Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 06:28 AM

17,421 posts, read 14,642,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Logically it makes no sense to allow abortions for 15 weeks. It is still a human life in the eyes of most anti-abortion people. 15 weeks will never satisfy the vast majority of Republicans. This is not something they will compromise on. If it were, then they would have passed instructions to one of the members of their Supreme Court to stop at the MS decision. The MS 15 week ban was approved by their court 6-3. Dumping Roe completely was a 5-4 vote they were never asked to take but presumably did on instructions from the RNC. Only one Republican judge would have had to change his/her vote and they could have been spared the political heat that is coming their way.
Do you think the DNC controls the left leaning Justices?

Old 09-14-2022, 06:32 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
yes, keep reminding every woman that the GOP wants to control their body. This will work out so well at the polls.

Thanks GOP

Old 09-14-2022, 06:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Logically it makes no sense to allow abortions for 15 weeks. It is still a human life in the eyes of most anti-abortion people. 15 weeks will never satisfy the vast majority of Republicans. This is not something they will compromise on. If it were, then they would have passed instructions to one of the members of their Supreme Court to stop at the MS decision. The MS 15 week ban was approved by their court 6-3. Dumping Roe completely was a 5-4 vote they were never asked to take but presumably did on instructions from the RNC. Only one Republican judge would have had to change his/her vote and they could have been spared the political heat that is coming their way.
Most people support abortion rights through the first trimester and with exceptions beyond that. Support drops dramatically as time goes on. The 15 week ban on elective abortion with exemptions beyond that would be in line with what the majority support when it comes to abortion.

The idea that all Republicans are anti abortion is not based in reality.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:07 AM

574 posts, read 299,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
there shouldn’t be any ban. its my body, my choice up until my body decides to go into labor.
Right! Now roll up your damn sleeve and get the brandon mandated shot for china virus! Don't worry you'll still be able to kill plenty of babies! Disgusting.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:20 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
yes, keep reminding every woman that the GOP wants to control their body. This will work out so well at the polls.

Thanks GOP
Steven Colbert had a clear message for the GOP after the Kansas referendum.
"You gotta take away womens' rights to vote before you take away their rights to choose". - Steven Colbert

Senator Graham does not appear to be paying attention to women, to those that love them, or to Colbert's sage advice.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Steven Colbert had a clear message for the GOP after the Kansas referendum.
"You gotta take away womens' rights to vote before you take away their rights to choose". - Steven Colbert

Senator Graham does not appear to be paying attention to women, to those that love them, or to Colbert's sage advice.
I'm a woman.

No one has taken away any of my rights. None.

Many women have the exact same viewpoint as me.

Who gives a chit what a talking head thinks?

Old 09-14-2022, 07:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
there shouldn’t be any ban. its my body, my choice up until my body decides to go into labor.
Except that there's another body growing in there, and you don't give that body a choice.

As for Graham's stunt, he can knock it off. It's a state issue, not federal government. Fricken RINO.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:39 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
'Hope everyone is prepared for 5 more years of Brandon, high utility bills, big losses on Wall St except for the short
sellers, paying for illegals, etc. I bet GOP voters who are disgusted with their party for bad decisions like this will stay away from the voting booth this year while most women vote Democrat in record numbers.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:51 AM

3,495 posts, read 1,749,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Except that there's another body growing in there, and you don't give that body a choice.

As for Graham's stunt, he can knock it off. It's a state issue, not federal government. Fricken RINO.
The problem is the low information Democratic voters will only understand the GOP is taking their rights away, and nothing about state/federal abortion issues, imo.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:55 AM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Thanks GOP
Well the Dems are also doing it with their transgender laws...a man can be a woman if they want.
And then we watch men take away all that women gained on their own.

In essence we have both political parties trying to control and dictate our lives.
And the more control they get the more control they want.

BOTH PARTIES are doing this...each at an extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.