Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do women need to take more responsiblity for their sexual health?
Yes 192 75.29%
No 59 23.14%
Not Sure 4 1.57%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 08:38 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I know the difference. I’ve had a miscarriage. You?
Your point?

Old 08-17-2022, 11:40 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Your point?
I was quite clear.

I know the difference between a miscarriage and an abortion.

No need to point it out.

Would you like to address the idea in my post, which is that while people decry the loss of a an aborted foetus by choice, the loss of a spontaneously aborted foetus prompts hardly a mention.

I mean, when I had a miscarriage, there wasn't even a time of death called. No funeral, no death certificate, in fact the nurse had me go to the bathroom to get it out. Didn't really seem phased by the whole thing.

So while some can say foetus = baby, if it had been a born baby that I'd lost, it would have been treated entirely differently than the loss of a foetus, however that loss of pregnancy might come about.

That foetus might have been a life, but no one but me and my husband gave a crap.

And quite rightly so. Foetuses are not babies, imho, until they're viable. And no one treats them like such except happily expectant families and pro lifers.

Old 08-18-2022, 01:57 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,860,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Every human is developing every second of their life from CONCEPTION. An adolescent human develops into an adult human. A middle age human develops into an elderly human.

Abortions kill humans.

When someone dies, there is one less human in the world.

Likewise--

Every time there is an abortion, there is one less human in the world.

Because abortions kill humans.
Abortions kill humans in about the same sense that disconnecting brain-dead patients from life support kills humans, at least during the earlier months of the pregnancy. In that state there's neither awareness nor a self-sustaining condition. Of course, the difference is that the embryo or fetus may eventually achieve awareness and independence, but by that standard it's also wrong to use birth control that prevents implantation, to produce fertilized eggs for IVF and not use them, arguably even to allow a egg to pass without giving it a chance at development.

I'm actually not sure whether embryos and/or fetuses, especially in the early months of pregnancy, actually fully meet the scientific criteria for life.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:04 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,522,191 times
For those claiming " well BC fails"...there is nothing preventing you from using 2 or even 3 methods...
Ie, pill plus foam and condom. Or pill plus foam and Timing when not fertile. Or ius, condom and foam.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:07 AM

24,621 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
For those claiming " well BC fails"...there is nothing preventing you from using 2 or even 3 methods...
Ie, pill plus foam and condom. Or pill plus foam and Timing when not fertile. Or ius, condom and foam.
They'll just claims 2-3 methods can fail at the same time.

For the woke, abortion is considered birth control. Despite the fact it's more expensive and traumatic than real birth control.

Old 08-18-2022, 02:08 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Abortion kills humans. No legal argument there. Just facts.
Then isn't it a matter of fact you want women convicted of abortion to be put to death, or just life in prison?

Old 08-18-2022, 05:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then isn't it a matter of fact you want women convicted of abortion to be put to death, or just life in prison?
Quote me where I have ever posted anything remotely like that. Because what you posted is a blatant LIE about my posts. Absolute lie. Why are you lying?

The questions asked in your posts are idiotic, which is why you rarely get responses.

They pose a scenario that YOU WANT -- generally about how YOU WANT all women to be punished and all killed -- and then YOU BEG posters to agree with you since it's a leading question.

They do absolutely nothing to further any discussion.

Stop LYING about what you claim are MY positions. Thanks.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:58 AM

89,003 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Human what?
Human life.

Old 08-18-2022, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So does miscarriages. Lots and lots of those, but not much handwringing over those dead humans by the crowd. Where are the rallies and outrage about how tragic that is, all those dead in the first trimester? They don’t even end up in a box, or cremated, with some form of ceremony, just usually end up in the toilet.

It’s hard on the prospective parents, for sure. But society couldn’t give a crap. I mean, what are we doing about that? Between 10 to 20% of all pregnancies in the US end in spontaneous abortion.

If we’re going to treat 6 week foetuses like babies, then let’s go the whole hog.

Let’s afford them all funerals and give parents grief leave. Let’s all send cards on the anniversary of that baby’s demise. Let’s do investigations into every miscarriage like we would if it was a live breathing baby.

Make sure Mom didn’t do anything to cause it, right? I mean if foetuses equal born breathing babies, then we’ve been going about this all wrong.
Miscarriages are organic. Convenience abortion (98.3% of all abortions) is intentional killing just for the sake of one's own convenience.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
The egg I ate was a chicken.
Highly doubtful. The eggs sold for consumption in grocery stores, farmers' markets, etc. aren't fertilized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies