Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 07:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Are you OK with women not being held accountable for refusing to use cheap, affordable, and easily accessible contraceptives in the worlds richest country with men who clearly don’t want to stick around?
Yes. And I don't think I even want to know what you mean by "held accountable".

Old 06-26-2022, 07:09 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,028,117 times
The Roe Vs Wade has only to do with the States and not the federal government to decide on abortion laws. Nothing will stop a woman getting an abortion if she lives in Texas, she can always go to MExico, or in states where abortion is legal or Canada. BTW nothing is going to stop a woman in Texas from ordering an abortion pill online too. I believe the media has claimed and it is to ban abortion outright, and that is not the case.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:12 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,028,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Abortion isn't banned. That authority now goes to the states.
The Biden administration is already working on how to address it for states that may ban abortion.
They are considering giving "birthing people" who want abortions travel/hotel money so they can go to a state that does abortions.

People are traveling today to states that allow late term abortions. I don't see that changing much.
You are right, nothing has changed much. Abortion rates will remain unchanged.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Yes. And I don't think I even want to know what you mean by "held accountable".
Well then run for governor. Good luck.

“Held accountable” means taking care of your offspring, sorry that’s a foreign concept for you.

Contraceptives are for birth control. Abortion is not a contraceptive.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
No interest in doing that, thanks.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:16 PM

24,645 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
No interest in doing that, thanks.
Then you can enjoy the new ruling by the SC. Thanks.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:17 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Plenty of humans cannot speak (mute), and many lack the brain power of awareness (Dementia, coma, mental illness, stroke)

Glad that you think they don’t have the right to live.

Do you plan to start pulling the plug in nursing homes, mental institutions, and hospitals? Will you be arresting the homeless who are mentally ill?
Those people you list are not living inside another person and feeding off her, are they? They have been born. Big difference being born or not.

Try again with a better analogy.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:18 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Are you OK with women dying from pregnancy because doctors are too afraid of the potential consequences to perform a needed abortion? That's already happening in Texas.
Um

Quote:
Can I get abortion in Texas if I have a life-threatening pregnancy?

Yes. Texas’ ban on abortion makes exceptions for cases in which an abortion would save the pregnant patient’s life or prevent “substantial impairment of major bodily function.”

Old 06-26-2022, 07:18 PM

Quote:

“Held accountable” means taking care of your offspring, sorry that’s a foreign concept for you.

Contraceptives are for birth control. Abortion is not a contraceptive.
I'm glad to hear that is all you meant, and not charged with a crime.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:19 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Hello, it's the states that want the government to rule over a womans autonomy.

It's the state government that wants control over women's bodies and the court just gave them the power.
Nonsense. There's just a bunch of us out here who believe that murder at any age is wrong. Short of murdering her baby or doing something to harm others, I really don't care what a woman chooses to do.

Tubal ligation -- there's a "my body my choice" item that I can seriously get behind!! And if you're really committed to removing yourself from the breeding-capable pool of humanity, a full hysterectomy is something I'd fully endorse.

And I'm equal opportunity on this. If you're a man and don't wanna make any babies, go get a vasectomy already!!

The problem with abortion: Now you've introduced another human life into the equation and that human being has the right to not be murdered. The 14th Amendment grants equal protection under the law. I think a baby having the right to not be murdered trumps the right of a woman to opt out of the consequences of her own actions. What actions? Willingly, intentionally and consensually participating in the act of human reproduction, and succeeding, then regretting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies