Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 02:57 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,982,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why don't you provide a link?
Why don't you Google it? Then you can pick the news source of your choice to read.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:08 PM

63,067 posts, read 29,263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You may not like it, but once in the USA, all of the migrants have the same Constitutional protection you have.

In particular, the 14th Amendment states:

"..... shall not deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; and must guarantee all persons equal protection of the laws..."

All persons, not just citizens. What due process of law did DeSantis use to move the refugee claimants?
I'm sure they meant "citizens" by persons but I'm not going to argue that point right now.

DeSantis got permission from these "migrants" to move them out of the state. What due process would have been in place?

Old 09-24-2022, 03:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Dems are not getting any votes out of illegal migrants. They can't vote and their anchor babies in 10 to 25 years from now are not going to care about the politics of today. They will vote based on what is happening in their own time, not what their parents told them used to be. That whole voting mishegoss is a narrative created by the right to scare Republicans into hating migrants.
Quite the assumption, but please do explain why these immigrants won’t be able to vote in the future?

Apple as don’t fall from the tree. To assume they won’t care is hilarious.

Nah, we’re simply into legal migration. Also funny how the border was left open during a pandemic. Unvetted, untested, unvaxxed folks that were exempt from getting the shot is great stuff.

They’re better off in Dem areas that say they want them. They’re being treated excellent…and there’s always the choice to stay home or leave.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:23 PM

1,218 posts, read 635,275 times
Quote:
Coerced, yes. Look up the woman named Perla.
I agree, why don't you provide a link? If you don't know how just ask.

I still think about Kate Steinle's death and others. How would you feel if a member of your family was murdered by an illegal?

https://nypost.com/2022/06/07/illega...or-gun-charge/

Old 09-24-2022, 03:26 PM

3,113 posts, read 942,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You may not like it, but once in the USA, all of the migrants have the same Constitutional protection you have.

In particular, the 14th Amendment states:

"..... shall not deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; and must guarantee all persons equal protection of the laws..."

All persons, not just citizens. What due process of law did DeSantis use to move the refugee claimants?
In the US we jail suspected criminals before they officially have their case heard in court. We can easily apply that same standard to asylum seekers - they are put in temporary detention until their cases are heard. Instead of allowing them free into the country and hoping they show up to their hearings.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:28 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post

I still think about Kate Steinle's death and others. How would you feel if a member of your family was murdered by an illegal?

Bingo

Old 09-24-2022, 03:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,461,591 times
Quote:
I'm sure they meant "citizens" by persons but I'm not going to argue that point right now.

DeSantis got permission from these "migrants" to move them out of the state. What due process would have been in place?
DeSantis had no authority to use money belonging to the state of FL to move migrants or anyone else from the state of TX to MA.

Further, all accounts I have seen is the migrants were told they were going to Boston and/or to a place they could find jobs. Both things false.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:43 PM

19,869 posts, read 12,151,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post

Or the family of the deputy who was just killed in a hit and run by an illegal imigrant operating a front-end loader.

"According to Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, Deputy Michael Hartwick, 51, was killed when he was struck by a front-end loader being driven by a construction worker just after 10:30 p.m. Thursday night.

The suspect was initially believed to be Victor Vasquez-Real by deputies. The individual allegedly involved was later identified as a 32-year-old undocumented immigrant named Juan Ariel Molina-Salles, Gualtieri said during a press conference on Friday afternoon.

Gualtieri said that Molina-Salles had entered the country illegally in October of 2021 in Eagle Pass, Texas, was caught at border and sent back to Mexico, and came back through the Texas border, and has been in the Bay area since March of this year."

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...-and-run-crash

Old 09-24-2022, 03:54 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,609,281 times
Quote:

No, they did not, because the sentence before that they did reference "citizen", and purposely left it out of the next sentence. If not, even legal immigrants would be denied rights.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:07 PM

14,244 posts, read 4,619,505 times
Quote:
Why don't you Google it? Then you can pick the news source of your choice to read.
YOU made a claim that migrants were coerced by DeSantis to get in the plane and then YOU asked other people to prove your own claim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies