Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 11:45 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
How about this? As it turns out, there is an AOC connection to Letitia James' investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-aoc...223039062.html
Who’d a thunk AOC would spark another goosechase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 03:42 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
How about this? As it turns out, there is an AOC connection to Letitia James' investigation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/heres-aoc...223039062.html
Someone created an AOC connection. She also obviously

a. has no idea how property tax valuations work
b. wanted to talk about a long-expired possible issue from 1990 (when Cohen admits he wasn't around) regarding the Trump Sr estate transferring to, among others, DJT
c. they allowed Cohen to say "that's exactly the same thing he did for Trump Bedminster", when Cohen did not have knowledge, nor could he proclaim "the same thing" (he could have said similar)

Old 09-24-2022, 03:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Does anyone have a link or an explanation about which insurance issues are involved in this case?

There were stories of Trump claiming excessive damage from storms at MAL, not making repairs and pocketing the windfall from an insurance claim.

Is that what is being discussed in this case or something else?

Old 09-24-2022, 03:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Another PETHEDIC attempt to try and save her useless career.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:45 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Trump never said he declassified documents by thinking about it. He did say he did declassify documents but didn't say how nor does he need to explain to anyone how he did it.
Well, he does not need to explain to Judge Dearie, who called them all classified. The appeals court called the question a red herring and said classification don't matter. Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
This is still off-topic and has nothing to do with the NY AG filing a "civil" suit. If James had anything it would be a criminal case not a civil case.
Please see the explanation of suits under Executive Law 63 (12). That law was used to sue Trump about Trump University, too.

Old 09-24-2022, 04:55 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Do you remember what site the link was for?
just to circle back, I have looked back through the thread, because I know that I found it (an article saying it was Federal court) and posted it - and would have used a "left approved" source. But for reasons unknown to me, there was a large deletion of posts including many of mine. And since I can't find it now, I can only assume it was in one of the deleted posts.

I'm not now disputing it was a NY criminal case. And other than "why didn't Tish James file criminal against Trump then?" it's arguably immaterial to the discussion.

I could ponder "if James/Bragg had enough evidence against Weisselberg for that charge and ultimately guilty plea, why wouldn't she file criminal and why would Bragg at the beginning of the year even "suspend" the investigation.

Old 09-24-2022, 05:17 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,184,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
just to circle back, I have looked back through the thread, because I know that I found it (an article saying it was Federal court) and posted it - and would have used a "left approved" source. But for reasons unknown to me, there was a large deletion of posts including many of mine. And since I can't find it now, I can only assume it was in one of the deleted posts.
Weisselberg was sentenced by Juan Merchan, a state court judge.

Quote:
Judge Juan Manuel Merchan agreed during the hearing in Manhattan Supreme Court to sentence Weisselberg to five months in Rikers Island jail, following the Trump Org.’s trial.
https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/trump-...fraud-charges/

Old 09-24-2022, 05:50 PM

37,179 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

I'm not now disputing it was a NY criminal case. And other than "why didn't Tish James file criminal against Trump then?" it's arguably immaterial to the discussion.

I could ponder "if James/Bragg had enough evidence against Weisselberg for that charge and ultimately guilty plea, why wouldn't she file criminal and why would Bragg at the beginning of the year even "suspend" the investigation.
Thanks for the effort. I didn’t mean for you to go to that kind of trouble. I thought you might have remembered who published it.

As far as “left-approved.” There are news gathering organizations and opinion blogs on both sides. I try to stay clear of any of them that spin or fabricate everything they publish to feed red meat to their demographics. I have frequently used Fox, and occasionally Breitbart for reference.

Keeping it middle of the road is always A good idea to get a point across, because that is where the majority lives.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:17 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Thanks for the effort. I didn’t mean for you to go to that kind of trouble. I thought you might have remembered who published it.

As far as “left-approved.” There are news gathering organizations and opinion blogs on both sides. I try to stay clear of any of them that spin or fabricate everything they publish to feed red meat to their demographics. I have frequently used Fox, and occasionally Breitbart for reference.

Keeping it middle of the road is always A good idea to get a point across, because that is where the majority lives.

It doesnt matter if you use the left, right or middle as your source of information. Trump at his rallies denies everything and still says its a witch hunt. But secretly has already tried for a settlement to get past this. He knows how deep this can effect him. Through his begging ways and scams. His donors are paying for his attorney fees. He's just a lying knucklehead thats more trouble than he's worth.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:15 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Default Why Trump's 5th Amendment plea won't work in NY case

The 5th Amendment protects individuals from self-incrimination. It is clear about that.

IF, and this is important, IF it is a CRIMINAL case.

In a CIVIL case, which the NY lawsuit is, the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify. In other words, used as, inferring guilt.

And just a reminder of what Trump said in 2016. “The mob takes the Fifth. if you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

Trump is hooped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies