Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 10:18 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times

Advertisements

I never understand street racers. There are businesses that cater to your hobbies. I went to one of these once. Its extremely fun. The top speed is not as fast, but its not about the top speed. It is how close you are to the turns, and the other drivers. It makes everything feel very fast. And you will often crash into the other drivers, but its done safely. I am sure there is one in the Chicagoland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3q5dTF-aY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 10:29 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
It looked like an impromptu race in traffic, not a formal race. She probably had no idea it was happening and certainly did not expect two cars to be going substantially faster than prevailing traffic.

Now imagine the quietness of 2 EV's drag racing through a neighborhood.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:39 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I never understand street racers. There are businesses that cater to your hobbies. I went to one of these once. Its extremely fun. The top speed is not as fast, but its not about the top speed. It is how close you are to the turns, and the other drivers. It makes everything feel very fast. And you will often crash into the other drivers, but its done safely. I am sure there is one in the Chicagoland.

This looks like a blast! I need to find one of these places!

Old 09-12-2022, 05:50 AM

21,950 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Can't feel sorry for these people in Chicago. You get what you vote for so enjoy.
Let me tell you, there are MANY people in my area who didn't vote for this. This was another Soros backed prosecutor in this area.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
She didn't vote for anything, she was visiting the city.
In the old days, they kept crime out of the tourist areas because they knew people wouldn't come to visit. Many people I know hate or refuse to go to downtown Chicago anymore including me. My daughter was invited to perform with her band in the Mag Mile holiday parade and we declined. So when it starts affected them $$ wise, they might wake up. But virtue signaling might take priority.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
It's easy to criticize testosterone-induced antics of young people but I have to remember that without these people we would be like the Chinese docile and lifeless just existing to please the state. This rebellious nature of ours is an important aspect of our nature even though it might annoy us from time to time.

The trick is enforcing laws and making sure that people who go and run someone down while drag racing go to prison and don't get off of the slap on the wrist. This includes stealing cars. If you are caught stealing a car you should get 5 years in prison. The fine line between order and chaos is one that must be enforced to keep civilization stable and thriving.

Democrats seem to be enabling lawlessness so they can eventually implement some sort of authoritarian solution that clamps down in all of our rights which is their ultimate goal

Nailed it. They are jonesing for a national police force that they can control since a majority of existing law enforcement are GOP.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Time to put her out to pasture so she can go to Hobby Lobby and shop for a new pair of eyes.
It won't matter. They will just elect a different woke Democrat. LIghtfoot won against Toni Preckwinkle. Potato, poTAHto.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Often mommy and daddy.

Sometimes grandparents, family trusts, etc.

One of my high school classmates got a Lamborghini as a high school graduation present, as did all of his siblings.

One of my best friends in high school....his family gave him (net, after taxes) $5 million when he turned 18 (his grandfather was worth $150 million at the time, and his father was an only child).

And I graduated from high school in the 70s.
lol. Mommy and Daddy. Right.

Drugs, no doubt.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:07 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

"Different strokes for different folks" as they say!

Old 09-12-2022, 06:20 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Nailed it. They are jonesing for a national police force that they can control since a majority of existing law enforcement are GOP.
" since a majority of existing law enforcement are GOP."

You claim it, you back it up.

Cities are the MOST POPULATED and have the MOST cops. Our biggest cities are dem run with dem Chief of Police and other high ranking officers are black.

You could be right but am not so sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies