Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 07:58 PM

1,929 posts, read 559,472 times

Advertisements

quote by kj1065;63970349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post

I have two previous unanswered questions I have asked of you. Of course you have no obligation to respond, but it may make your position more clear if you would. I will ask them once more.

"Choice in consensual sex.....no choice in forced sex. See no difference?

1. What other common areas about consensual sex and being raped do you think women should share?"

My perspective was from that of the fetus, not the woman, so the question does not apply. I have explained this repeatedly.

In most cases, the fetus loses. Your perspective from that of the fetus in an elective abortion (most) seems Woman's choice over fetus, while your perspective from that of the fetus of a rape (fewest) is Fetus choice over woman. That displays the same inconsistencies as your accusing me. It is exceptions that make the difference.

2. How many topics can you name that doesn't include exceptions?

I'm not trying to play dumb, but I honestly have no idea what this question has to do with my previous posts.

You seem to object to any exceptions to a ban on abortions as 'inconsistent'. I was just curious as to what other topics you can name that have no exceptions, or where you feel exceptions inappropriate, or inconsistent.

(Your)Answers in red.
(My) answers in blue.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:02 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
(Your)Answers in red.
(My) answers in blue.
We are talking past one another. Let's just move on.

Old 08-15-2022, 08:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Did the baby suck the blood out of you. Because that's what parasites do --- they kill their host, then move onto another.
A successful parasite does not kill its host. It needs the host to live.

Quote:
Usually, although parasites harm their hosts, it is in the parasite's best interest not to kill the host, because it relies on the host's body and body functions, such as digestion or blood circulation, to live.
https://necsi.edu/parasitic-relationships

Old 08-16-2022, 12:03 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Explain what the baby did that was wrong enough to sentence him/her to death via abortion.
This is a Christian belief, life beginning at conception. Christianity is imposing its beliefs on all women.

My body. My choice. My belief.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:01 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:

The media didn't give a chit.

The headlines for about 4 days focused on getting her an abortion.

And then ... oh uh, um, right, um ... she was raped. Guess we should cover that, too??? Yeah, let's um, we should cover that.

Sick.

PP covered up rapes of minors. It was and continues to be a cesspool. Because once PP starts reporting, business will go down.

Again, SICK.

Eyes open.
So, after the rapist was apprehended, wasn't your next heartfelt priority to force the 10-year-old raped girl to carry the pregnancy as far as possible to see if she could make it to the 7th month or hopefully even longer?

Old 08-16-2022, 01:34 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
This is a Christian belief, life beginning at conception. Christianity is imposing its beliefs on all women.

My body. My choice. My belief.
That's a scientific belief, not a Christian one.

You can do whatever the h-ll you want to yourself. Just don't go around killing other people because you feel like it.

Again, not a Christian belief.

Thanks for playing, though, it's always tedious to rock out the same tired idiotic argument to justify killing other people for convenience, isn't it.

Old 08-16-2022, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, after the rapist was apprehended, wasn't your next heartfelt priority to force the 10-year-old raped girl to carry the pregnancy as far as possible to see if she could make it to the 7th month or hopefully even longer?
It's disturbing to see how many get SO excited over abortion that they literally don't care when 10 year old girls are getting raped.

It's like they are looking for the next 10 year old girl who is raped so they can go YAY! More abortions!! Girl POWER!

Sick people, sick world. Sick priorities.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:06 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Quote:
Pro choice = pro abortion.

How do I know this?

I support BC, abstinence, motherhood and adoption. I have said HEY! Look at all the choices I support!! I'm PRO CHOICE!!!!

But apparently, I, by definition, can never be pro choice -- even though I support 4 different options -- because I do NOT support abortion. I've had many, many, many pro choicers tell so.

Abortion = death

Which makes pro choice a pro death view point.

Just own it already. Stop pretending.
Nah. I mean, you get the occasional person who claims to be "pro-abortion," most of them IMO just playing up an edgelord schtick for internet clout. But most people who support keeping abortion legal, or some degree of legal, think that abortion should be, in the ideal world, as the saying goes, "safe, legal and rare." Even those who don't see an embryo or fetus as a baby generally acknowledge that abortions can be physically and mentally taxing on the patient and thus it's better to avoid it.

For example, I myself support the right to legal abortion. I am pro-choice but I am not pro-abortion. I much prefer approaches like quality sex education, making birth control easily accessible, better protecting underage girls, providing better options for women in coercive or abusive relationships, poverty reduction methods, employment protections for those who are pregnant or have small children, affordable prenatal and birth healthcare, etc. However, I acknowledge that no matter what, there are going to be some unwanted pregnancies, and I don't consider it acceptable to force someone to carry a pregnancy.

It's also a question of harm reduction. Like, I am not in favor of alcoholism at all! I am anti-alcoholism. I'm actually pretty down on alcohol consumption in general. But I also don't think that selling or consuming alcohol should be illegal. I think boozehounds should be able to purchase safe alcohol freely. That doesn't make me pro-alcohol, it makes me pragmatic.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Nah. I mean, you get the occasional person who claims to be "pro-abortion," most of them IMO just playing up an edgelord schtick for internet clout. But most people who support keeping abortion legal, or some degree of legal, think that abortion should be, in the ideal world, as the saying goes, "safe, legal and rare." Even those who don't see an embryo or fetus as a baby generally acknowledge that abortions can be physically and mentally taxing on the patient and thus it's better to avoid it.

For example, I myself support the right to legal abortion. I am pro-choice but I am not pro-abortion. I much prefer approaches like quality sex education, making birth control easily accessible, better protecting underage girls, providing better options for women in coercive or abusive relationships, poverty reduction methods, employment protections for those who are pregnant or have small children, affordable prenatal and birth healthcare, etc. However, I acknowledge that no matter what, there are going to be some unwanted pregnancies, and I don't consider it acceptable to force someone to carry a pregnancy.

It's also a question of harm reduction. Like, I am not in favor of alcoholism at all! I am anti-alcoholism. I'm actually pretty down on alcohol consumption in general. But I also don't think that selling or consuming alcohol should be illegal. I think boozehounds should be able to purchase safe alcohol freely. That doesn't make me pro-alcohol, it makes me pragmatic.
That's what I am. Pro choice but NOT pro abortion.

Abstinence
Motherhood
BC
Adoption
Pro life but NOT pro abortion

I'm pro choice right? Would fit right in with all the protesters at pro choice rallies, waving my pro life sign? Nah. Why? Because I am NOT pro abortion.

Pro choice = pro abortion.

Old 08-16-2022, 02:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
It's disturbing to see how many get SO excited over abortion that they literally don't care when 10 year old girls are getting raped.

It's like they are looking for the next 10 year old girl who is raped so they can go YAY! More abortions!! Girl POWER!

Sick people, sick world. Sick priorities.
Thanks for not answering my question to you which was:

"So, after the rapist was apprehended, wasn't your next heartfelt priority to force the 10-year-old raped girl to carry the pregnancy as far as possible to see if she could make it to the 7th month or hopefully even longer?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies