Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 05:43 PM

30,455 posts, read 21,298,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I wouldn’t worry too much. Any sort of beings with enough intelligence to efficiently navigate space and get here would view our primitive little human race like we would an ant colony, and watch from a distance. We would likely have no means of defense against any weapons they might be carrying.
No one from other planets can get to us like we can't get to them. Any planets with life on them are way tooooooooooo far away unless they have a jump drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 05:46 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
As a Christian, the Bible says humans were God’s special creation and we are above the animals. Why would I think there’s something “more advanced” out there? Did Jesus appear to them as well? For sure, no.

Feel free to dismiss it all as irrational. I feel the same about people believing in aliens you’ve never seen and have no evidence of.
The Bible doesn’t preclude aliens.
Vatican scientist says belief in God and aliens is OK

What Does the Bible Say About Aliens?

Old 08-26-2022, 06:54 PM

43,142 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
No one from other planets can get to us like we can't get to them. Any planets with life on them are way tooooooooooo far away unless they have a jump drive.
There is so much Science we don't know yet. Don't assume here that earth and humans are at the top

They still can't figure out how the pyramids were built so accurately

Old 08-26-2022, 07:21 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
As a Christian, the Bible says humans were God’s special creation and we are above the animals. Why would I think there’s something “more advanced” out there? Did Jesus appear to them as well? For sure, no.

Feel free to dismiss it all as irrational. I feel the same about people believing in aliens you’ve never seen and have no evidence of.
Could be the bible tells the story of earth. How does that exclude the possibility of other planets with their own creation stories?

And yes, there are many people who have reported encounters with alien beings. You can't say nobody has ever seen an alien, or a UFO. There are tens of thousands of reports from all over the world. Do you think they are all crazy people?

Last edited by ansible90; 08-26-2022 at 08:16 PM..

Old 08-26-2022, 08:14 PM

1,022 posts, read 741,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There is so much Science we don't know yet. Don't assume here that earth and humans are at the top

They still can't figure out how the pyramids were built so accurately
In a nutshell. The arrogance of human thinking that if we can't do it, there is no way it could be done.

Light speed could be the slowest means of space travel. Sad to think that 1st contact might be met with weapons built by humans.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:25 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They are waiting until we destroy ourselves. Then they will swoop in and salvage anything worth salvaging.

The sad truth is that to intelligent life out there we look like savages, in a race to kill each other and our planet off. We are so stupid that we are literally destroying our home when we have nowhere else to go.

We offer nothing of value to advanced civilizations. They probably pass Earth by on their way to planets with intelligent life on them and remark about how stupid and self-destructive the inhabitants of this planet are. This mess of civilization isn't worth their bother.
Not necessarily. If they are intelligent they would know we are behaving exactly as our DNA would have us behave. Being human is not easy. I look at life from more of a computer programming perspective, with DNA as the code. Most people don't have as much free will as they think. It really isn't our fault we behave this way, believe it or not.

We are more likely children in their eyes.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:32 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:

Other beings might not be human. The Bible is not a good source of information. It also didn’t tell us where Cain’s wife came from. If the story of the Ark is true and only Noah and his family survived, everyone today is the product of incest and inbreeding.

I’d stick with Science to search for answers to scientific inquiries.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:02 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:

Yours is not the only creation story. There are many others, and they all could be just stories.
https://list25.com/25-creation-stori...und-the-world/

As for the recent interest in UFOs that could be an interesting development.

Old 08-27-2022, 05:26 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
The only way to travel space would be to unlock the secrets of multidimensional travel.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:13 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:

My ex-husband said this below means we have been visited before and it was recorded ... me? I don't believe there is another planet in the universe than can support life.

Ezekiel 1:5-18

Within it there were figures resembling four living beings. And this was their appearance: they had human form. Each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight and their feet were like a calf’s hoof, and they gleamed like burnished bronze.
Under their wings on their four sides were human hands. As for the faces and wings of the four of them, their wings touched one another; their faces did not turn when they moved, each went straight forward. As for the form of their faces, each had the face of a man; all four had the face of a lion on the right and the face of a bull on the left, and all four had the face of an eagle. Such were their faces. Their wings were spread out above; each had two touching another being, and two covering their bodies. And each went straight forward; wherever the spirit was about to go, they would go, without turning as they went. In the midst of the living beings there was something that looked like burning coals of fire, like torches darting back and forth among the living beings. The fire was bright, and lightning was flashing from the fire. And the living beings ran to and fro like bolts of lightning. Now as I looked at the living beings, behold, there was one wheel on the earth beside the living beings, for each of the four of them. The appearance of the wheels and their workmanship was like sparkling beryl, and all four of them had the same form, their appearance and workmanship being as if one wheel were within another. Whenever they moved, they moved in any of their four directions without turning as they moved. As for their rims they were lofty and awesome, and the rims of all four of them were full of eyes round about.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Four-Creatures
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies