Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 190 39.34%
No 247 51.14%
Unsure 46 9.52%
Voters: 483. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2022, 09:57 AM

1,140 posts, read 624,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
The problem with America is that instead of Trump being in prison, we are talking here about a possibility of him to become a US president again.
Lol! Spot on.

I just wish people can be objective and stop ignoring the fact that trump is just a horrible person. Forget about left or right. Forget about politics and just look @ the man and what he represents. Instead everything is "fake news" or the FBI is all of a sudden evil for doing their job. Everything is Qanon nonsense.

And BTW stop electing super super old farts as your President for God's sake. JS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2022, 10:03 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Lol! Spot on.

I just wish people can be objective and stop ignoring the fact that trump is just a horrible person. Forget about left or right. Forget about politics and just look @ the man and what he represents. Instead everything is "fake news" or the FBI is all of a sudden evil for doing their job. Everything is Qanon nonsense.

And BTW stop electing super super old farts as your President for God's sake. JS
Exactly, it's not about politics anymore, and not about what party this person represents. In fact, he ONLY REPRESENTS AND CARES ABOUT HIMSELF. He doesn't give a **** about anything else. He doesn't give a **** about America.

Just look at the person's character! And yet, look what is going on! How can this country have a future?!

Sorry, went completely off topic... Could not help it.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:10 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,220,022 times
Quote:
He doesn't give a **** about anything else. He doesn't give a **** about America.
Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Joe Biden care about you? Give me a ****ing break. No one gives a **** about you. No one. Politicians aren't your friend. They're your weapon. They're how you get what you want. Use them.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and Joe Biden care about you? Give me a ****ing break. No one gives a **** about you. No one. Politicians aren't your friend. They're your weapon. They're how you get what you want. Use them.
What is your ****ing point?

I want America to continue being a free democratic society. How about you?? Do you want the USA to become another USSR/Russia in a couple of years?

The guy I am talking about is a despot and tyrant, just like Putin, or Hitler. If you don't see the difference between him and Clinton, or Biden, or Mitch McConnell, you don't need to respond. Just shut up! You are talking too much, anyway.

Use them? They are using YOU, silly! With people like you, I am not surprised people like Trump come to power.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 08-20-2022 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-20-2022, 10:41 AM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
I mean, Europe is on the verge of freezing to death and deindustrializing. There will be famine/destabilization in the third-world leading to a massive refugee crisis. Inflation is in the double-digits in most of the west, and US sanctions will cause global dedollarization. But if you want to pretend everything is fine...
Russia is dying. That is the point.
All the talk about what "will be" is pure conjecture. I'd be happy to listen to a few experts on the matter if you have links.

Inflation is a problem everywhere, but few countries can match Russia's inflation of 15% while at the same time seeing a wage reduction of 7% and a drop in GDP of 10%. Other countries will simply have to deal with the issue, but Russia must deal with the issue while their international trade has been brought to a near standstill.

"Everything would be fine" if Russia would go back home and tend to Russian business. Since they won't do that, it is necessary to destroy them economically. Several other countries in the world (Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea) have been impoverished by sanctions and boycotts and Russia will, too. An impoverished Russia, unable to make international trouble, makes a safer world.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:44 AM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
The problem with America is that instead of Trump being in prison, we are talking here about a possibility of him to become a US president again.
If he manages to get elected, then that's just the way it goes.
I am not sure what this would mean to the war. By that time Ukraine may have everything it needs and Russia may have been chased off Ukrainian territory.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I want America to continue being a free democratic society.
Are you governed? Are you free?

Democracy = rule by capitalists. So keep the status quo?

Quote:
The guy I am talking about is a despot and tyrant
What do you mean by despotic? Is the US government not already despotic? Would you rather mob-rule? Do you think the majority should have the right to tyrannize the minority?

You don't know what you're talking about. You're just speaking words.... "Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H.L. Mencken

Quote:
Use them? They are using YOU, silly!
They're not using you? Why are you so terrified of Trump being reelected if you love democracy so much?

Because you hate democracy just like the rest of us. Good.

Old 08-20-2022, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Are you governed? Are you free?

Democracy = rule by capitalists. So keep the status quo?

What do you mean by despotic? Is the US government not already despotic? Would you rather mob-rule? Do you think the majority should have the right to tyrannize the minority?

You don't know what you're talking about. You're just speaking words.... "Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H.L. Mencken

They're not using you? Why are you so terrified of Trump being reelected if you love democracy so much?

Because you hate democracy just like the rest of us. Good.

Bye bye!

Old 08-20-2022, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia is dying. I'd be happy to listen to a few experts on the matter if you have links.
Sure. Because I'm confused by what you mean by "dying". I assume you mean demographics?

Quote:
"Everything would be fine" if Russia would go back home and tend to Russian business.
It is obvious that you have no idea why Russia invaded. There is no going back. If Russia loses, Russia will be destroyed.

Quote:
Several other countries in the world (Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea) have been impoverished by sanctions and boycotts and Russia will, too. An impoverished Russia, unable to make international trouble, makes a safer world.
Sanctions have always failed. Name one country where sanctions succeeded in anything other than creating more enemies and causing future wars. Most of the world refuses to sanction Russia or to obey American sanctions. The only thing that is happening is Russian energy is being rerouted from Europe to Asia.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 08-20-2022 at 12:11 PM..

Old 08-20-2022, 11:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,472,248 times
Quote:
It is obvious that you have no idea why Russia invaded. There is no going back. If Russia loses, Russia will be destroyed.
Hardly so dire. Russia has been in much tighter spots, uglier situations ... and has always survived. The people will survive, the culture will thrive.

Maybe Putin would be destroyed, or maybe he would hold on by accelerating his reign of terror over a weakened and chastened state. Vladimir the Terrible.

The actions taken, the war and the death, was the decision of one man alone, and it came as a surprise to the common folk who are now asked to die in a foreign land.

No, Russia is not fighting for it's life here. It is fighting for Putin's ego and his greed.

Ukraine is fighting for it's life.

I think the ordinary Russians are beginning to figure this out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies