Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 05:12 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,639,402 times

Advertisements

"Come on In".

Old 07-24-2022, 05:13 PM

13,467 posts, read 4,301,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Committee does not have the power of law enforcement. If crimes are uncovered during the investigation, they can turn the information over to DOJ or request indictments, but that is the extent of it.

The ones we have seen accusing Trump of crimes have been his lawyers, White House employees who worked close enough to him that they would have had daily contact, the heads of federal agencies including the heads of his own DOJ, his Attorney General, republican secretaries of state and election officials, Capitol Police officers who were at the Capitol on 1/6, and an assortment of people arrested for participating in the insurrection. All republicans and MAGAs, testifying under oath under penalty of perjury.

The ones who can testify and refute the ones whose testimony we have heard, Jordan, Biggs, Scavino, Meadows, and Navarro, have refused to testify under oath. Flynn and Eastman could have set the record straight when they gave testimony, but they were both too busy pleading the Fifth to try to temporarily keep themselves out of jail. We have asked in this thread probably a hundred times of a number of people to tell us who they would like to hear testify, and not a one of them ever said a mumbling word.

The truth is still the truth, and everybody here knows it, regardless of how much they try to protest it and spin it. But, as always, you are welcome to try.

Post on. Just don't delude yourself that you are in the least convincing.

They have the same power of law enforcement of subpoena for the exception to prosecute. If they subpoena you and you don't go, they can have the DOJ arrest you.

While the power to investigate is broad, the Supreme Court has ruled that Congress must confine itself to “legislative purposes” and avoid the strictly private affairs of individual citizens.

How can they publicly accuse Trump crimes without doing a criminal investigation? Where is the evidence coming from? Is not from the DOJ.

None of the witnesses ever said anything that Trump committed a crime. They were there answering direct questions for specific answers from a committee that already found him guilty and made up their minds before the hearing to fit their narrative. This is just a process to reconfirmed the guilty side of impeachment.

Trump was the main target during the impeachment and now that Trump is a private citizen, he is the main target of Congress criminal investigation hearing. They accused Trump of crimes before the hearing started.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:15 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
"Come on In".

One door out of eight, and the crooked officers have been suspended.

Nice try. What else you got…?

Old 07-24-2022, 05:15 PM

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except that’s not proof that will hold up in court that he incited a riot. The fact is folks are so obsessed with getting him that they choose to ignore what he said. When’s the court date for this “proof”?
I don't care if he's "got".

Doesn't make him any less of a reprehensible person.

You don't need courts to prove that's the case.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:17 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Lol. There’s no proof that because Trump incited them to riot. He told them to protest peacefully which is how it started. How it ended isn’t his fault.

I understand exactly what he told them to do. It’s you that is ignoring the fact that he told them to protest peacefully and patriotically.
He said that roughly an hour before he told them to go fight like hell, by that time the crowd was so riled up, I doubt they even remember him saying that. And the fight like hell words came near the end, I'm sure they remember those words. Perhaps he should have said those peaceful words at the end of his speech. He also said, you will never take your country back by being weak. I don't see how that statement and being peaceful work together.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:17 PM

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
And then he asked them to protest peacefully and patriotically and that’s that, and also what you’re ignoring.

Where’s your proof that will hold up in court that he incited the riot?
I've addressed the "peacefully and patriotically" wink wink dog whistle several times, not ignoring it at all.

I don't think it was sincere.

Just like the premise they were there to "protest" about. Lies.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:18 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don't care if he's "got".

Doesn't make him any less of a reprehensible person.

You don't need courts to prove that's the case.
Exactly

Old 07-24-2022, 05:21 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Except that’s not proof that will hold up in court that he incited a riot. The fact is folks are so obsessed with getting him that they choose to ignore what he said. When’s the court date for this “proof”?
There is no court date. However, testimony, especially first-hand testimony is admissible in a court of law. Hearsay has also been allowed to prove a case. You can look it up if you'd like.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:22 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Sorry but you are the only one who doesn't get it. Trump incited the riot. Period.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
He said that roughly an hour before he told them to go fight like hell, by that time the crowd was so riled up, I doubt they even remember him saying that. And the fight like hell words came near the end, I'm sure they remember those words. Perhaps he should have said those peaceful words at the end of his speech. He also said, you will never take your country back by being weak. I don't see how that statement and being peaceful work together.
Again, doubt doesn’t mean anything, and you continue to deflect from the question. Where is your proof to him inciting the riot that will hold up in court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies