Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 PM

2,311 posts, read 957,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
No one wants to admit the truth, this is an American Problem. Race does not matter, ethnic background does not matter, what matters is American culture produces more violent crimes and deaths than any other 1st world country by far.

One more sign that American's problems run much deeper than we all want to admit. And the stuff we argue about daily like Trans rights, Elon Musk, Twitter, and Right/Left wing are nothing but distractions to keep us from realizing we are living in a country that is starting to unravel.

Either this country will learn to put some differences aside to put itself back together, or we will continue down the road of ending up like the Dead and gone Empires before us.

This.
Our nation was founded on violence and the high murder rate is just a reflection of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 05:11 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
The buck stops with biden.....his words. The only true statement he has said.
I'll bet he doesn't lay a wreath in TX. The shooter is the wrong skin color, and the state's governor is a Republican. <sigh> There's just no political points to be scored there, and no political agenda to move forward.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:12 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,639,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
More details here about the 18 year old US Citizen shooter...how did he get guns?...need to be age limits! No other country even close to lone gunman mass shootings so often like this!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Well he is 18...so the age is on par with the stereotype of young men going crazy with guns. He is not white though...he is wearing lipstick in the pics.
I haven't seen any pictures, yet. Are they being scrubbed, so the Left can push a false narrative, or am I just running up the wrong alleys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Terrible news.

Also, wth is wrong with you guys, no real solid information and you're already trying to blame it on whomever you dislike while whining that it's OTHER people that are "divisive".

How about a little human decency?
That went away, within about 40 minutes, with the Left calling for gun control. (See quote above)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, if that's his name white supremacy can't be blamed for it. Curious to know about this chase with the Border Patrol. Hmm.
RIP little ones.
Chase? Another bit I missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Where does it say he's a citizen?
Good question.

6,645 posts, read 2,961,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
I stand corrected.
Perp is a Mexicano, who shot up a largely Mexican Population HS.
Quote:
A number of the shooting victims are children of Customs and Border Patrol agents, law enforcement sources told ABC News.
I wonder if this was a sort of payback thing too. Like having a thing against the Border patrol?

1,904 posts, read 1,044,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
And he will inspire the next attention seeking shooter.
Why would healthy Kids want to emulate this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
No one wants to admit the truth, this is an American Problem. Race does not matter, ethnic background does not matter, what matters is American culture produces more violent crimes and deaths than any other 1st world country by far.

One more sign that American's problems run much deeper than we all want to admit. And the stuff we argue about daily like Trans rights, Elon Musk, Twitter, and Right/Left wing are nothing but distractions to keep us from realizing we are living in a country that is starting to unravel.

Either this country will learn to put some differences aside to put itself back together, or we will continue down the road of ending up like the Dead and gone Empires before us.
You really should do something about that 'American Leftoid Bias'

(did you learn this from CNN)???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting

Old 05-24-2022, 05:13 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I hate to say it but I thought we would see more shootings soon. They always come in clusters, particularly when the news goes on and on about “manifestos.” They should not report about manifestos or posts or whatever thought comes into a shooter’s head. Save that for the trial if there is one. Or save it for the feature on the news a few weeks later. It doesn’t matter anyway, just the ravings of lunatics.

Now they just invite more crazy people who want to get that kind of infamy.
I think school shootings are a social and psychological phenomenon. I’m not a psychologist but I know similar things happen with suicides and other copycat clusters. After columbine, it became a way to martyr yourself. I don’t think there’s any way to undo it either.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 05-24-2022, 05:13 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,783,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'll bet he doesn't lay a wreath in TX. The shooter is the wrong skin color, and the state's governor is a Republican. <sigh> There's just no political points the scored there, no political points to be scored, and no political agenda to move forward.
You seem to have a political agenda here. Why don't you give the President a chance to respond before you lay out the future for us?

Old 05-24-2022, 05:15 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We could use community volunteers to guard the school grounds.
And in a place like Uvalde they would have said “Hi Salvador, how’s your mama?”

And let him go right on inside the school…because they knew him.

(I just got off work so short on details of this particular shooting. The kid could have been scary and they wouldn’t be so blasé about it, but just pointing out how different a small town is from a city.)

Old 05-24-2022, 05:16 PM

19,801 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'll bet he doesn't lay a wreath in TX. The shooter is the wrong skin color, and the state's governor is a Republican. <sigh> There's just no political points the scored there, no political points to be scored, and no political agenda to move forward.
I think that you are wrong IF most of the victims are Hispanic. Actually, I think you are wrong even if the victims were white. His advisers know that the media will be reporting on this, and not to "lay a wreath" would cause a PR firestorm, imo. This is, of course, if Biden even goes to Texas -- which would not be the first time that a POTUS didn't attend some kind of memorial service after a school shooting. I mean, Clinton sent Gore to Columbine after that massacre instead of going himself. (I was living in Littleton at the time, so I remember.)

But maybe this will make some people think twice about saying that white supremacists are the biggest threat to the U.S. -- but probably not.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:19 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Unfortunately A regular occurence in America, not surprising with the gun laws (or lack of them), will America EVER learn? How many innocent children need to die before something is done about it! These kids were under 10 years old FFS! If nothing changes its only going to get worse there, and to think some people are stupid enough to think MORE guns is the answer! Its incredibly sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies