Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 11:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,021,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what makes you think more babies will be born??...the feds did NOT ban abortion

what makes you think this will hit the red states harder?? California has the most people on welfare in the country...a full 34% of the entire country's welfare population is in California
Nope! Not per capita. I mean CA has more people than any other state, period, so...yeah. Technically we will have the "most" of anything. As a percentage of a state's population, however, here are the most welfare recipients:

New Mexico (21,326 per 100k)
West Virginia (17,509 per 100k)
Louisiana (17,429 per 100k)
Mississippi (14,874 per 100k)
Alabama (14,522 per 100k)
Oklahoma (14,464 per 100k)
Illinois (14,211 per 100k)
Rhode Island (13,890 per 100k)
Pennsylvania (13,622 per 100k)
Oregon (13,504 per 100k)

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ients-by-state

And growing.

Old 06-28-2022, 01:18 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Along with increased births will come DNA paternity tests. Deadbeat dads and out of wedlock births will become relics of the democrats "Great Society" boondoggle past.
Funny how democrats accuse the right of trying to take the country back in time all the while clinging to their 60s glory.

Face it dems, your conceited overreach and petty shenanigans have come back to bite you. Sit down and shut up and save what little dignity you may have left.
What world do you live in?
More unwanted babies are gonna equal more deadbeat dads and more out of wedlock kids

We've had DNA tests for a long time.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:38 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Imagine how its going to be with Roe V. Wade overturned. Republicans seem to forget this little nugget of information. You just multiplied the # of moochers to ridiculous levels that can't afford all these kids. Get ready for your tax dollars to go through the roof even more with more kiddy caretaking with multiples more having kids they can’t afford
Has this been a concern for you since January 2021 when Biden and the left turned our border into a bunch of loose spinning turnstiles? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:48 AM

1,213 posts, read 568,615 times
Maybe knowing they won’t easily have abortion as a safety net some people might be a little more careful when getting it on.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:09 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,961 times
Something tells me we will have a drastic increase of rape claims and multiple incest cases by the same person. These pro-choice nutjobs that have membership at these clinics will abuse the loopholes.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:14 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
The birthrate for minorities, or even lower class demographics, has always been higher than whites or middle/high class. Western developed countries all have low birthrates compared to developing ones.

Roe V Wade won’t change anything.

The notion that there’s going to be a a lot more “welfare kids” is another woke radical myth.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:19 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
It's been so cute lately watching the left pretend to just now discover there's a financial incentive structure to have kids out of wedlock after they spent the last 75 years building that incentive structure and dismantling the institutions that kept out-of-wedlock births at a minimum without the need for unfettered access to abortions.
Bingo. We have a winner folks. Game, set, and match.

The welfare argument holds no weight because the left supports welfare regardless of any abortion laws. They supported it pre Wade, during Wade, and now they will support it post Wade.

If the left focused more on fighting crime, they wouldn’t have to worry so much about trying to subsidize the children and livelihoods of all these criminals they enable.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:35 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
You can say "close her legs" all you want, there will be many more children born, and many more born below the poverty level, and red states will be paying for them. Or else neglecting them horribly, in which case, what happened to that sanctity of life thing?

Personally, I have never minded that my taxes partially went toward helping other people eat. I was relieved, honored and felt blessed to be on the paying side of things. But red-staters...well, this is going to be a bit of a surprise, and it will definitely mean higher taxes, especially since they can't beg for fed money.
See this is where you lose me - I'm a Dem who has always felt that we need to give those down on their luck a helping hand but I'm a Kennedy Democrat and feel people should use that help to better themselves. Get their lives back on track and in turn help out others. Too many just expect others to support them for life and wherein lies my problem with the Democrat party.

If people closed their legs or used contraception - we wouldn't have this problem. You don't think that people who indiscriminately mess around and get pregnant only to abort the baby carry any responsibility for their actions? You are part of the problem.

Old 06-28-2022, 03:38 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Terminally I'll people do have the right to die on their own terms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist...d%20Washington.
You dig your own grave with your foolishness and don't even realize it. Yes assisted suicide is legal in some states but not nationally just as abortion is now legal in some states but not nationally. Just as terminally ill people have to go to a state where assisted suicide is legal - those who want an abortion will have to go to those states that allow it.

Old 06-28-2022, 07:21 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardstarkey View Post
Maybe knowing they won’t easily have abortion as a safety net some people might be a little more careful when getting it on.
Because that worked in the past when abortion was illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies