Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 11:56 AM

23,777 posts, read 12,658,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
They were not with NARA which is where they belonged. Found elsewhere. Thus stolen.

That's pretty obvious. I don't know why that has to be explained to an adult.
You still have not proven your point. but keep tap dancing, we all know you will.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
Mindless hyperbole on your part. I am simply answering the nonstop silliness posted by the Trump cultists who cant stand the thought that their hero was trying to hide possession of these documents from the government. That he had them has been well established in this thread . If someone like you continues to try and deny this after 10180 posts, one more time isn't going to convince you. You are too much of a mindless fanboy if Trumps actions on this dont make you ask questions.

And no,intent is not needed. This again has been established in this thread,whether you like it or not. The law says NDI documents cannot be removed from a federal facility under any circumstances. Period. To remove them is a crime.Trump removed them.Crime committed. It remains to be seen if the government will choose to indict him,but even his own AG say there is evidence enough and thinks they will.
I give you the actual statutes that say intent is needed, and you come back with 'someone in the thread says it's not'. Talk about mindless hyperbole, you have it in spades.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:02 PM

3,113 posts, read 941,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I give you the actual statutes that say intent is needed, and you come back with 'someone in the thread says it's not'. Talk about mindless hyperbole, you have it in spades.
Why charge Trump and waste taxpayer money on a trial? Incredibly intelligent and scholarly C-Ders have already convicted! Off with his head!

Old 09-08-2022, 12:05 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,412,571 times
Quote:
You might want to re-read those statutes for comprehension and then come back.

Yes, they say the word "intent" - you might be served by taking a look at the context surrounding that word.

"Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing..."

"...with intent to do so..." is a reference back to "...willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, etc, etc, etc...." Meaning failing to actually remove, but "carries away" with the intent to remove.

I.E. just because security stops you with unpaid for jewelry in your pocket before you actually leave the store, doesn't mean you didn't try/have the intent to steal it.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:06 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,476,834 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is the problem with you people.

The whole world knows you are trafficking in fantasy, no one buys this nonsense anymore.
Says the trafficker of the Russia, Russia, Russia nonsense, eh?
Off topic, but Russia DID interfere in our election to the benefit of Trump.

RUSSIAN ACTIVE MEASURES CAMPAIGNS AND INTERFERENCE IN THE 2016 U.S. ELECTION | US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

It is also a fact that Trump obstructed justice at least ten separate ways (each chargeable) to prevent investigations into this mess.

It is also a fact that Trump's first order of business when taking the job was an attempt to lift all sanctions on Russia. Quid Pro Quo.

Thankfully the congress caught on to what he was up to, and forced the issue, preventing him from paying back Putin for the help.

It is also a fact that Bill Barr forced the premature closing of the Mueller investigation, well before they had completed their work. He then publicly mis-represented the findings.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:09 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
What about the made-up one of "collusion"; with Hunter.
All you need is evidence, which the last time I looked doesn't exist. The evidence will need to show that the crime was ongoing after January 20, 2021.

Better get cracking.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Let's see if they charge him with that, and what the courts decide.

If it's just obstruction charges, prepare to eat your words
Obstruction of a Federal Investigation carries a 20-year sentence. That'll do fine if it's all they can prove.

Last edited by cuebald; 09-08-2022 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-08-2022, 12:12 PM

1,799 posts, read 564,102 times
Quote:
No, I didn't say " someone in the thread said". Typical of you though.I said the info that it is illegal to remove them , period, has been given in this thread . Pay attention please. From a Trump apologists who also happens to have beena federal judge, and a Trump cheerleader on FOX. Judge Napolitano. As I said, this has been given already in this thread.

"Under the law, it doesn’t matter if the documents on which NDI is contained are classified or not, as it is simply and always criminal to have NDI in a non-federal facility, to have those without security clearances move it from one place to another, and to keep it from the feds when they are seeking it. Stated differently, the absence of classification — for whatever reason — is not a defense to the charges that are likely to be filed against Trump."

Do I expect you will get this after it has been given a second time. No. But your denial will simply show others that you lack the ability to think for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
So, Melania’s closet and 16 year old Barron’s room are cool, too.
Yep. Read the warrant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You might want to re-read those statutes for comprehension and then come back.

Yes, they say the word "intent" - you might be served by taking a look at the context surrounding that word.

"Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing..."

"...with intent to do so..." is a reference back to "...willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, etc, etc, etc...." Meaning failing to actually remove, but "carries away" with the intent to remove.

I.E. just because security stops you with unpaid for jewelry in your pocket before you actually leave the store, doesn't mean you didn't try/have the intent to steal it.
Sorry to burst your bubble but intent still has to be proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies