Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2022, 06:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The same medical and scientific communities that change definitions to suit a particular political ideology?

Abortion is not reproductive health - except in the case of ectopic pregnancies or non viable pregnancies or in the exceedingly rare case that pregnancy threatens a woman’s life.

A baby is not a disease that needs to be cured.

At least let’s call a spade a spade - elective abortion has nothing to do with reproductive health.
Exactly.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:12 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,010,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Did, dumped that liar. Thanks for the education. I was 17 at the time. Could have used that bit of wisdom back then. Didn't think girls would lie about being on BC.
We should be educating teen boys to use bc more than we do now. Using bc should be as important to a young man as it is to the woman. To rely on no one other than themselves. Unfortunately we don’t stress the importance of men using. I wish it was common place for young sexually active men and women.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:32 PM

35,682 posts, read 21,035,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Again, every pregnancy is a risk to a woman's health and life. Every. Pregnancy. Even pregnancies that start healthy.
Never will understand they are men - you could turn blue n they will and cannot comprehend.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Never will understand they are men - you could turn blue n they will and cannot comprehend.
Her comment was in response to me, a woman and a mother.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:37 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
This thread is pointless and highlights how uneducated and triggered some are.

The NIH defines reproductive health:

"Reproductive health refers to the condition of male and female reproductive systems during all life stages. These systems are made of organs and hormone-producing glands, and include the pituitary gland in the brain, ovaries in females and testicles in males."

Anything that affects, impacts, or involves any of these systems in the human body is covered under that term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's not me you're disagreeing with here. That term has a meaning that is defined, not by individuals on C-D, but by the medical and science organizations.
The NIH can have their broad definition of reproductive health, but that's not how the media or anyone I know is using the phrase. Every single day I read news stories and see television news clips talking about reproductive health rights being banned. Do you think this means men need to worry that testicular cancer treatment will be banned? Pituitary gland problems cannot be treated? Of course not.

Every. Single. Time. that I hear anything about reproductive health on the news, it is referring to abortion only. Nothing else.

If a bulemic wanted someone to help her more effectively purge after eating, would we call such treatment "digestive health?" Purging means causing the stomach to empty its contents, so if it involves the stomach, it has to be a form of "digestive health," right??Just like causing the uterus to empty its contents must be considered "reproductive health?" Nooooo.

Prochoice here, but I'll never call abortion "reproductive health." Maybe "anti-reproduction treatment."

Old 07-09-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Her comment was in response to me, a woman and a mother.
Ok - and you are saying abortion or pregnancy has nothing to do with reproductive health ????

Old 07-09-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Ok - and you are saying abortion or pregnancy has nothing to do with reproductive health ????
Pregnancy does.

Old 07-09-2022, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Pregnancy does.
The CDC address it as such. So I will go with the wording the Gov uses.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

Old 07-09-2022, 06:55 PM

Quote:
The CDC address it as such. So I will go with the wording the Gov uses.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm
The CDC has lost credibility with a lot of people over the last few years. Feel free to defer to them. I am free to disagree with you and them that abortion is reproductive healthcare.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
The CDC has lost credibility with a lot of people over the last few years. Feel free to defer to them. I am free to disagree with you and them that abortion is reproductive healthcare.
Ohhh I see. So because some don’t agree with their actions, etc. They want to create their own jargon to fit their agenda and not use the governments. A Little anarchy there.
Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies