Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 02:54 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
We sell them overseas. It’s a win-win.
We lose a bunch of degenerates and make back some money on the sale of the kids.
That's what China said ... then they were scared of being overpopulated, today they're scared there won't be enough of a population to pay to the bills. So they took back the one-child rule. As it turns out, couples are really not that interested in conceiving and the one-child, if any, works for them. Oops, who saw that one coming?

Old 06-27-2022, 02:56 PM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know. What does that have to do with anything? Taking away women's bodily rights anywhere is taking away women's bodily rights.
Her choice is to keep her legs closed or use contraception. If a terminally ill person doesn't have the right to die peacefully on their terms - how can a woman have a right to end an unborn baby's life - where is their choice to live. The gov't mandated vaccines - that goes against my body my choice.

I actually lean more towards abortion these days - had more people aborted - we wouldn't have these loons in society today disrupting society, we could have had less crime if these criminals were aborted at birth and being many kids these days are being born to crack heads ect... - we'll have to take care of many of them all their life.

Old 06-27-2022, 02:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Her choice is to keep her legs closed or use contraception. If a terminally ill person doesn't have the right to die peacefully on their terms - how can a woman have a right to end an unborn baby's life - where is their choice to live. The gov't mandated vaccines - that goes against my body my choice.

I actually lean more towards abortion these days - had more people aborted - we wouldn't have these loons in society today disrupting society, we could have had less crime if these criminals were aborted at birth and being many kids these days are being born to crack heads ect... - we'll have to take care of many of them all their life.
You can say "close her legs" all you want, there will be many more children born, and many more born below the poverty level, and red states will be paying for them. Or else neglecting them horribly, in which case, what happened to that sanctity of life thing?

Personally, I have never minded that my taxes partially went toward helping other people eat. I was relieved, honored and felt blessed to be on the paying side of things. But red-staters...well, this is going to be a bit of a surprise, and it will definitely mean higher taxes, especially since they can't beg for fed money.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:45 PM

978 posts, read 1,059,711 times
Quote:
49% of women seeking abortions in the U.S. are below the poverty level.

Thar's seeking, not getting

= 51% getting abortions were over the poverty line

Old 06-27-2022, 06:56 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
If they don't, the children still need to eat.
then maybe "mommy" and "daddy" should feed them

Old 06-27-2022, 07:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
You can say "close her legs" all you want, there will be many more children born, and many more born below the poverty level, and red states will be paying for them. Or else neglecting them horribly, in which case, what happened to that sanctity of life thing?

Personally, I have never minded that my taxes partially went toward helping other people eat. I was relieved, honored and felt blessed to be on the paying side of things. But red-staters...well, this is going to be a bit of a surprise, and it will definitely mean higher taxes, especially since they can't beg for fed money.
what makes you think more babies will be born??...the feds did NOT ban abortion

what makes you think this will hit the red states harder?? California has the most people on welfare in the country...a full 34% of the entire country's welfare population is in California

Old 06-27-2022, 07:12 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
All the cells are alive even before the moment of conception. But so is a skin tag in one's arm pit. When those cells become a human being is a theological debate. All justices striking down RvW are Catholic, they have the strongest view of any religion that it is at conception and even birth control is sinful. Jewish beliefs vary from 40 days to even at birth, in Islam 120 days is the cutoff.
Theology doesn't take into consideration the unique DNA that is created at the moment of conception.

This DNA is different from both the mother's and the father's.

It is replicated in every new cell as the embryo grows.

This DNA will not change form at any point from conception to natural death.

The cells that are alive before conception are either the mother's or the father's and are not the same as these cells because the DNA in question, the most fundamental of biological building blocks, belongs to only one person.

When the new DNA is created, a new life is created.

Old 06-27-2022, 07:26 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Terminally I'll people do have the right to die on their own terms.

Quote:
Physician-assisted suicide, or "medical aid in dying" is legal in eleven jurisdictions: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Montana, Maine,[1] New Jersey,[2] New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist...d%20Washington.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:16 PM

1,665 posts, read 976,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And the reason this is government's problem is.....??
Well they have to blame something you know..

Old 06-27-2022, 11:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
then maybe "mommy" and "daddy" should feed them
Of course they should. But many can't. Others are abusive/neglectful. If you can basically tell starving kids to go scratch, then you are NOT pro-life.

The simple fact remains: more kids/families will be on assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies