Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2022, 11:24 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Keep alienating the people who support abortion rights but who are increasingly repulsed by the extremism of the modern day movement.
This is a free country for some, at least our first amendment to voice an opinion is still free. You can think and say what you want. In the end the coding given for insurance companies or how they record any medical procedure is the only thing that counts.
No sense to go round n round to folks who don’t adhere to the CDC - a Gov agency, yet want to stick like glue to another who fits their agenda. Even in England they want to stop anything that looks like what just happened with The scotus reversal.
End game - the crazy right will not succeed in turning back the clock to the 50’s. The majority is against it.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This is a free country for some, at least our first amendment to voice an opinion is still free. You can think and say what you want. In the end the coding given for insurance companies or how they record any medical procedure is the only thing that counts.
No sense to go round n round to folks who don’t adhere to the CDC - a Gov agency, yet want to stick like glue to another who fits their agenda. Even in England they want to stop anything that looks like what just happened with The scotus reversal.
End game - the crazy right will not succeed in turning back the clock to the 50’s. The majority is against it.
Yes, it is a free country in terms of speech. You are free to say things and I am free to disagree. You are free to alienate people who would have otherwise been allies.

Health insurance does not typically cover elective abortion. I’m not sure what medical codes you are referring to in terms of abortion.

Europe allows elective abortion in most countries up to 12 weeks. They don’t have extreme laws like my state which allows it up to birth. Most European countries have stricter laws than Florida or Virginia which allows it up to 15 weeks on demand

I agree with 12 weeks. Most people who support abortion rights do.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:43 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Keep alienating the people who support abortion rights but who are increasingly repulsed by the extremism of the modern day movement.
The squeaky wheel. Who cares? Loud obnoxious people have been elected President. If one is an adamant supporter of a right, or any other deeply held belief, you shouldn’t be swayed by public theater.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:46 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Yes, it is a free country in terms of speech. You are free to say things and I am free to disagree. You are free to alienate people who would have otherwise been allies.

Health insurance does not typically cover elective abortion. I’m not sure what medical codes you are referring to in terms of abortion.

Europe allows elective abortion in most countries up to 12 weeks. They don’t have extreme laws like my state which allows it up to birth. Most European countries have stricter laws than Florida or Virginia which allows it up to 15 weeks on demand

I agree with 12 weeks. Most people who support abortion rights do.

1- This legal definition may determine which CPT codes are selected: abortion (59812-59857) or delivery (59400-59515).
Medical Abortion.

2- Several states have restricted abortion coverage in other private health insurance plans, especially following passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, which provided for the establishment of state-level health insurance exchanges. While these coverage restrictions on private health plans are in place in half of the states, other states have taken steps to protect abortion access and affordability by requiring insurance plans to cover abortion. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...rage-abortion#

To reply on codes and insurance.
Insurance covers in some states , not all.

I am not trying to alienate anyone. I’m fighting for the freedoms I fought to get as a woman over 50 years ago to make sure my 5 granddaughters have the same privilege to their freedoms in the future. A right to choose what’s best for them.
It’s a fact that most who are anti abortion are old white men. They can kiss my grits.

The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is men over the age of 50, according to an analysis of data provided to Insider from Gallup's annual survey on abortion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/abor...n-women-2022-7

Old 07-10-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
The squeaky wheel. Who cares? Loud obnoxious people have been elected President. If one is an adamant supporter of a right, or any other deeply held belief, you shouldn’t be swayed by public theater.
They may however prioritize other issues that are more important to them, especially when they feel disgusted by the loudest voices of the movement.

I support the right to choose abortion up to 12 weeks on demand and beyond that for medical issues and maybe even rape or incest for minors but overall am more pro bodily autonomy and this abortion rights movement doesn’t align. The hypocrisy is disappointing and when they can’t even be honest about what an abortion is, it disgusts me.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:01 PM

Quote:
They may however prioritize other issues that are more important to them, especially when they feel disgusted by the loudest voices of the movement.

I support the right to choose abortion up to 12 weeks on demand and beyond that for medical issues and maybe even rape or incest for minors but overall am more pro bodily autonomy and this abortion rights movement doesn’t align. The hypocrisy is disappointing and when they can’t even be honest about what an abortion is, it disgusts me.
Only maybe for rape and incest victims? I can’t understand not being pro choice for these victims. I just finished reading in the Current Events folder/ Hucklebe supports abortions, last page from Ruth describing what happens to a child’s body when the give birth at such early ages. The hypocrisy you see is just another point of view. Why should it matter if someone doesn’t use the same words you do to describe what abortion is?

Old 07-10-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Only maybe for rape and incest victims? I can’t understand not being pro choice for these victims. I just finished reading in the Current Events folder/ Hucklebe supports abortions, last page from Ruth describing what happens to a child’s body when the give birth at such early ages. The hypocrisy you see is just another point of view. Why should it matter if someone doesn’t use the same words you do to describe what abortion is?

No.

Elective abortion on demand for anyone up to 12 weeks. Past 12 weeks for underage rape and incest victims and those with serious medical issues.

If you’re not pro bodily autonomy and pro choice for other issues such as vaccines, do not use those labels.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:16 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
1- This legal definition may determine which CPT codes are selected: abortion (59812-59857) or delivery (59400-59515).
Medical Abortion.

2- Several states have restricted abortion coverage in other private health insurance plans, especially following passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010, which provided for the establishment of state-level health insurance exchanges. While these coverage restrictions on private health plans are in place in half of the states, other states have taken steps to protect abortion access and affordability by requiring insurance plans to cover abortion. https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...rage-abortion#

To reply on codes and insurance.
Insurance covers in some states , not all.

I am not trying to alienate anyone. I’m fighting for the freedoms I fought to get as a woman over 50 years ago to make sure my 5 granddaughters have the same privilege to their freedoms in the future. A right to choose what’s best for them.
It’s a fact that most who are anti abortion are old white men. They can kiss my grits.

The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is men over the age of 50, according to an analysis of data provided to Insider from Gallup's annual survey on abortion.
https://www.businessinsider.com/abor...n-women-2022-7
The majority of health insurance plans have NEVER covered elective abortion. I have no idea why you're making this part of the debate.

Health insurance plans rarely cover elective ANYTHING.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:17 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
No.

Elective abortion on demand for anyone up to 12 weeks. Past 12 weeks for underage rape and incest victims and those with serious medical issues.

If you’re not pro bodily autonomy and pro choice for other issues such as vaccines, do not use those labels.

100% agreed.

Old 07-10-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
No.

Not sure you’ll ever get people to stop using words/labels. Some call women who abort baby killers. The label pro choice has been embraced and used now to include vaccines, illegal drugs. The words body autonomy and pro choice now mean different things to different people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies