Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 05:25 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
Because the educators want to prove they're tolerant, open-minded, inclusive, and celebrate diversity.
Government parasites exposing innocent children to pervert child molesters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 05:26 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
It's the DOE's new priority...a Drag Queen in every school.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Government parasites exposing innocent children to pervert child molesters
they are not all molesters. An adult male that does that doesn't mean they want to hurt children. In fact, I bet, most of them would protect children.

But there is an "age appropriate" component we need to think about.

We don't teach calculus to third graders.

There is no need to expose children to this part of human sexuality until they are older.

The far left just doesn't get it. They want to force their world view on the rest of rest us.

Of course, the far right is equally guilty.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
they are not all molesters. An adult male that does that doesn't mean they want to hurt children. In fact, I bet, most of them would protect children.

But there is an "age appropriate" component we need to think about.

We don't teach calculus to third graders.

There is no need to expose children to this part of human sexuality until they are older.

The far left just doesn't get it. They want to forces their world view on the rest of rest us.

Of course, the far right is equally guilty.
There is zero reason to parade some freak show around a government facility that exists to educate children.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:38 PM

1,719 posts, read 730,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry but I'm a toxic white male. Unless I show up in an arseless monkey suit with a 12 inch phallus attached I'm the bad guy.

Google it if you missed the reference.
Oh, I know who you mean! The rainbow monkey-suit man with exposed fake buttocks, exposed fake nipples and partially exposed fake pendulous breasts, and exposed fake giant phallus; all of it wobbling and flung around for the kids to see and enjoy.

London Redbridge Libraries hired and initially defended this guy, then apologized after strong backlash from parents.

Putting a gender "fluid" person with exposed fake privates in front of children ... yeah, the kids are certainly going to be encouraged -- but not to read.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:40 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You are conflating two different things. Note that I said above, I am not talking about transvestites or a typical male-to-female character.

Again, I'm talking about men doing ridiculous things and looking ridiculously overdone as a "female." When was the last time you saw ANY woman in your daily life looking that freaking tacky, gaudy, and clownlike? You don't. Again, it's hyperbole "humor" at women's expense. You really have no defense here. I can claim, just as you did that black face was "just a performance by a man." And, yeah, that is technically true. But can you say anything MORE about that performance?

Besides, I doubt a male Shakespearian performer dressed up as a women in a play specifically to make fun of women and make them look cheap and tacky.
It is not intended to make fun of anyone or anything. The male and female drag performers are good friends and give each other tips on authenticity. Drag shows are pure theater. if you have never been to one, I urge you to go and see for yourself first hand the artistry that goes into the costumes, hair, makeup, and mimicry of the opposite gender's traits.

Al Jolson performed in blackface most of his career. That was an entirely different era, which though unacceptable by today's standards reflected the attitudes of the Vaudeville era. That said, it was still racist. In blackface, any performer could get a laugh from an audience by doing something stupid that was considered stereotypical then for a black person. "Amos and Andy" is another sterling example. The original radio show was performed by white men. To their credit and the changing of the times, when the television show began filming in 1951 they hired a black cast to fill the roles. They still played the buffoons and bumblers that the audience had come to expect, but it was a half step up.

It wasn't until the late 1950s and early 1960s that black actors were given honest roles as something besides simpletons or hired help. Rod Serling and Blake Edwards wrote serious television roles for black men and women as law officers, scientists, and a lot of other serious lead and supporting roles. Star Trek brought diversity to the fore with their casting in 1966.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:45 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
You assume that poster is a Drag Queen....they want Drag Queens not parent volunteers.
Story hours here at the local libraries are always looking for volunteers to read. They don't discriminate, and they don't care if you look like Jason Momoa or Boy George. All volunteers are appreciated.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:10 PM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It is not intended to make fun of anyone or anything. The male and female drag performers are good friends and give each other tips on authenticity. Drag shows are pure theater. if you have never been to one, I urge you to go and see for yourself first hand the artistry that goes into the costumes, hair, makeup, and mimicry of the opposite gender's traits.

Al Jolson performed in blackface most of his career. That was an entirely different era, which though unacceptable by today's standards reflected the attitudes of the Vaudeville era. That said, it was still racist. In blackface, any performer could get a laugh from an audience by doing something stupid that was considered stereotypical then for a black person. "Amos and Andy" is another sterling example. The original radio show was performed by white men. To their credit and the changing of the times, when the television show began filming in 1951 they hired a black cast to fill the roles. They still played the buffoons and bumblers that the audience had come to expect, but it was a half step up.

It wasn't until the late 1950s and early 1960s that black actors were given honest roles as something besides simpletons or hired help. Rod Serling and Blake Edwards wrote serious television roles for black men and women as law officers, scientists, and a lot of other serious lead and supporting roles. Star Trek brought diversity to the fore with their casting in 1966.
As you yourself imply in your post, these acts "reflected the attitudes of the Vaudeville era," just as broad face at this point in history "reflects the attitudes for SOME in the era in which we exist." Hopefully, just as with black face, broad face will be seen for exactly the offensive clown-show it is at some point in the future. At this point, some just don't see it.

As for me, yes, I have suffered through my share of drag queen shows. I was a professional musician for quite a number of years and played in everything from strip clubs to big arenas at one time or another. Didn't think much of strippers either, but at least they were not making fun of anyone.

Ultimately, we'll simply have to agree to disagree yet again. Surprising, huh? You know, beings I don't think we've ever agreed on much of anything here. For instance, I'll go ahead and say the sky is blue, and you will counter that the sky is .........................

Old 06-24-2022, 06:21 PM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
As you yourself imply in your post, these acts "reflected the attitudes of the Vaudeville era," just as broad face at this point in history "reflects the attitudes for SOME in the era in which we exist." Hopefully, just as with black face, broad face will be seen for exactly the offensive clown-show it is at some point in the future. At this point, some just don't see it.

As for me, yes, I have suffered through my share of drag queen shows. I was a professional musician for quite a number of years and played in everything from strip clubs to big arenas at one time or another. Didn't think much of strippers either, but at least they were not making fun of anyone.

Ultimately, we'll simply have to agree to disagree yet again. Surprising, huh? You know, beings I don't think we've ever agreed on much of anything here. For instance, I'll go ahead and say the sky is blue, and you will counter that the sky is .........................
Bingo…so many folks crave for everyone to think and do as they do…much like the folks that say they just want to be treated normal as they dress up in clown suits for attention.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:27 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
There is zero reason to parade some freak show around a government facility that exists to educate children.
Agreed.

It shouldn't be in any educational facility in k-12. Just due to age appropriate.

We don't let people drive till 16
drink till 21
serve till 18

why?

This is way to confusing for children at those times. Just regular nocturnal human mating techniques allowed. With some lead way that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies