Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 11:42 AM

6,976 posts, read 2,701,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What a hypocrite. I feel bad for his son with such a two faced father.

GOP lawmaker opposed same-sex marriage, then went to gay son’s wedding

Rep. Glenn Thompson (R-Pa.) last week voted against federal legislation that would require states to recognize same-sex marriages. Three days later, the congressman attended his son’s same-sex wedding.

“Congressman and Mrs. Thompson were thrilled to attend and celebrate their son’s marriage on Friday night as he began this new chapter in his life. The Thompsons are very happy to welcome their new son-in-law into their family,” Thompson’s press secretary, Maddison Stone, told The Washington Post late Monday in an email.
His personal opinion should not be conflated with the opinion his district wants represented.

Old 07-26-2022, 11:58 AM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Because there has been chatter that the SCOTUS will overturn that law using the same states rights argument.............
What law?
There is no US law prohibiting or protecting gay marriage. Roe vs Wade being vacated insures there never will be.

Old 07-26-2022, 11:58 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
https://curbelolaw.com/can-an-undocu...ed-in-the-u-s/

this is one law firm's take on it. I don't see anywhere that 2 illegals can get married.

An illegal can marry a citizen or even a lawful permanent resident (green card holder) after they jump through a bunch of hoops, and assuming they've been here 6 months they have to leave the country anyway for 3+ years.

Every state I've looked up requires some form of valid ID. And not every state will issue a valid ID to illegal immigrants
Most illegals have at the very least ID from where they came from. Most are visa overstays not people swimming across the rio grande with the shirts on their backs.

I have been married twice to legal immigrants from Latin America. I am kind of like Trump with the immigrant wives. They both knew lots of people here illegally. Most had some form of ID. Could be a passport from their home country, etc. Or a drivers license from that country. I dated a woman for 5 years that had homes in Mexico and Arizona and used her Mexican drivers license when in Arizona. Which was legal to be on the road here with. And with her US Visa used it here.

And like I said you come here to get married from another country you don't need US ID. But of both are illegal getting married and being on the radar is probably not something that many will do.

And it says here:

https://immigrationlawnv.com/blog/ca...t-get-married/

If you are a citizen of the United States, nothing in the law stops you from marrying an undocumented immigrant.

Old 07-26-2022, 12:12 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What law?
There is no US law prohibiting or protecting gay marriage. Roe vs Wade being vacated insures there never will be.
Decision I meant. Obergefell v. Hodges

Old 07-26-2022, 01:04 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
In other news the anti gun Joe Biden talks about banning them and meanwhile his son is lying on Federal Forms, being careless and losing his gun?

Oh well, what is new? Politicians on both sides of the aisle are hypocrites. They will pound the table to promote green energy but when it comes to setting up a wind farm or a solar array to save the planet but not in their backyard or the backyards of their wealthy donors... The same goes for Illegal Immigration. They are all for "helping those poor asylum seeking migrants" BUT don't dare go to their neighborhood unless it is to cut their grass...

Would it come as a shock if the most ardent Anti Abortion politician was caught taking his intern to a clinic? That baby could sink his poll numbers as well as his career.

Politicians are great at telling us what to do but their rules do not apply to them and that goes for both sides.
Defer much? Stick to the topic, man. We

Old 07-26-2022, 06:05 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Most illegals have at the very least ID from where they came from. Most are visa overstays not people swimming across the rio grande with the shirts on their backs.

I have been married twice to legal immigrants from Latin America. I am kind of like Trump with the immigrant wives. They both knew lots of people here illegally. Most had some form of ID. Could be a passport from their home country, etc. Or a drivers license from that country. I dated a woman for 5 years that had homes in Mexico and Arizona and used her Mexican drivers license when in Arizona. Which was legal to be on the road here with. And with her US Visa used it here.

And like I said you come here to get married from another country you don't need US ID. But of both are illegal getting married and being on the radar is probably not something that many will do.

And it says here:

If you are a citizen of the United States, nothing in the law stops you from marrying an undocumented immigrant.
I haven't questioned the ability of a US Citizen to marry an illegal alien. However, it's not a straight one-day process. The first thing, before they actually get married, is the illegal has to leave pending a hearing that could be 3 years, could be 10 ... unless they get a waiver. I for one certainly wouldn't want the current Admin to start handing out waivers for this the way they have for "parole" at the border, processed along almost every asylum claim, etc etc etc.

It is completely debatable whether there are more border jumpers of visa overstays among the total # of illegals. One thing would be clear if we're to believe that visa overstays now make up more ... the total # of illegals would be expanding well beyond the 11 million claimed.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:57 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If I was his son I would have banned him from the wedding and told him why to his face.

He may be biologically responsible, but he's no father.
So unless a father agrees with everything that his son believes, that man is no longer worthy of being called father? By that standard, pretty much no one would ever be called father by anyone over the age of 12.

Old 07-26-2022, 11:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Pretty much this. The more people realize this, the less we will be divided.
Exactly
Both sides are a disgrace people need to wake up

Old 07-27-2022, 03:51 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:

And it says here:

I believe if a US citizen marries someone who is undocumented, a waiver can be obtained to put that spouse on a path to a green-card, only if that person entered the country on a Visa. If they are one who jumped the border, they still could be deported even after being married.

I have a very good friend who is a Lesbian that married a girl from Ireland, that had over-stayed her Visa. That was before the "Defense of Marriage Act" was over-turned and she could not obtain a waiver. Two days after the DMA was struck down their petition for the waiver was filed and eventually granted.

Old 07-27-2022, 04:35 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Dems religion is hypocrisy.

Dems hate it when others practice hypocrisy, and if there is no hypocrisy by their political opponent, they make up a backstory so it seems their opponent is practicing hypocrisy. This then sustains the Dems main course of fear and hate, a feast upon which they feed.

Dems use legislative titles and names for legislation and slam opponents for rejecting the emotional titled bill.

Dems will never ever, argue or discuss content, they stick to emotion generated by titles and headlines.

In this case we see dems using gay marriage as a bludgeon in political warfare. Dems, again, use this demographic, they pretend to protect, as a disposable weapon. much like the Iranians and Hamas use the Palestinians.

Senator Yee form CA, anti-gun activist, sold weapons of war to anyone with cash.

Dem economic advisors brought to fruition, under Biden, every disaster they erroneously predicted would happen under Trump.

sure hypocrisy on both sides, clearly the best performances are on the left.

Hypocrisy, these days, is almost as effective as calling someone racist. the sting is gone, we have been desensitized.

Just know, the left is addicted to hypocrisy, which actually is a cover for their crimes they commit or attempt to commit or project onto the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.