Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 11:42 AM

12,005 posts, read 6,285,396 times

Advertisements

It sounds like the OP is raising the proposition that we just kill everyone who is a net drain on tax coffers.

Interesting thinking.

I don't agree.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:43 AM

29,935 posts, read 25,056,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I didn't think much about it either. I did a few dumb things along the way but was never pregnant. I didn't go without birth control more than maybe twice. Once because the guy pulled off the condom and the other because I was stupid and the guy said he would pull out.

THEN, when I got pregnant and tracked my baby's development week by week, it forced me to think about it. I have been prochoice but thinking about what actually happened moved me in terms of WHEN I think it should be allowed. I, like MOST of the country, only support abortion in the first trimester.

That's life for ya. We learn as we go and adjust according to our life experiences. It's good that you are open to the wisdom these experiences offer. The greatest tragedy of our day is the vast number of people who allow television personalities and do nothing politicians to decide issues for them. Many of these people are being manipulated and whipped into a frenzy to serve the interests of the elites. This is not a recipe for a great, enlightened high functioning society. A mentally neutered society incapable of critical thinking and self determination is bound to fall into the trap that will be known by future generations as modern day serfdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It sounds like the OP is raising the proposition that we just kill everyone who is a net drain on tax coffers.

Interesting thinking.

I don't agree.

OP really isn't doing that though, as they made no mention of all the wealthy elites who are just as much a drain on the tax coffers. I'd say OP either hates the poor, or assumes conservatives hate the poor.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:47 AM

4,698 posts, read 1,984,731 times
and here is a simple solution you stop giving extra benefits for all those kids. When people have to struggle more and live with the consequences of their actions they tend to change what actions they take. Birth control is relatively available to anybody who takes a few minutes out of there day to get and is highly effective. I always remember my first experience with someone I know talking about abortion. I was perhaps 17 working at my first job at McD's and sitting down with two girls who were co-workers. One was discussing how her and her boyfriend had, in her words summoned the stork a few times the night before and she commented on she should probably have used protection but also said the following which i have never forgot "oh well i'll just get another abortion I already had 2 and they were no big deal". She was mayby 18 and just considered abortion as nothing since she didnt want to bother with birth control. i.e. personal responsibility just didnt matter because there were no consequences to her actions.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:51 AM

6,195 posts, read 2,802,454 times
My thoughts exactly. How will the government/states afford all the extra welfare to take care of these kids, Wic, food stamps, healthcare you name it.

The system is already badly strained as it is.

Old 06-25-2022, 11:55 AM

6,456 posts, read 2,772,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
The Democrats have had every opportunity in "Blue States" to support women who decide to give birth instead of abort.

So what you are really saying is that since most abortions are performed on Women of Color and poor women, the real message from Liberals is that if you are a woman of color or poor is that your baby's life means nothing, so just get rid of it so we don't have to deal with it or you. Compassionate Liberals...

Old 06-25-2022, 12:11 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,013,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
My thoughts exactly. How will the government/states afford all the extra welfare to take care of these kids, Wic, food stamps, healthcare you name it.

Exactly.. And combined that with this ridiculous inflation and the economy now hitting the skids.. You as well just throw this country into 1929 right now

Old 06-25-2022, 12:27 PM

43,551 posts, read 18,621,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
It's mostly illegals so they can have anchor babies. No sweat off of their backs about abortion.
They more they have the more $$ they get from Uncle Sam.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,274,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
THEY will be getting the support instead of the illegals that the Democrats allowed to invade our cities. Hopefully the illegals will self-deport.
With how expensive it is to live here, I can see the day when the U.S. will no longer be as attractive for illegals.

Old 06-25-2022, 12:31 PM

43,551 posts, read 18,621,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post

Do you have any numbers that you are using to base your prediction off of ??? You talk as if MILLIONS of babies will be born rather than aborted.

SC in 2020 had a total of 5000 abortions. The state has a population of 5 million.

You have no issue with the illegals having their anchor babies to get onto the welfare bandwagon ???

Old 06-25-2022, 12:39 PM

18,763 posts, read 7,671,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
With how expensive it is to live here, I can see the day when the U.S. will no longer be as attractive for illegals.
That will only make a difference to them when the US govt finally stops giving them everything everything everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies