Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 10:12 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Exactly. Plus, this question of whether he declassified the documents that he kept at Mar-a-Lago is really irrelevant because none of the three criminal laws cited in a search warrant as the basis of the investigation depend on whether documents contain classified information, so that's really the end of that story.

Nevertheless, I liken his claimed (but unproduced) "standing order" that anything he removes from the oval office is automatically "declassified" to be akin to a typical Trump "executive order" that says "Anything illegal that I do is automatically deemed to be NOT illegal." But just for Trump, of course. Oddly, that seems to be what he believes with respect to his entire life!
Sounds just like Nixon when he said: if the President does it, it's not illegal (paraphrasing) . That didn't get him very far, either.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:12 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Is there reporting that the visit in June actually found and located ALL the missing material? Or is it possible that after cataloguing what was retrieved in June it was shown that they did not get it all? Even though a Trump attorney signed a document saying all of the unauthorized material had been returned?

And, I don’t agree that advising MAL to secure a storage area equates to authorizing the retention of whatever may still be on the premises. That’s quite a leap (among many).
Trump's words. Take with a grain of salt.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:14 AM

1,281 posts, read 1,422,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Trump declassified them and had a standing order to declassify others before he left office. Yes Biden* can certainly reclassify those documents if he chooses to do so. But it won't help in your lust of going after Trump since Biden* cannot go back in time to reclassify those documents.
Again, even if this is true, it makes no difference with respect to the statutes in the warrant. So this round-and-round topic is truly not relevant.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:15 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If they "got him now" why have they not revoked trumps passport?
Because all this would be easier and less embarrassing for the country if he just left and went somewhere like Moscow or Saudi Arabia or maybe even Turkey.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:15 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
It’s really headspinning that you think that tweet from DJT amounts to anything at all beyond his usual blathering.
He doesn't even have to say anything at all, but he did. Read the article I posted about prior Presidents declassifying on the spot, no procedure required.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Funny thing is that the hard core TDS people still think Trump is going to jail.

ROFL
I sure don’t. I can’t imagine Trump spending a minute behind bars. He’ll be dead long before it comes to that.

13,388 posts, read 6,447,897 times
Quote:
Is there reporting that the visit in June actually found and located ALL the missing material? Or is it possible that after cataloguing what was retrieved in June it was shown that they did not get it all? Even though a Trump attorney signed a document saying all of the unauthorized material had been returned?

And, I don’t agree that advising MAL to secure a storage area equates to authorizing the retention of whatever may still be on the premises. That’s quite a leap (among many).
There's a lot we do not yet know about what went down in June.

How much stuff did they find that concerned them? How sensitive was it? How much of it was obviously personal (for example it has been reported one box contained a raincoat and golf ball(s).)

The reporting on this can best be summarized as they sample a few of the boxes in the storage room and took a few documents they though were classified.

They sent an email re better lock on the door. What else? Did they "suggest" a control procedure for who had the key to that lock. Did they charge Secret Service with keeping an eye on the docs?

Did a discussion take place whereby Team Trump said they needed to go through the boxes to take out personal stuff?

33,560 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some yes. Some no. Read the article I posted about prior Presidents declassifying TS info on the spot.
I did, and it is total bovine excrement.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He doesn't even have to say anything at all, but he did. Read the article I posted about prior Presidents declassifying on the spot, no procedure required.
I’ve read all your links, truly trying to find the relevance. It’s not there.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:18 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Because all this would be easier and less embarrassing for the country if he just left and went somewhere like Moscow or Saudi Arabia or maybe even Turkey.
Oh, we've been embarrassed across the world for that last 6+ yeas with the crap the dems pulled..

I bet you still believe the russia peeing hookers also.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies