Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 11:05 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Proof to because Trump not knowing anything about the Constitution?
You can't be serious lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 11:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You can't be serious lol
Yep. Proof to your unfounded claim?

Old 06-09-2022, 11:31 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yep, but no surprise to dodging the question. Proof to your unfounded claim?
Do you really think he knows anything about the constitution. Most people don't. Our elected officials do. Well at least they used to be.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:33 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Do you really think he knows anything about the constitution. Most people don't. Our elected officials do. Well at least they used to be.
Yep. Please post proof to your unfounded claim instead of continuing to deflect?

Old 06-10-2022, 06:45 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
After reading a lot of the doom and gloom on this board (unjustified in my humble opinion), this story really hit me. Hard.

The biggest threat against the MAGA movement isn't the Left, the media, or even electoral theft - it's ourselves.

DeSantis Tops Trump in Conservative Straw Poll But There's Something Unsettling About It

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...g-n2608373?814

I agree with this author whole-heartedly.

Although I am in the Trump camp, if he stepped aside for DeSantis, I would rejoice - and happily support DeSantis full force. But DeSantis is still young, and has more good he can do for FL - then we tee him up for 2028 and we get the longest Republican reign since the 80s.

On the other hand, if the Left has its way - they take the two strongest figures in the Party and pit them against each other - and it produces rapid electoral destruction for the MAGA GOP. Because both men agree on virtually everything and draw much of the same base of support.

I concur that they need to have a talk and one hundred percent ensure there is no civil war.

For one thing, even if DeSantis prevailed in a food fight with Trump, the MSM would then use that against him in the general to try and persuade Trump supporters to stay home. Of course, if the roles were reversed this holds true as well - but many Republicans seem to think DeSantis is somehow immune to the media's attacks. The media would act accordingly in an attempt to divide the MAGA movement permanently, and thus decimate its ranks - ultimately keeping the Dems in power.

Make no mistake, I firmly believe this is the Left's "ace in the hole" - break in case of emergency - and our two greatest assets need to recognize this ASAP.
Keep in mind how so many declared Trump could NOT WIN the 1st time!

Hoe did THAT turn out?

Old 06-10-2022, 06:55 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Can our country get anymore idiotic by nominating Trump for the highest court. They've already lost all respect. But now you want to make it worse by nominating someone who has no idea about the constitution.

It was a joke designed to trigger people like you.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:05 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I hope Trump stays home. Desantis is damn smart, has excellent conservative ideals, and all without the childish antics, name calling, pettiness, insults, etc...
THIS X 1 BILLION ^^^^^.

Quote:
Desantis with Nikki Haley as VP would be a winning ticket.
I hadn’t really thought about who would make a good running mate for DeSantis, but I think you may be onto something.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That theory is understood VERY well by the left.

I'm not sure why the Right can't see this as clearly.

If Trump INSISTS on running again, the republicans have little chance. They're too split.

If he somehow grows some maturity (unlikely) and steps aside and throws all his support behind whoever the republican candidate is, you will very likely win.

Biden's not running again, so you can take that off the table as something to strategize about.
If donors would back Biden, he’ll run again but, at this point, I think that that potential backing is very questionable.

Old 06-10-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Much as I wish Trump were president right now, the fact is that he is damaged goods. This is due to a rabidly partisan press, an opposition party that constantly hits below the belt, and a bunch of low-information voters who refuse to see beyond "Orange Man Bad" and "Mean Tweets." Nothing about it is fair, but it's where we are. I want a Republican in the White House. And I think it's vastly more likely that DeSantis would get more votes on the margins than Trump would.
Oh, the irony (re the first three sentences).

Old 06-10-2022, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
One or the other would get nominated. Trump still has a huge following. If DeSantis was the nominee, then they would vote for him. This is just a bunch of BS that Townhall is pushing.

I don't give a flying rat's backside about allegedly 'mean tweets', Trump got things done.
The bolded doesn’t matter.

Nothing is more important than character.

No one that deficient character wise should ever get elected President, and that includes Biden as well.

Quote:
He trashed the media and Dem leaders, which they deserved. Who cares if their little feelings were hurt. Media and Dems clearly don't give a damn about you.

The only thing that will keep Repubs out is more cheating.
Nope.

Trump’s behavior was childish, unpresidential, and constituted ‘punching down’.

Trump shouldn’t have been so thin skinned. He should have kept his cool and made a comment in each scenario that indicated he was above it all…because he was. He was the President, others were not. That would have been alpha male behavior. Trump didn’t have that in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies