Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 06:49 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Radical logic I know, but people who kill other people clearly don't give a rat's butt about laws, but you're suggesting even more laws will help. Say that out loud and tell me it actually makes sense to you.

Not every problem can be solved by piling on more laws, rules, and regulations. Real solutions require actual thought, not knee-jerk sound bites. Perhaps we should try that.
Maybe if not sold to the public might help. But honestly , the convention center by me has more gun shows than anything else. There has been one at least every 6 weeks.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Why not re-ban assault rifles? It worked before.
The Brady Bill really didn't work to curb gun violence if you look at the statistics, I'm pretty certain.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:51 AM

815 posts, read 737,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Radical idea I know, but how about better gun laws like the civilised world?
Haven't you heard? The only logical answer is MORE guns! And this logic works for every issue! House have termites? Release more termites! These "good termites" will kill the bad ones! Basement flooded? Pour some water in there! It might force out some of the bad water! Is your house on fire? Try lighting another fire, it might block the first fire from spreading!

Old 05-25-2022, 06:53 AM

50,384 posts, read 64,034,538 times
It is Texas, so being armed might be fine for some teachers, but they can’t be forced. An armed security officer in every school, like Florida has implemented, is more practical.

Retired military and police would be a good source of guards.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:55 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,797,563 times
Stupid idea, a cheap magician's trick. Anything to avoid banning assault weapons. "Whatever the solution is, and we really know what the solution is but we can't admit it, it's not banning assault weapons."

They tried that in FL and the school cop hid outside while the shooting was happening. It's "Paul Blart, Mall Cop".

There aren't enough capable people around. The ones that are are in the Green Berets or Navy Seals. No school is going to be able to hire people like this, let alone tens of thousands of schools. And the people who are like that wouldn't be interested in the first place.

You're going to get 40 year old men with paunches, with families, with car loans. They're not going to put themselves anywhere near where an assault weapon might point at them.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:57 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Many principals, teachers and coaches have been arming themselves in TX now for several years.

This is not new.

Old 05-25-2022, 06:57 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Haven't you heard? The only logical answer is MORE guns! And this logic works for every issue! House have termites? Release more termites! These "good termites" will kill the bad ones! Basement flooded? Pour some water in there! It might force out some of the bad water! Is your house on fire? Try lighting another fire, it might block the first fire from spreading!

Stupid analogies as none of your examples exhibit "good" or "bad" behaviour.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:01 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is Texas, so being armed might be fine for some teachers, but they can’t be forced. An armed security officer in every school, like Florida has implemented, is more practical.

Retired military and police would be a good source of guards.
They have short fuses, and I love my military, but they have hurt kids trying to be the cop in the building. My son’s middle school in Dade county looked like a prison. No windows unless way up by the ceiling, all hallways that led to a few double doorways. Most gunmen seem to enter right through the front doors. I maybe I am wrong. But overseas schools are behind a walls and an iron gates to enter. Maybe we do need to spend money on entry ways. They fence the WH.

Old 05-25-2022, 07:12 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,046,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Exactly,
I wonder what could go wrong by arming underpaid and overworked teachers.

Just another BS attempt to say that guns are the solution.
We know all the Control Freak Leftoids love this conversation...

Yep... Read and Weep!
(another BS attempt by Leftoid wanting to Disarm everyone)...

Gun's aren't the enemy...Your Brain on the hand might be~
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...comes-to-guns/

Old 05-25-2022, 07:17 AM

29,546 posts, read 19,640,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Exactly,
I wonder what could go wrong by arming underpaid and overworked teachers.

Just another BS attempt to say that guns are the solution.

Like it or not schools need armed security either in the form of cops, private security guards or have a couple train teachers armed. I am a teacher and have a conceal carry but I'm not allowed to legally bring my gun into school. It stays in my car in the parking lot. Doesn't do me or anyone else a whole lot of good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies