Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 01:55 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You guys don’t care about the constitution only as it applies to the second amendment. The rest of it you could burn like trash for all you care.
how wrong you are...as a constitutionalist, I respect the entire constitution.. its the liberals that are constantly trashing, and talking crap about the constitution

the constitution is a great document, actually the document was made to fit all ages/generations/centuries...and made to be adjusted through amendments

one of the problems is the fascist liberals do not know how to actually read...and understand what is actually written, like, the power is at the state level for those things not specifically mentioned in the US Constitution

one of the things the liberals constantly fail to mention is that some of the things actually mentioned in the constitution ONLY affect the federal government

for example:

please note a difference between the 1st amendment and the 2nd amendment

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

notice the 1st amendment clearly states that Congress (federal level) shall make no law (but states CAN)....where as the 2nd amendment simply says that this right shall not be infringed...meaning at any level

and liberals cant even figure out what the 2nd amendment means.. or how abolishing it would also abolish the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendments too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 02:06 PM

10,768 posts, read 5,683,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I don't think there is any intent on ensnaring people in a web of culpability. It's that the father who knew his son was 'not right in the head' facilitated the boys getting the gun. Who in their right mind would encourage and assist their own child in acquiring a gun after that child had attempted suicide and had knives removed from him by the police? That's why the father is being implicated and I feel the same way.
YouTube is full of videos of cops desperately trying to manufacture a crime in order to charge someone that is completely innocent. It's a very common occurrence. Is it not possible that that could be happening with the Father?

I don't know if that is illegal under Illinois law. If it is, then the Father broke the law. If it isn't, then there doesn't seem to be anything to charge him with, and desperately trying to manufacture a non-existent fact scenario (not saying you're doing this) or expanding an existing law way beyond its plain language meaning in an attempt to ensnare him is wrong.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:54 PM

11,502 posts, read 6,021,967 times
July 4 parade shooting suspect slipped past Illinois "red flag" safeguards

The man charged with killing seven people at a Chicago-area July Fourth parade slipped past the safeguards of an Illinois "red flag" law

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/jul...ds-2022-07-06/

Old 07-06-2022, 02:55 PM

11,502 posts, read 6,021,967 times
So all the people calling for red flag laws to disarm this guy. Illinois has them. Still failed.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:56 PM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
YouTube is full of videos of cops desperately trying to manufacture a crime in order to charge someone that is completely innocent. It's a very common occurrence. Is it not possible that that could be happening with the Father?

I don't know if that is illegal under Illinois law. If it is, then the Father broke the law. If it isn't, then there doesn't seem to be anything to charge him with, and desperately trying to manufacture a non-existent fact scenario (not saying you're doing this) or expanding an existing law way beyond its plain language meaning in an attempt to ensnare him is wrong.
I would say the father has broken no law as such and you are right, that claim could be manufactured.

So yes, it is possible that could be happening with the Father.

There is another press statement that doesn't make sense, that being that the police said "that the shooter used a high power rifle". That doesn't make sense because what high power rifle is there that can fore so many rounds in a short time? Then I hear that the shooter used an AR15. Just an example of contradictory statements caused by inaccurate speech possibly. Or do the cops not know what a high power rifle is?

The point being that we should never assume that what we hear is accurate!

Old 07-06-2022, 03:01 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
If a drunk driver kills someone, is the co-signor of the car loan somehow responsible?

I don't understand this desire to snare as many people as possible in a pseudo-web of culpability instead of holding the perpetrator responsible for his or her actions.

I know of no law being broken by the Father, but I'm sure that could change as more information comes out. But if he didn't break the law, trying to find him somehow responsible, and criminally charge him, is a big problem.
The father sure sounds like he was covering for his son when the police visited his home and took the 14 knives and swords in his sons room The father claimed they were his and he was just storing them in his sons room. That's a great place to store them considering his son had threatened suicide and threatened violence.

Looking at the form he signed for his son to get the license it appears he didn't lie but he sure was aware that he had mental issues. The father was responsible for any misuse of that gun and his son's history is now out in the open.

Illinois FOID application (link works eventually just keep trying)

https://illiis-foid-card-application...6d1cea2f4ca48f

Old 07-06-2022, 03:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
San Francisco Bay Area media circus hasn't mentioned a peep about this shooting/shooter starting around 24 - 48 hours after it happened. Curiosity begs the question "why?".

Old 07-06-2022, 03:06 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Right. The law that the people of Illinois enacted, to keep guns out of the hands of nutcases like this, failed due to either laziness or ignorance on the part of the reporting agencies.

Seems very likely those agencies will be sued, for failing to act and keep this man from legally purchasing FIVE weapons, and then slaughtering paradegoers.
Correction: the taxpayers will be sued

Old 07-06-2022, 03:11 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,989,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Correction: the taxpayers will be sued
Well, somebody needs a teeth rattling.

The application for ownership of a firearm is exceptionally week. NEVER does it say have law enforcement been called to your home for felony behavior, or a suicide or other harmful or aggressive behaviors in the past 5 years? Please describe in the attached form.

It's not that hard to figure out if someone is about to blow away the public. Just ask those who know the applicant.

Old 07-06-2022, 03:33 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
The father signed this affidavit claiming his son was not mentally defective in order to get the FOID card. I think the father has at least civil case against him if not criminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies