source of information. He is a geopoliticist, which factors geography into his political analysis.
Have you considered writing post-apocalyptic fiction?

Old 06-09-2022, 08:42 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Well, this is nice - a mamber of Putin's (spat) party introducing a resolution to revoke recognition of Lithuanian independence.

https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-englis...n-independence

Kinda weird, come to think of it.

I mean - Russia has been wailing for years that they are oh-so-terribly threatened by NATO, yet for some reason their armed forces aren't in a defensive posture along the borders with NATO countries. They are instead busily leveling cities in a non-NATO country, when not engaged in stealing toilets and washing machines.

I'm almost beginning to think that they're not 100% honest.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:02 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, this is nice - a mamber of Putin's (spat) party introducing a resolution to revoke recognition of Lithuanian independence.

https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-englis...n-independence

Kinda weird, come to think of it.

I mean - Russia has been wailing for years that they are oh-so-terribly threatened by NATO, yet for some reason their armed forces aren't in a defensive posture along the borders with NATO countries. They are instead busily leveling cities in a non-NATO country, when not engaged in stealing toilets and washing machines.

I'm almost beginning to think that they're not 100% honest.
Good post.

If NATO was truly aggressive, it would have to attack and force countries into NATO. If that were the case, then an argument could be theoretically made that NATO was some kind of threat to some country somewhere.

The opposite is true, there is a list of countries that want in (not all are accepted), they have to apply ... and none of the current members want out! NATO is a defensive alliance and all member nations forswear any territorial claims against other members. Due to NATO, western Europe has experienced it's longest era of real peace (and subsequent ecumenic growth) since the Pax Romana.

This is why, once the Warsaw Pact dissolved, most of those nations wanted to get into NATO. They wanted the peace and stability and protection from aggression NATO provides.

Of course, Putin has been meddling in elections all across NATO and the EU to weaken them from within. Even planting bots and hackers into western social media sites to attempt to sway public opinions. So far, he hasn't succeeded in destabilizing NATO.

On the contrary, Putin's aggressive acts toward Georgia and Ukraine and his incursions to prop up dictators and suppress emerging democracies in other countries has unified NATO like never before.

Putin doesn't actually see NATO as a threat to Russia. No one does. What we see is that NATO deprives aggressors (not just Putin, but possibly others) from opportunities to attack.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:08 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Sweden and Finland should just jump into the war on Ukraine’s side and end this once and for all. Otherwise they are going to have to put up with threats from Kim Jong Putin for the next 10 years.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't believe you don't believe it.
You were asked politely to provide a source for your claims, this response shows you cannot provide a legitimate source.
That response shows that I have a job, and it takes time to formulate a response if a post is worthy of one.

The poster I responded to merely said "I don't believe you" but did not offer anything of substance to back that opinion up. My original post was just a statement, not addressed to him. He chose to engage me, I didn't choose to engage him. So we did not have a dialog, just a polemical argument, like a "my dad can beat up your dad" kind of nonsense. The poster has some kind of irrational infatuation or devotion with Putin's Russia.

He could have taken every point in my short post and refuted them, but he did not do so. Had he done so, then I could have countered his positions.

Just "I don't believe you" is not enough. What don't you believe? All of it? None of It? List your reasons. Without that, our exchange of opinions is over and we can all move on.

For my part, I don't believe he doesn't believe me because in my opinion he is too smart not to know the truth. So all he's got is "I can't hear you! Nah-nah-nanana!" It's just denial.

Your post shows you have not read the thread. I provided one credible source out of many possible ones in post 752. I don't generally like to refer to videos but this was a live conversation between two military analysts, one Austrian and one Bulgarian, it was pretty long and it covered a lot of ground over the state of the Russian army today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies