Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 01:01 PM

88 posts, read 33,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its a fractured party with constant infighting and no proactive measures to fix anything other than whining and the party hasn't won the majority vote in YEARS. Always playing defense. . You can bookmark it and take a picture, Republicans stand no chance until 2028 at least... Maybe 2026 if they get a bit more moderate and start to appeal to a broader audience
This does sound like a Democrat engaging in wishful thinking.

Donald Trump personally has caused much division.

But he said many things that needed to be said and his policies are sound.

I don't have a crystal ball, but there are plenty of very electable, younger potential candidates who would move forward with his policies.

The only real fracture is between two completely different visions for America that realistically can't coexist.

Old 08-27-2022, 01:24 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Lets face it. Trump has fractured the republican party, chances of winning 2022 and 2024 is ZERO
Let's face it, the current cabal running the show here in our kakistocracy has done more damage to this nation in the past year and a half than all the other leftist administrations combined. And anyone who would vote them back in office is either mentally ill or should be considered a traitor to the nation. We'd be better off going into full-on social breakdown/revolt mode than we would keeping these vermin in office.

Old 08-27-2022, 01:48 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
I agree that former President Trump caused a major chasm within the Republican Party. It is the MAGA Republicans vs everyone else within the Republican Party.

Old 08-27-2022, 02:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,672,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
We can only hope. Maybe there are enough moderates to stop the Trumplican MAGA extremists. But so many are in safe districts like Gosar, Green and others, so the insanity will continue.

If Trump gets the nomination and is against Biden there's still a good chance he could win, even while fighting federal charges. But more people are wising up to the fact he is a despotic wannabe dictator who throws everyone who supports him under the bus. Including nearly 900 who are in, or going to prison for him. I think most of his supporters are just there to see what kind of crazy he pulls out of his hat next.

Here's a scenario for you. Trump gets indicted, delays trial until after he is nominated, wins the Primary, then loses in court. Remains out on appeal, WINS the election over the democrats. His hand picked Supreme Court throws out the conviction.

Because of clear corruption in the republican controlled courts, Biden refuses to relinquish the Presidency, and the military backs him up.

Civil War 2 begins...
I am not a Trump Maga extremist and have voted in 16 Presidential elections. I used to be a Democrat but changed my status to Independent when Obama was President. Our family is a military family dating back to the American Revolution and after the destruction of American values and patriotism of the current inept administration I will never vote Democratic again.

Old 08-27-2022, 02:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You mean like how the left calls Trump supporters a cult? No such thing either!

Character isn't what will sink our country but bad policies will and Trump had good polices while Biden has terrible policies. There are some clues that Biden is a pedophile is that what you call good character?
Bingo

Old 08-27-2022, 02:30 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
I voted Republican one time. It was in 2004. It was the first Presidential election I ever voted in. I was 18 years old and felt guilted into doing so (religious right wing. I'm still religious, but not really far to the right). That was the one time I voted GOP. I haven't done so since. And in the last 2 elections, I have voted for 3rd party candidates.

Old 08-27-2022, 02:40 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I voted Republican one time. It was in 2004. It was the first Presidential election I ever voted in. I was 18 years old and felt guilted into doing so (religious right wing. I'm still religious, but not really far to the right). That was the one time I voted GOP. I haven't done so since. And in the last 2 elections, I have voted for 3rd party candidates.
I believe you said you are a black guy, what made you vote third party, just curious, if you don't want to say that's fine. Most black folks don't vote third party, why I'm curious.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:24 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
More people in this country are in the moderate strata than on either wing of the bell curve. Each wing pays rapt attention to the other wing and ignores where most people actually identify, which is more center than not.

There has never been a far left president in the history of the U.S., despite the hyperbole over the last 2 to 5 years. Biden is fairly centrist with some left leanings. The whole construct of what is being called "libs" is basically whatever doesn't align to conservative and right wing politics. Even centrist, moderates, and Independents are called "libs," a media-coined term to stoke hatred, fear, and division.

I wouldn't make any predictions of what will happen as there are so many variables. The GOP has it's challenges, no doubt, but I'd never say never.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:45 PM

7,375 posts, read 3,834,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why did you vote for Obama twice?

Old 08-27-2022, 03:50 PM

956 posts, read 511,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
More people in this country are in the moderate strata than on either wing of the bell curve. Each wing pays rapt attention to the other wing and ignores where most people actually identify, which is more center than not.

There has never been a far left president in the history of the U.S., despite the hyperbole over the last 2 to 5 years. Biden is fairly centrist with some left leanings. The whole construct of what is being called "libs" is basically whatever doesn't align to conservative and right wing politics. Even centrist, moderates, and Independents are called "libs," a media-coined term to stoke hatred, fear, and division.

I wouldn't make any predictions of what will happen as there are so many variables. The GOP has it's challenges, no doubt, but I'd never say never.
Well Biden is being dragged around by the far left as he is old and almost like a puppet. He is not the moderate democrat of years past.

Do you think he would veto a bill of the green new deal?? I highly doubt it as he is pulled far left by his party and that's who he is now!!

And GOP has its challenges no doubt, but so do the dems. I mean its far far far more likely that GOP takes house and dems senate than dems both or GOP both. Though who knows in this political environment. There are more variables than before and many voters see the left for what they are thank goodness which should stop them from taking both chambers of congress November 8 despite the4 issues with the GOP. If Dems did not have problems, they would win more votes and everyone was saying in 2020 it was going to be a dem bloodbath and it was close and even liberal media said there were problems with the democratic party as such. The thing is both parties have so many issues its almost like 2020 was about voting against the other rather than for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies