Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 10:08 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Three people had actual weapons, and apparently none of the three carried them inside the building. Didn't they know that, according to the left, they were supposed to overtake the capitol???
No. Three people had been charged as having weapons that day at the time that article was written. Saying only three people had guns on them because that's all police found is like saying only ten people were speeding on I-95 through Virginia because that's how many speeders troopers pulled over.

Lonnie Coffman, aside from the guns and Molotov cocktails found in his truck, had two unregistered guns on him when he was apprehended going back to his truck.

Quote:
Court records and video surveillance footage show that Coffman, who had ties to militia groups, parked the vehicle near the Capitol at 9:15 a.m. that day. The documents say that after he got out of his pickup truck at 9:20 a.m., he joined a crowd of people who walked directly to the Capitol building.
Jan. 6 defendants were armed with guns, other weapons, documents show

Then there were the guns at Trump's rally before they marched to the Capitol. Rep. Cheney read from police transcripts of people seen carrying. There was Trump's remarks that they weren't there to harm him. Somehow he knew that. He wanted the SS to remove the metal detectors.

Quote:
Cheney noted that among the supporters who chose to pass through metal detectors so they could get closer to Trump, security screened weapons and equipment including pepper spray, knives, batons and gas masks. Several thousand more people did not go through metal detectors and watched from the nearby Washington Monument lawn.
I'm guessing there were more than three weapons at the Capitol that day.

House Committee Describes Weapons Trump Supporters Had On Jan. 6, Including AR-15s

Old 07-24-2022, 10:15 PM

23,547 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
No. Three people had been charged as having weapons that day at the time that article was written. Saying only three people had guns on them because that's all police found is like saying only ten people were speeding on I-95 through Virginia because that's how many speeders troopers pulled over.

Lonnie Coffman, aside from the guns and Molotov cocktails found in his truck, had two unregistered guns on him when he was apprehended going back to his truck.

Jan. 6 defendants were armed with guns, other weapons, documents show

Then there were the guns at Trump's rally before they marched to the Capitol. Rep. Cheney read from police transcripts of people seen carrying. There was Trump's remarks that they weren't there to harm him. Somehow he knew that. He wanted the SS to remove the metal detectors.

I'm guessing there were more than three weapons at the Capitol that day.

House Committee Describes Weapons Trump Supporters Had On Jan. 6, Including AR-15s
Let us know when you have more than a guess.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:18 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Let us know when you have more than a guess.
That was sarcasm. The police logs from that day in my second link I posted right above the words you bolded make it plain that police saw more than three weapons before the rally alone. You like to latch onto parts of an entire post and ignore the rest of it to prove a point that is, in this case, demonstrably false.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:20 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
I hope you never ask for proof, if you do then I hope everyone you ask it of gives you the same bs run around. I know I certainly will.
I have asked you for proof of an allegation and got exactly what you are getting now. You reap what you sow.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:45 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
I read it, but this post, has discrepancies with the testimonies.
So who to believe it, or not.
Believe or don't believe. Love Trump or hate him. Be informed or be clueless. Not my problem what you want to think about all this.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:48 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
That was sarcasm. The police logs from that day in my second link I posted right above the words you bolded make it plain that police saw more than three weapons before the rally alone. You like to latch onto parts of an entire post and ignore the rest of it to prove a point that is, in this case, demonstrably false.
She is good at that. Don't waste your time.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Later, she repeated the assertion: "They continue to call this an armed insurrection," Bartiromo said. "And yet no guns were seized, Mr. President."

"Right," Trump answered. "There were no guns whatsoever."
"no guns were seized"..."Right, there were no guns whatsoever" [that were seized]

Then it goes on to say "several had guns that police later seized"... "later".

Yet, the cops say there were people all over the place with guns, and the cops apparently just shrugged their shoulders and let all of these many people walk around with all of these guns? Wow, the cops are looking more and more like the Keystone Cops. Ushering protesters into the area around the capitol, unlocking the doors and allowing them to freely walk into the buildings, taking them on tours through the building, taking selfies with them, standing around doing nothing but looking bored while windows are being broken...etc......and now, apparently letting many of them walk all over the place with guns, which could have been used against them if the rioters had actually wanted to take over? Good grief, who hired these cops and who trained them, if they'd actually received any training?

What in the world happened to these cops between 2020 and Jan 6? Did all of the good ones just up and leave before Jan 6 or something?

Old 07-24-2022, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have asked you for proof of an allegation and got exactly what you are getting now. You reap what you sow.
Lol, no. Though, I do remember standing my ground and refusing AFTER you'd first set the standard of refusing to prove your point. You do have quite the history of doing that.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
She is good at that. Don't waste your time.
Well, at least I'm good at something. What's your excuse?

Old 07-24-2022, 11:46 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
LOL. The sheer volume of posting to deny reality by people who refuse to even watch anything that might correct them is fascinating. Theres a couple posters that have non stop gone on about how no one cares....then posting non stop here, because they clearly care enough to try and keep OTHER people from being educated on it.

Just wild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies