Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 10:18 AM

15,980 posts, read 7,044,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Not as a percentage though, so your statement is misleading.

"A Department of Agriculture report from November estimated that 35.7% of SNAP recipients in the 2018 fiscal year were white, 25.1% were Black, 16.7% were Hispanic, 3% were Asian, and 1.5% were Native American (0.8% were listed as multiple races, while 17.4% were listed as "race unknown").Aug 11, 2020"

If you compare these percentages to the general population, you'll see that Blacks make up ~13% of the population, but 25.1% of those on SNAP are black, so they are at least twice as likely to be on SNAP than Whites.
In plain numbers more white poor are getting my tax money. that is ok with me. numbers don't lie. the same percentage of white poor are also getting abortions. with the the ban in poor and red states more white babies will be born into poverty. maybe that was the idea more white votes, who cares if they are starving and uneducated.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:23 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
In plain numbers more white poor are getting my tax money. that is ok with me. numbers don't lie. the same percentage of white poor are also getting abortions. with the the ban in poor and red states more white babies will be born into poverty. maybe that was the idea more white votes, who cares if they are starving and uneducated.
In a wealthy nation? I'd be embarrassed.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:26 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times
Also, since conservatives believe that life begins at conception, does that mean pregnant women who are one month into their pregnancy can now begin receiving for WIC, SNAP, and welfare?

I mean, since the far-right is now forcing women to have babies that they might otherwise have aborted, and since that glob of cells the side of a poppy seed at 5 weeks pregnant "is a life" (according to religious conservatives), then women should immediately have access to every social/welfare program our government has in place the second they test pregnant.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Also, since conservatives believe that life begins at conception, does that mean pregnant women who are one month into their pregnancy can now begin receiving for WIC, SNAP, and welfare?

I mean, since the far-right is now forcing women to have babies that they might otherwise have aborted, and since that glob of cells the side of a poppy seed at 5 weeks pregnant "is a life" (according to religious conservatives), then women should immediately have access to every social/welfare program our government has in place the second they test pregnant.
With the invent of contraceptives (some a permanent procedure with no take back) no one is forcing any woman to get pregnant. That decision is 100% theirs.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:40 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I didn't think much about it either. I did a few dumb things along the way but was never pregnant. I didn't go without birth control more than maybe twice. Once because the guy pulled off the condom and the other because I was stupid and the guy said he would pull out.

THEN, when I got pregnant and tracked my baby's development week by week, it forced me to think about it. I have been prochoice but thinking about what actually happened moved me in terms of WHEN I think it should be allowed. I, like MOST of the country, only support abortion in the first trimester.
14 weeks seems to be the tipping point, but, like you and Andywire, most people have never had to really give it that much thought.

This will now change.

Old 06-26-2022, 10:41 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
That's life for ya. We learn as we go and adjust according to our life experiences. It's good that you are open to the wisdom these experiences offer. The greatest tragedy of our day is the vast number of people who allow television personalities and do nothing politicians to decide issues for them. Many of these people are being manipulated and whipped into a frenzy to serve the interests of the elites. This is not a recipe for a great, enlightened high functioning society. A mentally neutered society incapable of critical thinking and self determination is bound to fall into the trap that will be known by future generations as modern day serfdom.

OP really isn't doing that though, as they made no mention of all the wealthy elites who are just as much a drain on the tax coffers. I'd say OP either hates the poor, or assumes conservatives hate the poor.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to andywire again.

+1

Old 06-26-2022, 10:43 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
With the invent of contraceptives (some a permanent procedure with no take back) no one is forcing any woman to get pregnant. That decision is 100% theirs.
For them not to have an unwanted pregnancy, they must now be responsible, & that is what Libs are all worked up about...sexually active women having to be responsible for their own actions...seems quite reasonable to me...the men in the picture too, must be responsible for their actions.

Being an adult comes with responsibilities.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
For them not to have an unwanted pregnancy, they must now be responsible, & that is what Libs are all worked up about...sexually active women having to be responsible for their own actions...seems quite reasonable to me...the men in the picture too, must be responsible for their actions.

Being an adult comes with responsibilities.
One would think ... however, the States got one of their laws back. If the trend continues towards 'people's right to choose the law'; if one is in the business of dictatorship, that might be something to get worked up about.

Old 06-26-2022, 03:15 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
Which is why I support abortion- fewer democrats.

I do think and hope that more strict abortion laws will drive liberals out of conservative states, which could prove to be a tremendous benefit.

No one likes liberals and having them leave (or refuse to move to) conservative states may be an unexpected bonanza for conservatives. Let libs stay where they are at and destroy liberal areas.

Old 06-26-2022, 05:02 PM

2,671 posts, read 1,190,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Newborn babies are in demand for adoption so you were sayin?
Are they all put up for adoption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies