Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 09:47 AM

596 posts, read 896,112 times

Advertisements

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...tors-rcna47672

"His bill also includes criminal penalties for doctors who perform abortions, including up to five years in prison."

Folks, GOP wants to put doctors in jail.

Again, please vote wisely in a few weeks.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post

"His bill also includes criminal penalties for doctors who perform abortions, including up to five years in prison."

You have an issue with someone breaking a law being penalized?

Do explain.

Do you also sympathize with rapists who rape? Think they should have no legal consequences?

Old 09-14-2022, 09:51 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atsushi View Post

Do you honestly think it has any chance in a Dem controlled Congress ?

The other Republicans don't even like his bill.

Maybe if you were more informed about this you wouldn't be preaching "vote Dem".

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...eeks-rcna47530
It took only hours Tuesday for fellow Republicans to trash Sen. Lindsey Graham's bill to ban abortion after 15 weeks nationwide.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:53 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Well, it seems like the Republicans are determined to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. Regardless of one's position on abortion, overturning Roe v Wade was the right thing to do from a Constitutional standpoint. Now, it seems as if the Republicans have completely forgotten why Roe v Wade was overturned. They're becoming as irrational as Democrats.
All of that notwithstanding, this is a stunningly stupid political move. It makes Republicans look inconsistent and will also anger the pro-abortion crowd for absolutely no reason since it has zero chance of becoming law. Finally, what Graham is proposing is blatantly un-Constitutional. Its as if he is intentionally trying to **** off everyone simultaneously.
I couldn’t have said it better myself.

The Republicans kept saying abortion should be left to the sates, then Sen Graham has to go and make this absolutely stupid move.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:58 AM

29,541 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
there shouldn’t be any ban. its my body, my choice up until my body decides to go into labor.
So you are ok with terminating the life of an unborn child simply because you elect not to continue with the pregnancy even at the very last days in the third trimester? Wow.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:59 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I did research, it looks like your statement is partly accurate, the most widely used is the minipill, the one that can prevent implantation and the combination pill, the one that stops ovulation entirely. (I tried to cut and paste the link but it didn't work). Additionally, the minipill has a 99% success rate, higher than the combination pill.

No.

The combo has a much bigger market share globally.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights....-market-101802

And in the US, the mini pill only has 10% of the market.

Quote:
The mini pill is widely used in Britain, but accounts for less than 10 percent of the U.S. market for oral contraceptives, partly because the pills can cause unscheduled bleeding and require greater vigilance on the part of patient ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/u...%20every%20day.

And no, they have a very similar success rate. There are studies that show that the combo pill is slightly higher.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:00 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
So you are ok with terminating the life of an unborn child simply because you elect not to continue with the pregnancy even at the very last days in the third trimester? Wow.
I've heard diehards argue that even if the baby is born, fully out of the body, as long as the umbilical cord is still attached, the mother has every right to kill it because it is still "her body."

I wish I could say that was a sick joke, but no. Some believe that.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:01 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
I don't know any woman or doctor who would terminate a perfectly healthy baby in the last days before birth. Most people are more responsible than that.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:03 AM

18,108 posts, read 15,683,109 times
McConnell went on record to reporters that this proposal by Graham is a non-starter, their intent is for states to make their own laws.

Old 09-14-2022, 10:04 AM

18,108 posts, read 15,683,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't know any woman or doctor who would terminate a perfectly healthy baby in the last days before birth. Most people are more responsible than that.
It doesn't happen, it's a fabrication by the religious right. These lies keep getting repeated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies