Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 06:18 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its a fractured party with constant infighting and no proactive measures to fix anything other than whining and the party hasn't won the majority vote in YEARS. Always playing defense. . You can bookmark it and take a picture, Republicans stand no chance until 2028 at least... Maybe 2026 if they get a bit more moderate and start to appeal to a broader audience
You are probably right. I wish there was a third party that actually had a chance. I don't fit in either of our current two parties. Although, i'll be voting R, or nothing at all. It is pretty discouraging.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:33 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There's really nothing that extreme about Trump, he just isn't a typical politician. People can't even ding him for "mean tweets" or not being a polished speaker anymore considering the depths both parties have sunk to since he was POTUS. Basically the only thing causing him to divide anything is in people's own minds.
Really! People protesting him for being rude, crude and socially unacceptable by wearing obscene pink hats.

And the depths the Dems are going to! Trump never threatened to punch Corey Booker. He never threatened to kill Kamala Harris in an elevator. Never talked about wanting to punch creepy Joe.

TDS is just a serious pandemic that destroys critical thinking skills. I'm afraid millions have permanent brain damage.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:40 PM

2,389 posts, read 2,343,092 times
When you have a former R president calling the current R Senate Majority leader names, the party is NOT united. They still have a chance in Nov. But they gotta quit whining and offer solutions. Now.

Old 08-26-2022, 06:55 PM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Well, it's not zero, but I think the GOP is in trouble.

What does the GOP stand for? How are they reaching out to various segments of the American people?

Well, we know that women are upset. Witness the recent Kansas vote concerning abortion.

Plus, to add insult to injury, various Republicans have been vocal about preventing women from traveling from state to state if they are of age to become pregnant, without providing proof that they are NOT pregnant. Yes, I realize that this is the more 'extreme' arm of Republicans, but Democrats will make hay out of it.

Also, plenty of Republicans have been vocal that, mother be damned, the unborn child is more important than the mother's life.

Teachers? Schools? Republicans in some states have been active in forbidding books. Banning the diary of Anne Frank? Banning the classic "To Kill A Mockingbird"?

Teachers must take arm themselves. Children are to buy bullet-proof backpacks.

Gay and other people are to be shunned, or charged with crimes?

Contraception to be prohibited?

Republicans vote against a cap on insulin?

I could go on. But the lesson is clear: the Republicans are, under Trump's leadership, targeting the White Racist Vote.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:19 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Polling had canckles wining in 2016.

Let's see what shakes out.

Last edited by Chowhound; 08-26-2022 at 07:28 PM..

Old 08-26-2022, 09:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reminder... Trump got several more million votes than Obama (2008) when his support had the most energy.

The Swamp knows it. They know what they had to do to in 2020.

They only reason Trump is bad for America is sizable portion of the country comes down with a severe case of TDS... and we don't have a vaccine yet. They end up wreaking havoc everywhere.
There's no such thing as TDS.

It's not in the DSM, and it never will be.

It's a made up acronym that some trumpers use to make themselves feel better.

Trump is bad for America, among other reasons, because he lacks sufficient character.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:12 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,752,206 times
The Supreme Court lessened the GOP chances of winning with the Roe reversal, most woman will vote Democrat now and we'll suffer at least six more years with the Dems in charge. 'Glad I'm mostly out of the stock market, the economy is a disaster thanks to the Dems.

Old 08-26-2022, 11:04 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
He's good for popcorn sales though.

"Per capita popcorn consumption raised from 42 quarts per year in 2017 to 47 quarts in 2020, as stated by the US Department of Agriculture and the Popcorn Board."

Old 08-27-2022, 11:08 AM

6,749 posts, read 6,738,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump is bad for America, among other reasons, because he lacks sufficient character.

Bill Clinton didn't have sufficient character, but wasn't as bad for America. Problem with Trump is he works for Putin and is following little Vladdy's instructions to tear down American institutions and democracy.

Old 08-27-2022, 11:11 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm open to a moderate, sane Republican candidate myself. But I'll be danged if I know who that could be at this point.
The first criteria would be they would have to denounce The Big Lie. Any candidate who cannot do that is not credible. And there are virtually no Republicans who will go on record to say that at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies