Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2022, 03:57 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,311,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
We can only hope. Maybe there are enough moderates to stop the Trumplican MAGA extremists. But so many are in safe districts like Gosar, Green and others, so the insanity will continue.

If Trump gets the nomination and is against Biden there's still a good chance he could win, even while fighting federal charges. But more people are wising up to the fact he is a despotic wannabe dictator who throws everyone who supports him under the bus. Including nearly 900 who are in, or going to prison for him. I think most of his supporters are just there to see what kind of crazy he pulls out of his hat next.

Here's a scenario for you. Trump gets indicted, delays trial until after he is nominated, wins the Primary, then loses in court. Remains out on appeal, WINS the election over the democrats. His hand picked Supreme Court throws out the conviction.

Because of clear corruption in the republican controlled courts, Biden refuses to relinquish the Presidency, and the military backs him up.

Civil War 2 begins...
crazy thing is, several of your ilk believe in fantasies like this.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:58 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
Well Biden is being dragged around by the far left as he is old and almost like a puppet. He is not the moderate democrat of years past.

Do you think he would veto a bill of the green new deal?? I highly doubt it as he is pulled far left by his party and that's who he is now!!

And GOP has its challenges no doubt, but so do the dems. I mean its far far far more likely that GOP takes house and dems senate than dems both or GOP both. Though who knows in this political environment. There are more variables than before and many voters see the left for what they are thank goodness which should stop them from taking both chambers of congress November 8 despite the4 issues with the GOP. If Dems did not have problems, they would win more votes and everyone was saying in 2020 it was going to be a dem bloodbath and it was close and even liberal media said there were problems with the democratic party as such. The thing is both parties have so many issues its almost like 2020 was about voting against the other rather than for one.
I disagree that the far left is having *that much* influence. Some, but not nearly as much as Fox News, Breitbart & other aligned media claim. I think that's what many believe, but I don't think it's true. The policies being talked about now are not a surprise, nor anything new. They've been talked about by Biden before he ever ran, and others as well, not all on the far left, either.

Old 08-27-2022, 04:09 PM

956 posts, read 511,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I disagree that the far left is having *that much* influence. Some, but not nearly as much as Fox News, Breitbart & other aligned media claim. I think that's what many believe, but I don't think it's true. The policies being talked about now are not a surprise, nor anything new. They've been talked about by Biden before he ever ran, and others as well, not all on the far left, either.
Exactly so Biden is part of the far left if he wants to do the green new deal.

He maybe used to be not that far left 20+ years ago, but he has become that way??

Do you agree??

Old 08-27-2022, 04:09 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Biden is a puppet, you'd have to be a fool to not see that.

The GOP is just as corrupt as the dims, it's one big money transfer scheme party that you are not invited to.

Old 08-27-2022, 04:14 PM

956 posts, read 511,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Biden is a puppet, you'd have to be a fool to not see that.

The GOP is just as corrupt as the dims, it's one big money transfer scheme party that you are not invited to.
They both have issues which is why we need gridloick thus vote GOP in November mid terms so nothing bad gets passed from either side.

Old 08-27-2022, 04:51 PM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
Exactly so Biden is part of the far left if he wants to do the green new deal.

He maybe used to be not that far left 20+ years ago, but he has become that way??

Do you agree??
I was clear in what I said -- Biden is a centrist. That means neither of the wings will ever be happy with him, as these things go, and both sides will get pizzed off.

Old 08-27-2022, 05:38 PM

1,122 posts, read 963,080 times
I am a senior who has been a Republican since 1975. I am also a heavy user of another social platform and follow many of the younger Republicans (Gen X) These are smart individuals. Kurt Schlichter - Cernovich - Jack Posobiec and many more. Kurt is a Trial Lawyer and Ex Army Colonel. Has an office down the street from us in Manhattan Beach. He's often on Laura Ingraham's show as a commentator and is a Townhall writer.

Republican party is changing - the old guard needs to retire. I will say the same thing about the Democrats. Let the younger ones come in and be heard. They are not radical. They (Republicans) are simply not going to be a door mats anymore.

Democrats have been fighters- sometimes dirty but fighters. Well, this is the direction of the Republicans today in my humble opinion. That's not a bad thing.

Maxine Waters is 84 yrs old. Nancy Pelosi is 82. Mitch McConnell is 80 yrs old. Chuck Grassley is 88 yrs old. Grace Napolitano is 85 yrs old. Dianne Feinstein is 88 yrs old. There are many more who are in their 80's.

Look at Pres. Biden, clearly he is having cognitive issues. Anyone who has dealt with a parent with cognitive/dementia know the signs.

Not everyone in the Republican party identify as a MAGA person. For the record! When Trump was elected - people did not vote for him due to his personality. Policies mattered. Pres. Biden has never mentioned the Fentanyl that is coming in from over the border and is killing young people in America. It's a problem. I lost my 55 yr old brother in 2014 to Meth. He got clean and fell off the wagon. We have a terrible problem with drugs that the Biden people are NOT addressing.

By the way, there are Republicans who reside in California BUT they keep their mouths shut. I went to school with many in Torrance who are Republicans here in California. We hate watching our state go down the toilet. Depressing. They (Democrats) in California keep pouring money into the homeless issues YET our streets/sides of freeways are covered with tents. Where is the money going? I could go on but will stop there.

I wouldn't count Trump out but I will tell you I would love to see DeSantis run. He's young and SHARP.

Old 08-27-2022, 05:42 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its a fractured party with constant infighting and no proactive measures to fix anything other than whining and the party hasn't won the majority vote in YEARS. Always playing defense. . You can bookmark it and take a picture, Republicans stand no chance until 2028 at least... Maybe 2026 if they get a bit more moderate and start to appeal to a broader audience
Biden has made a Republican win a given. Dems totally screwed up putting in a puppet. Can you imagine how far his dementia will have progressed in the next 2 years? Biden has made a fool out of everyone that cast a vote for him.

I do love the liberals constant jabbering over Trump, as that says to me that they still see him as a BIG threat!

Old 08-27-2022, 05:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm open to a moderate, sane Republican candidate myself. But I'll be danged if I know who that could be at this point.
They don't exist in Arizona, that's for sure.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:40 PM

1,266 posts, read 563,159 times
I think in the short term we will see the Red Wave. Over the long term, say 20 year outlook, the Party needs to decide which direction it wants to take. If it veers toward the right while insisting on the pushing of social matters, it risks losing moderates who just want to see a small and efficient government, and mostly just want to let people live their lives. Some of those moderates may hook up with their counterparts from the Democrats and actually form a viable third party, but I think that would take another generation to accomplish, unless some heavy hitters defected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies