Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 07:51 AM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have already done that. The hearings are on again Thursday at ten. Join us, if you aren't too busy.
Lol, you're such a dreamer.

Old 06-15-2022, 07:53 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
We have to see Jim Jordan's testimony first.
He's been pretty shy about the whole thing. If the Committee had not had people mention Jordan in their testimony, they would not have subpoenaed him. His big problem is, he has no idea what the Committee already knows, so he can't afford to lie to them, and he can't afford to tell the truth.

We'll know by his screams how close they come to the truth when his name comes up during the hearings. For a current example, check out what Roger Stone's response was to Jordan Miller's testimony:

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-stone...090320104.html

Old 06-15-2022, 07:57 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Outside of the TDS crowd, most people are keeping up with current events; inflation, the invasion of illegals, keeping food on the table, scrounging for change in the couch to afford gas, and the utter disaster of an administration which 81 million mental midgets allegedly voted for.. Hearing the Democrats bloviate endlessly about January 6 does nothing to address any of the “current events” that actually matter to Americans.

If they have evidence that Trump was responsible for January 6, Trump should be arrested. The fact that he hasn’t been arrested tells us all that whatever “proof” they have is probably as reliable as the “proof” they’ve attempted to pawn off the last few times they tried to get him.

The hearings are the modern day version of “bread and circuses,” pushed by the Democrats because they are watching their support from anyone other than hardcore partisans dwindle more rapidly than inflation is rising. The more they focus on Trump while ignoring the disastrous policies they support, the more likely it is that they will be relegated to minority party status for the next decade. That’s already a strong likelihood simply based on the economy, but ignoring the economy in favor of making a production number out of our legal system isn’t doing them any favors.
Sounds like you are ok with wrong-doing as long as the person doesn't get caught red- handed at the crime scene. You don't seem interested in hearing evidence from the people who were in the room.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:00 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Outside of the TDS crowd, most people are keeping up with current events; inflation, the invasion of illegals, keeping food on the table, scrounging for change in the couch to afford gas, and the utter disaster of an administration which 81 million mental midgets allegedly voted for. Hearing the Democrats bloviate endlessly about January 6 does nothing to address any of the “current events” that actually matter to Americans.
Opinion. Extra points for spelling bloviate correctly.

Quote:
If they have evidence that Trump was responsible for January 6, Trump should be arrested.
Glad you're on board. Patience.

Quote:
The fact that he hasn’t been arrested tells us all that whatever “proof” they have is probably as reliable as the “proof” they’ve attempted to pawn off the last few times they tried to get him.
They are in the process of presenting witnesses from Trump's administration, telling the story, under oath.

Quote:
The hearings are the modern day version of “bread and circuses,” pushed by the Democrats because they are watching their support from anyone other than hardcore partisans dwindle more rapidly than inflation is rising. The more they focus on Trump while ignoring the disastrous policies they support, the more likely it is that they will be relegated to minority party status for the next decade. That’s already a strong likelihood simply based on the economy, but ignoring the economy in favor of making a production number out of our legal system isn’t doing them any favors.
I believe that most people want to know the truth.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:03 AM

23,645 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
How many police were there?
1200, I don't know why your committee hasn't told you this. Anyway, that amount of cops makes it even stranger that Pelosi didn't want the NG there too.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
He's been pretty shy about the whole thing. If the Committee had not had people mention Jordan in their testimony, they would not have subpoenaed him. His big problem is, he has no idea what the Committee already knows, so he can't afford to lie to them, and he can't afford to tell the truth.

We'll know by his screams how close they come to the truth when his name comes up during the hearings. For a current example, check out what Roger Stone's response was to Jordan Miller's testimony:

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-stone...090320104.html
They sure do love talking to the media, yet refuse to do so under oath. I'm seeing a pattern.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
1200, I don't know why your committee hasn't told you this. Anyway, that amount of cops makes it even stranger that Pelosi didn't want the NG there too.
It was not Pelosi who blocked the assistance from the National Guard.

Any evidence to support your allegation?

Old 06-15-2022, 08:12 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That was 1200 spread across the Capitol Complex. There were somewhere between 195 and 400 actually in the Capitol Building, according to estimates. I have no idea whose estimate to believe on this one.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:21 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,883,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It was not Pelosi who blocked the assistance from the National Guard.

Any evidence to support your allegation?
Yes it was Pelosi but I can't post links from my phone right now.

Old 06-15-2022, 08:24 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Sounds like you are ok with wrong-doing as long as the person doesn't get caught red- handed at the crime scene. You don't seem interested in hearing evidence from the people who were in the room.
I’m interested in letting the justice system do its job, not watching a group of people who lied about a man for 5 years lead an “investigation”.

Quote:
Opinion. Extra points for spelling bloviate correctly.
If so, it’s the opinion of the vast majority of people. There are a whole lot more people talking about the issues I listed than about the hearings. My social media is filled with people talking about the economy and illegal immigration, nobody is talking about January 6 other than the few who are known Trump haters.

Quote:
Glad you're on board. Patience.
On board with what? Running the country off a cliff while attempting to distract the masses? Not particularly.

Quote:
They are in the process of presenting witnesses from Trump's administration, telling the story, under oath.
Which should be done by the DOJ, not by a committee appointed by an individual who has no respect for her office, the office of President, or the people of the United States.

Quote:
I believe that most people want to know the truth.
Most people want to see their 401k stop tanking, their weekly gas fill up stop costing as much as their car payment, and groceries on the shelf. If they are looking for the truth about January 6, the Democrats are the last place they’ll turn to for it considering the abysmal track record the Democrats have with being honest. The people hung up on the hearings aren’t interested in the truth, they’re interested in confirmation of their beliefs.

You do realize that everything posted on these forums is someone’s opinion, right? Calling out a post as being “opinion” is pointless. And yes, I can spell bloviate correctly despite the fact that my spellcheck wants to change it every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies