Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 02:00 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Pro choice = pro abortion.

How do I know this?

I support BC, abstinence, motherhood and adoption. I have said HEY! Look at all the choices I support!! I'm PRO CHOICE!!!!

But apparently, I, by definition, can never be pro choice -- even though I support 4 different options -- because I do NOT support abortion. I've had many, many, many pro choicers tell so.

Abortion = death

Which makes pro choice a pro death view point.

Just own it already. Stop pretending.
Actually - prochoice is about biology. We know men have choice already for causing impregnation but women don't, even if sex is consensual or forced or if birth control is used. This assumes one knows how sex and conception occurs, basic biology, really. Women find out about the impregnation, later. Prochoice equals the field by giving them the opportunity for yes or no to the impregnation. As you're against abortion, you are not pro-choice (Your options are not biology based). Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:11 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,326,286 times
[quote=ncole1;63969687]A prohibition on the termination of a pregnancy from rape is effectively a case of a woman being forced to carry a baby to term and give birth against her will. This doesn't seem any more justified than forcing a person to donate a kidney, part of their liver, etc. even if it would save a life.

You don't get to commandeer someone else's body to be a life support machine for 9 months.[/QUOTI

It is not just women, Nicole, but very young girls, as well. We have all read about that 10 year old rape victim taken to another state to have an abortion at only 6 weeks. Besides her physical health having a baby that young. there is also the matter of her mental health not just after the trauma of the rape, but then being forced to have a rapist baby as a baby herself? A 10 year old old isn't INNOCENT? Friend told me she would have committed suicide if she was made to have that baby.

My 11 year old friend's mental state, who was raped and beaten, was severely affected for many, many years. What about that? She and I were going to Catholic school at the time. She was fortunate that this happened in a big city. Catholic Hospitals will refuse not only abortions, but contraception, including the Morning After Pill, as well. NO BIRTH CONTROL at all even after rape. The small town where I used to live only had a Catholic Hospital. Police would take rape victims out of town to a non-section hospital where the woman, or girl, would have a choice to prevent pregnancy.

So are PARENTS being "irresponsible" for not putting their young daughters, who are yet not WOMEN, on birth control once they get their periods "just in case"? Friend's Catholic parents did not want their daughter to have a rapist baby. BUT they could have been GRANDPARENTS!

Old 08-15-2022, 02:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
[quote=Jo48;63970814]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
A prohibition on the termination of a pregnancy from rape is effectively a case of a woman being forced to carry a baby to term and give birth against her will. This doesn't seem any more justified than forcing a person to donate a kidney, part of their liver, etc. even if it would save a life.

You don't get to commandeer someone else's body to be a life support machine for 9 months.[/QUOTI

It is not just women, Nicole, but very young girls, as well. We have all read about that 10 year old rape victim taken to another state to have an abortion at only 6 weeks. Besides her physical health having a baby that young. there is also the matter of her mental health not just after the trauma of the rape, but then being forced to have a rapist baby as a baby herself? A 10 year old old isn't INNOCENT? Friend told me she would have committed suicide if she was made to have that baby.

My 11 year old friend's mental state, who was raped and beaten, was severely affected for many, many years. What about that? She and I were going to Catholic school at the time. She was fortunate that this happened in a big city. Catholic Hospitals will refuse not only abortions, but contraception, including the Morning After Pill, as well. NO BIRTH CONTROL at all even after rape. The small town where I used to live only had a Catholic Hospital. Police would take rape victims out of town to a non-section hospital where the woman, or girl, would have a choice to prevent pregnancy.

So are PARENTS being "irresponsible" for not putting their young daughters, who are yet not WOMEN, on birth control once they get their periods "just in case"? Friend's Catholic parents did not want their daughter to have a rapist baby. BUT they could have been GRANDPARENTS!
Regarding the 10 year old who was raped:

Stunning that when her personal details were 'leaked' all that the pro abortion crowd cared about was about the abortion.

There was a backpedaling a few days later when they addressed, oh, right, she was raped.

But that wasn't important. All that mattered was the abortion.

Says volumes about the priorities of the pro abortion crowd. They were simply THRILLED to have an example of a case where a state law affected the ability to get an abortion Didn't care at all about the girl.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:41 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:

Stunning that when her personal details were 'leaked' all that the pro abortion crowd cared about was about the abortion.

There was a backpedaling a few days later when they addressed, oh, right, she was raped.

Says volumes about the priorities of the pro abortion crowd. They were simply THRILLED to have an example of a case where a state law affected the ability to get an abortion Didn't care at all about the girl.
Knowing that the child was receiving the medical attention she needed from caring physicians in both Ohio and Indiana, I was much more interested in seeing the monster who raped her arrested and thrown in jail for a long, long time. Now that it's come out that the perpetrator was the mother's boyfriend and that the mother defended him, I'd also like to see her lose custody forever. The horrors that child has suffered! My heart breaks for her.

Old 08-15-2022, 02:45 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,326,286 times
[quote=newtovenice;63970922]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

You think we weren't concerned about CATCHING and PROSECUTING her rapist? Her AGE didn't matter to you at all? You did not care about her at all. Only the unborn matter to you. I only hope you are not the father or mother of a young daughter. We had only daughters. I can tell you my husband would have been out the door with his GUN trying to find who raped his daughter. NO, he would not have wanted her to have that rapist baby, and neither did my friend's Dad.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:25 PM

[quote=Jo48;63971009]
Quote:

You think we weren't concerned about CATCHING and PROSECUTING her rapist? Her AGE didn't matter to you at all? You did not care about her at all. Only the unborn matter to you. I only hope you are not the father or mother of a young daughter. We had only daughters. I can tell you my husband would have been out the door with his GUN trying to find who raped his daughter. NO, he would not have wanted her to have that rapist baby, and neither did my friend's Dad.
The media didn't give a chit.

The headlines for about 4 days focused on getting her an abortion.

And then ... oh uh, um, right, um ... she was raped. Guess we should cover that, too??? Yeah, let's um, we should cover that.

Sick.

PP covered up rapes of minors. It was and continues to be a cesspool. Because once PP starts reporting, business will go down.

Again, SICK.

Eyes open.

Old 08-15-2022, 03:46 PM

2,047 posts, read 859,139 times
[quote=newtovenice;63970922]
Quote:

Every time there’s an issue it’s very polar like this both sides immediately go to the extreme and rarest of the rare cases to use as examples and try to make it look like it’s the main stream reason. The above case is tragic but it’s not the main stream reason why abortion is used. Abortion is used in America as a form of birth control. In about 95% of cases. I’m all for a woman’s choice if it’s done within the first three months. After three months you’re hosting a living human being. You can twist and spin it anyway you want but that’s what it is.

So what the states like California and a few others do? They do what liberals always do they want that “in your face“ politics and they start supporting abortions up to nine months. With some political leaders even advocating that you can kill the baby after it’s born alive. And my personal belief is this is when the Supreme Court decided to review the case and send it back to the states. They don’t want that kind of blood on their hands. If y’all had a kept it reasonable to at very worst case four months or under, we would not be Having this discussion. You guys do this with everything. You push it too far and in many cases too fast and you’re gonna get this kind of pushback. Every time

Old 08-15-2022, 04:18 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Did the baby suck the blood out of you. Because that's what parasites do --- they kill their host, then move onto another.
Quote:
Made me hemorrhage. That won't kill a person?
Anyway, I am pro choice for both abortion and vaccination. Isn't the latter considered anti-science? The unvaccinated will harm and kill others. I have heard some pro choice people say anti-vaxxers cannot say My Body My Choice. Oh yes we can.
I'm for educating folks, so as they understand just exactly the choice it is they are making. I hate it when people lie.

Quote:
Made me hemorrhage. That won't kill a person?
Still not the definition of a parasite.

Old 08-15-2022, 04:30 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Did the baby suck the blood out of you. Because that's what parasites do --- they kill their host, then move onto another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There are different forms of parasitism. The parasite does not always kill its host.
That may be true, but comparing a parasite to the unborn offspring of the homo sapiens is very unscientific.

The fetus is a parasite, abortion is like plucking out a hair: how much does Jerry Coyne really know about biology?

Quote:
The notion that the embryo/fetus is some sort of parasite was decisively refuted forty years ago in an article titled, Why the Embryo or Fetus is Not a Parasite by Dr. Thomas L. Johnson, Professor Emeritus of Biological Sciences, Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, Virginia. Professor Johnson has identified no less than eight significant differences between an embryo/fetus and a parasite.

1. a) A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species (a heterospecific relationship) and deriving its nourishment from the host…
b) A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species (Homo sapiens) living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species (Homo sapiens) and deriving its nourishment from the mother…

2. a) A parasite is an invading organism — coming to parasitize the host from an outside source.
b) A human embryo or fetus is formed from a fertilized egg — the egg coming from an inside source, being formed in the ovary of the mother…

3. a) A parasite is generally harmful to some degree to the host that is harboring the parasite.
b) A human embryo or fetus developing in the uterine cavity does not usually cause harm to the mother…

7. a) A parasite is generally detrimental to the reproductive capacity of the invaded host. The host may be weakened, diseased or killed by the parasite, thus reducing or eliminating the host’s capacity to reproduce.
b) A human embryo or fetus is absolutely essential to the reproductive capacity of the involved mother (and species). The mother is usually not weakened, diseased or killed by the presence of the embryo or fetus…

8. a) A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life (as long as it or the host survives).
b) A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.
All animals kill their young, but the human animal is the only one in the animal kingdom that will attempt to justify it, using some ridiculous means.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:12 PM

[quote=NCSweettea;63971351]
Quote:

Every time there’s an issue it’s very polar like this both sides immediately go to the extreme and rarest of the rare cases to use as examples and try to make it look like it’s the main stream reason. The above case is tragic but it’s not the main stream reason why abortion is used. Abortion is used in America as a form of birth control. In about 95% of cases. I’m all for a woman’s choice if it’s done within the first three months. After three months you’re hosting a living human being. You can twist and spin it anyway you want but that’s what it is.

So what the states like California and a few others do? They do what liberals always do they want that “in your face“ politics and they start supporting abortions up to nine months. With some political leaders even advocating that you can kill the baby after it’s born alive. And my personal belief is this is when the Supreme Court decided to review the case and send it back to the states. They don’t want that kind of blood on their hands. If y’all had a kept it reasonable to at very worst case four months or under, we would not be Having this discussion. You guys do this with everything. You push it too far and in many cases too fast and you’re gonna get this kind of pushback. Every time
The majority of Americans were OK with 12-15 weeks.

Had it remained there, there would be no real issue. Abortion as an issue had faded away .. and liberals decide they want to kill babies up until they take their first breath before the umbilical cord is cut.

And then get p-ssed off when there is pushback.

It;s a predictable pattern. Liberals push and conservatives push back. Then liberals say see how bad the conservatives are? Why are they pushing back? They are so mean!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies