Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 09:27 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times

Advertisements

I personally don't blame Chicago for this, as other posters have noted this happens lots of places.

I do wonder if they'll actually enforce justice in the matter or if the prosecutor will let him off lightly.

I am annoyed however that the mayor always blames *something* other than the criminal behavior.
She has a zero-tolerance policy for personal responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2022, 09:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I personally don't blame Chicago for this, as other posters have noted this happens lots of places.

I do wonder if they'll actually enforce justice in the matter or if the prosecutor will let him off lightly.

I am annoyed however that the mayor always blames *something* other than the criminal behavior.
I'm a Democrat but I have no love for Lori Lightfoot. I think she's been a disaster as a mayor.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:20 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm a Democrat but I have no love for Lori Lightfoot. I think she's been a disaster as a mayor.
Time to put her out to pasture so she can go to Hobby Lobby and shop for a new pair of eyes.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:42 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Time to put her out to pasture so she can go to Hobby Lobby and shop for a new pair of eyes.
Or a headband for her fivehead.

Old 09-08-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:

Have they even been charged? I haven't looked too deeply but I don't even see where their names are released.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:32 PM

1,173 posts, read 550,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah sure you don’t. She checks all the boxes for the woke to like. You’ll be deducted woke points with that comment.

Old 09-08-2022, 12:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Yeah sure you don’t. She checks all the boxes for the woke to like. You’re gonna loose woke points with that comment.
Don't tell me who I support. You don't know me.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:04 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Have they even been charged? I haven't looked too deeply but I don't even see where their names are released.
2 cars racing, other one sped off.

The guy that hit the woman got some initial charges, name not released but they are investigating further.

No doubt they're pulling surveillance footage which will lead to more serious charges which I understand takes time to do.

They're still looking for other driver.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:06 PM

Quote:
2 cars racing, other one sped off.

The other guy got some initial charges, name not released but they are investigating further.

No doubt they're pulling surveillance footage which will lead to more serious charges which I understand takes time to do.

They're still looking for other driver.
I can't imagine they haven't found them with the amount of cameras in the area.

I swore I saw it reported that the other driver was a woman.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:22 PM

33,331 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is tragic.

One of the drivers was a 19 year old woman? Where does a 19 year old get the money to buy a Corvette? Where does any of these punks get the money to tear up their cars drag racing and doing donuts? If I could venture a guess I'd say these cars were probably stolen?

Is there really much difference between illegal guns being used in crimes and illegal street racing. Dead is dead and this tourist paid the price for the Elected Dems failure to Police the city.

How is that Defund the Police working out for you Chicago?
Often mommy and daddy.

Sometimes grandparents, family trusts, etc.

One of my high school classmates got a Lamborghini as a high school graduation present, as did all of his siblings.

One of my best friends in high school....his family gave him (net, after taxes) $5 million when he turned 18 (his grandfather was worth $150 million at the time, and his father was an only child).

And I graduated from high school in the 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies