Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 07:53 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
You can put any twist on it you like, but deep down I find it hard to believe that you don't think Trump may be in trouble here. Even his defense right now is all about delaying and that is it. That was the reason for the SM request. Now the DOJ probably won't appeal because the appeal process would take longer than the SM going through the docs. The next thing Trump's defense team will start doing is appealing individual documents once the SM has finished. That will just drag this on longer and longer and hold up the investigation. If it comes to that will you then see the light and say that maybe, just maybe he did do something illegal and that is why they are doing everything they can to hold up the investigation? I mean if he did nothing wrong I would think that once the SM is done Trump would tell the DOJ to move this thing along so he can be done with it.
Oh, I think he's in trouble all right.

What I'm not sure about if it's for legitimate or political reasons. I don't trust this DOJ.

But obviously he's in trouble. There was a raid. The DOJ has been throwing around claims of obstruction in court filings. All of this is very hard to walk back from. And if the DOJ ends this with "ah, we found nothing but we still raided your home and took docs" then it will blowback on them hard. They will either go through with this prosecution because it was their intention all along or to save face.

I just don't buy Trump did anything wrong, yet.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:02 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Delaying is important here because when Republicans win back the house they can perhaps push through an impeachment of Garland / do hearings on this sham investigation.

It’s also helping Trump politically and will help Republicans come midterms. Republicans are energized, independents are repulsed.

Down with the Democratic fascist machine!
Your support of the thief is noted.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
after the proven FISA abuse in previous investigations, and the redacted piece oif crap we got, reasonable people will find all of this nonsense fake news, too.
Every case is different. How many years are you going to hold current DOJ staff responsible for something their predecessors did? Didn't Trump drain the swamp? There's been at least 3 complete turnovers in personnel since then.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I saw a picture of one of the top secret folders and a situation room leaflet in a glass case on display in NY.
That guy is such a stone cold jackass.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
I realize you are a trump hater and would love to see him hung in time square.

BUT, do you really believe the government JUST discovered this highly classified nuclear information only a handful of people in the country has access too wasn’t missing 18 months ago, and wouldn’t aggressively pursue its return, and not with nice letters asking from NARA. OR, is the more logical option, this is another sham storyline around election time, to legally influence an election
Did you already forget that Trump WAS asked nicely to return documents, then by subpoena, and lastly by search warrant? You think a search warrant should have been the first method used to get the documents back?

Old 09-08-2022, 08:12 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Process crimes are used to often prosecute people when they themselves committed no crimes...

Read that sentence out loud to yourself and then get back to us all.

Old 09-08-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
...I'm only ok with process crimes if they're add-ons. Aka, someone actually did commit a crime for which they're being charged for, and the process crime is the cherry on the cake, not the entire cake.
Can you cite the three federal statutes listed on the search warrant for us?

Moving on....

Old 09-08-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
...I don't trust this DOJ...
How about trust in Trump's DOJ? You have heard the things Barr is saying, right?

Old 09-08-2022, 08:18 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
And then one can read the court filings (warrant, affidavit, inventory lists) and make up one's own mind.
Enjoyed that…thanks

Old 09-08-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Process crimes are used to often prosecute people when they themselves committed no crimes. If you investigate a person long enough, they will commit a process crime. Look up perjury trap.

You're blinded by hate, so you're ok with a sham DOJ prosecution.

I'm only ok with process crimes if they're add-ons. Aka, someone actually did commit a crime for which they're being charged for, and the process crime is the cherry on the cake, not the entire cake.
The presidential and classified documents WERE FOUND at MarALago. They did not belong there. There were laws broken. That is not process crime or a perjury trap.

Why are you defending the indefensible?

Last edited by ansible90; 09-08-2022 at 08:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies