Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 01:05 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I’ll say this.

I don’t know nor care enough to look into the specifics here.

What is true is that the law is only used against Me, you, Joe Blow. Politicians at the top regularly float the law. Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Pelosi, HRC are examples. Enough for countless tribunals and FBI raids if we were a country of laws.

So when the agencies selectively enforce the law against an anti-establishment figure (Trump) this is an example of us descending into banana republic status.

It would never happen but DeSantis should have ordered the Florida NG to intercept the FBI agents.
Disregarding the optics of a governor calling up the guard to fight top law enforcement to prevent a warrant from being carried out, how would DeSantis have had any clue the raid was going to happen so he could get troops there on time? I doubt the FBI took out a full page ad in the local paper announcing they would be in the area conducting a search and seizure if anybody needed anything.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:05 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
non sequiter >> your conclusion is not aligned with the facts you advance.
It’s also false. Trump did not appoint the judge.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:06 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Why is the rabbit unafraid of the panther?

Old 08-09-2022, 01:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Actually, it's not. It's when someone tries to deflect about what one person did by turning attention to the (real or imagined) bad deeds of another.

Why did you eat the cookies? Whatabout my brother, he ate the brownies. (Still have not answered why you ate the cookies)
The precedent was set that bad deeds were going to be punished so why go after me??

Old 08-09-2022, 01:07 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Francis Wilhoit: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”
Ooh, I like that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
From what I am reading, a President can declassify any document he wants and take them with him.

All previous Presidents have done the same thing. It's normal business, whether we feel it should or should not be done.

This feels like just a "justification" in order to get a judge to approve the search warrant, with the real intent to find something else, anything else they can find to prosecute Trump on. The January 6th committee failed miserably, so now they are using a search warrant to find something else, anything else.

I have been an anti-Trump voter. Check my posts and you will see how often I tell Republicans they are making a YUGE mistake backing Trump.

With that said, this country has just crossed a line that will officially doom our country forever. It was bad enough when Bush allowed the government to spy on citizens in the name of national security. It got even worse when Obama used the IRS to target conservatives and then the Federal Government to spy on an incoming President. It worsened yet when the Democrat party, the FBI and the Democrat nominee made up a fake story about Russian collusion in order to sabotage an administration and sow the seeds of doubt with the American public.

Now it is obvious to all that all the powerful institutions in this country have been coopted by Democrats in order to shut down political opposition. This is now nothing more than a banana republic on its way to full communism.

The last person I want Republicans to nominate is Trump, but this is not the way to do it and this is not the way to run a country. As a former Democrat, a former Liberal, I am shocked and saddened to see 1/2 of America being okay with the way the Federal Government and Media have been weaponized against our own.

Absolutely disgraceful.
I applaud you. we have differences of opinion. it is the stability in a democracy. I am worried but not concerned. the America we all love is stronger than these madmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Here is the information provided again on this thread, for the ***eighth*** time. Please read slowly and carefully:

Link: https://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judg...2Dyear%20terms

A majority of the U.S. district judges of the Southern District of Florida appointed Reinhard. NOT Trump.
So he was appointed by a panel that could swing either way. Thanks. You should have said that in the first place.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHX0EB6qmFU

This is why.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:08 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Disregarding the optics of a governor calling up the guard to fight top law enforcement to prevent a warrant from being carried out, how would DeSantis have had any clue the raid was going to happen so he could get troops there on time? I doubt the FBI took out a full page ad in the local paper announcing they would be in the area conducting a search and seizure if anybody needed anything.
That’s why I said intercept. They were @ his home the entire day

Old 08-09-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That’s part of the point here that nobody wants to talk about, probably because it requires two brain cells to process the thought, which all of the brilliant liberal minds here seem to be lacking.

There are all sorts of issues here … not just who owns or controls these documents. How about chain of custody? If someone tries to claim Trump illegally took documents, they would have to first prove that HE actually took them, and not just that he didn’t have the right to have them. The first would be impossible to prove, unless it could be proven that Trump ordered someone to specifically take those documents in question. Chain of custody … obviously Trump isn’t packing and moving boxes personally. He has staff that handle the labor of moving, right?

The second issue here is all of this hype about “classified documents”, as if the president of the United States isn’t cleared to handle classified documents. What a brain dead thing is this? The president has the power to classify AND declassify documents.

Thirdly, what is the critical nature of these specific documents that require a raid? Are they containing some crucial national security information they suspect Trump was planning to secretly give the Rooskies?

It’s obvious what is going on here. And the numbskulls who cheer this demonstration of a third world dictatorship are just idiots.
Trump is not the president, and does not have his security clearance any more. IIRC, it was revoked in February, 2021. All daily briefings to him were also stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies