Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2022, 08:11 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
We should be educating teen boys to use bc more than we do now. Using bc should be as important to a young man as it is to the woman. To rely on no one other than themselves. Unfortunately we don’t stress the importance of men using. I wish it was common place for young sexually active men and women.
In my case it was until she said trust me, we don't need a condom. But I agree, the trust factor out the window.

Old 07-09-2022, 08:24 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The CDC has lost whatever credibility it had over the last two years.

And again, a baby is not a disease that requires a cure in the form of "reproductive health care".

And abortion is not health care. An abortion is an abortion.

Quit trying to make it sound more palatable.
Your not liking it doesn't change the truth.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:18 PM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Your not liking it doesn't change the truth.
You calling an abortion reproductive health care, doesn’t make it reproductive health care.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:33 PM

15,442 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That argument went out the window when the left supported vaccine and mask mandates. “My body my choice” apparently doesn't exist for COVID.

The left gave the government an inch, and the government took a foot. And now they are shocked.

It’s too late now, Dr Fauci and the Clarence Thomas know what’s best for everyone’s body thanks to the left.
You did not have to get vaccinated. You could stay home and not go out to potentially infect others.

Abortion and vaccinations are not the same issue. Not even close.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:15 PM

1,231 posts, read 449,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
The NIH can have their broad definition of reproductive health, but that's not how the media or anyone I know is using the phrase. Every single day I read news stories and see television news clips talking about reproductive health rights being banned. Do you think this means men need to worry that testicular cancer treatment will be banned? Pituitary gland problems cannot be treated? Of course not.

Every. Single. Time. that I hear anything about reproductive health on the news, it is referring to abortion only. Nothing else.

If a bulemic wanted someone to help her more effectively purge after eating, would we call such treatment "digestive health?" Purging means causing the stomach to empty its contents, so if it involves the stomach, it has to be a form of "digestive health," right??Just like causing the uterus to empty its contents must be considered "reproductive health?" Nooooo.

Prochoice here, but I'll never call abortion "reproductive health." Maybe "anti-reproduction treatment."
Bulimia is a mental health disorder not a digestive health condition. We can classify it as mental health because it affects your mental health. Abortion and the decision to have one or not very much affects your reproductive health and is very much a reproductive health issue.

Old 07-10-2022, 01:30 AM

7,268 posts, read 5,147,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Only 1% of pregnancies end up with possible life threatening health conditions. 1%. The argument that abortion has anything to do with women’s reproductive health is a fallacy. Besides, if a woman wants to terminate her pregnancy she has options even in most of the most conservative states. It’s not even worth talking about. The OP is correct.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/22/57229...growing-in-u-s
That's physical health problems. What about the psychiatric & sociologic pathology of bearing an unwanted child?...Plenty of research papers to show that bearing an unwanted child has deep psych complications for both mother & child, while the psych problems after an abortion are negligible--contrary to the fantasies & propaganda of the Anti-choice advocates.

Old 07-10-2022, 05:44 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
That's physical health problems. What about the psychiatric & sociologic pathology of bearing an unwanted child?...Plenty of research papers to show that bearing an unwanted child has deep psych complications for both mother & child, while the psych problems after an abortion are negligible--contrary to the fantasies & propaganda of the Anti-choice advocates.
Anti-choice? Um no, pro-life.

Old 07-10-2022, 06:06 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This pretty much describes me.

They lost me when they started bragging about having abortions and showing up to protests with huge pregnant bellies with things like “not a human” written on them.
Did you actually see that? Where? Was it more than one person?

Old 07-10-2022, 06:18 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You call it monstrous behavior, yet every state in this country has allowed it in some form since the 1970s. Now all of a sudden it's monstrous behavior?
Since when has killing another human on demand just for the sake of convenience not been monstrous behavior?

Old 07-10-2022, 06:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Yes it does- it’s a part of it. Check out the CDC it’s explained in layman’s terms.
The CDC categorized abortion under the heading of reproductive health but did not define it as reproductive health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies