Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 05:15 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times

Advertisements

The mexican president and Biden are the face of shadow governments...not really in charge of anything.

Annex Mexico!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2022, 05:30 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
And all the Leftists agree. What’s the point of being your own country when Mexico is telling you what to do with your own borders.

The funny part is Mexico wouldn’t let you just walk into their country, and they certainly wouldn’t give you citizenship, welfare, free food, housing, medical, dental, etc.

We are stupid and are that way thanks to the looney Democrats.
Actually, Mexico does just let you walk into their country. Their border to the US is about the most open border one will ever encounter in their travels. I have been there on foot and by car many times and never been stopped by the Mexican authorities on entry. Now coming back is another story. USCBP is nasty. The border is tight, with fences and concertina wire strung on top. Border Patrol trucks are patrolling everywhere on the US side. It is utter nonsense about it being an open border.

The OP is misleading. The Mex-prez is dusting off a G. Bush pipe dream of having an EU-style arrangement in the Americas and that would mean free movement of goods and people throughout. I always thought it to be difficult given the vast wealth differences among the various nations. EU is more uniform, though they do have their poor and wealthy. There would be advantages and disadvantages to consider. I would not mind spending my retirement years in residence somewhere in Mexico or even South America.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:32 AM

1,874 posts, read 847,550 times
if putin was in charge , he would of invaded mexico and push all the cartel into hondura

Old 06-07-2022, 05:36 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,580,127 times
Probably because he paid for the wall that was never fully built so now he is bitter...

Old 06-07-2022, 05:45 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
BS I live near the US MX border and all I see are BP Agents on the hunt.

Don't believe everything in the media/internet.
Yep.

Arrest numbers on the border are through the roof, yet I keep hearing the border is wide open. There two things cannot both be true.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:54 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,955,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Yep.

Arrest numbers on the border are through the roof, yet I keep hearing the border is wide open. There two things cannot both be true.
ah yep they can. If you catch and release what's the point. Are you really fishing if you go catch the fish and throw it back in the water. You can if you want to but your not having fresh fish for dinner.

Old 06-07-2022, 05:56 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Actually, Mexico does just let you walk into their country. Their border to the US is about the most open border one will ever encounter in their travels. I have been there on foot and by car many times and never been stopped by the Mexican authorities on entry. Now coming back is another story. USCBP is nasty. The border is tight, with fences and concertina wire strung on top. Border Patrol trucks are patrolling everywhere on the US side. It is utter nonsense about it being an open border.

The OP is misleading. The Mex-prez is dusting off a G. Bush pipe dream of having an EU-style arrangement in the Americas and that would mean free movement of goods and people throughout. I always thought it to be difficult given the vast wealth differences among the various nations. EU is more uniform, though they do have their poor and wealthy. There would be advantages and disadvantages to consider. I would not mind spending my retirement years in residence somewhere in Mexico or even South America.
You can spend your retirement years in Mexico or South America without us having open borders for everyone south of our border to enter and reside in our country at will. The latter would be devestating to our country and its citizens.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:05 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,713,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
we need to invade Venezuela, pillage their resources and free their people. the time is over for being nice.
All we have to do is send in the marines to destroy the drug cartel and seize all its money.

Old 06-07-2022, 06:07 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I thought we already had open borders.

I thought so to but I guess they are not open enough?

What is Mexico doing at their Southern Border when a caravan of 10,000 shows up? Are they sending them back or are they putting them on a bus or train and sending them straight to our Border?

I can't imagine the shape I would be in if I had to walk a thousand miles carrying everything I own yet so many of these "migrants" wade across the Rio Grande and into the welcoming arms of the Border patrol looking like they just had a nice day out with the family.

How can this be?

Where do these people sleep every night on their journey?

What do they eat?

Where do they shower?

What do they know that our homeless people do not? Maybe our homeless should walk across the country and they would end up better off and in better shape than when they started?

If Biden caves to the Mexican Presidents demands, and he probably will then maybe we should set up a busing system that drops all these "migrants" at the Border with Canada?

Old 06-07-2022, 06:12 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

That’s because unlike illegals that come across their borders to the U.S. side, Americans going to Mexico bring money and do not compete for jobs in Mexico and certainly would not ask for anything free from the Mexican government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies