Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 06:13 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, one of those things. One of my liberal friends posted about "Mrs. Doubtfire" (never seen it myself) saying if we think that flick is great, why are we getting upset about things now?

On that particular note, hard to say. I mean, what of the players in two Christopher Plummer flicks, Silent Partner or The Return of the Pink Panther?

Now consider our headline here......".....weighs twice as much as closest competitor".......well, in a beauty contest, what does that mean? As "Miss Congeniality" showed us, we are talking about a segment of the population that is rather known for starving themselves.
Because the character was in a costume.

He never BELIEVED he was a woman.

In fact he had a whole speech about the only reason he wore it was to be closer to his kids. That he never 'went to old lady bars or anything.'

It was clear it was NOT something he wanted to do and he never for 1 second pretended he "felt like a woman."

And at the end of the movie? He ditched the costume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 06:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Just a little something to break up the post-election discussions.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...st-competitor/
You can't make this stuff up.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:21 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Women face is all the rage.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:29 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Because the character was in a costume.

He never BELIEVED he was a woman.

In fact he had a whole speech about the only reason he wore it was to be closer to his kids. That he never 'went to old lady bars or anything.'

It was clear it was NOT something he wanted to do and he never for 1 second pretended he "felt like a woman."

And at the end of the movie? He ditched the costume.
Probably a good thing that it was a movie that he could pull off never believing he was because if one is playing a part and not getting into character, they are probably doomed to failure. As to the point at hand.......Well, to tell you the truth, I rather believe that a lot of these people don't really believe they are women, either. I see them more as opportunist than women.

Two things. One of the items for even those who take that cut is that while they say they are women now, they didn't grow up as women, they didn't experience all the restrictions placed on women, from what you can't do to where you can't go to how you have to dress and more. What "Lily" said in "Assassination Nation" rather fits the world that men don't go through as a whole. "Smile, open up, cross your legs, spread your *****, speak softer, scream louder, be quiet, be confident, be interesting, don't be so difficult, be strong, don't fight back, be an angel, be a *****, be a princess, be anything you want to be, even the president of the United States of America. Just kidding. **** you."

After all, how many boys are sent home from school to change because their clothes are distracting?

Secondly, is it a quality of being a woman to be fair, to recognize when you have an unfair advantage and to step back? Granted, that may apply more in sports than beauty contests....or so one might think.

In any event, while it might have worked for D'Artagnan in "The Three Musketeers" (1973) of "I may not wear the tunic of a musketeer but I have the heart of one!", it really does not cut it here, really does not make one for what is happening.

IMHO.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 11-10-2022 at 06:48 AM..

Old 11-10-2022, 06:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
I think I saw him on a Lost in Space episode. He was a giant talking eggplant.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:33 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I think we ALL need to stand up and protest this kind of thing... What are we afraid of? Really?!

The other competitors are afraid of being ostracized and criticized or for being a poor sport. If they speak up they get shamed and kicked out. If they do stand up, we need to support them.

Stop giving these people power. Not just the confused boy who wanted to join a contest for girls, but the special interest groups and people in charge and the woke mobs on the internet who have everyone too terrified to confront them.

We can't put it all on the other girls... it's all of us allowing this.
I respectfully offer a different take on this.

Any complaints from certain segments (Christians, white men, Republicans etc.) just causes people to take political sides and dig in.

THIS fight is for women, particularily feminists and democrats.

Otherwise the complaints are written off as "bigotry".

Heck, just in the last 6 months or so that group has started to wake up on the topic and be able to express concerns without the fears of ending up attacked like Navratilova and Rowling were.

For now I am 100% content to just let this farce walk around and teach some valuable lessons.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:38 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I respectfully offer a different take on this.

Any complaints from certain segments (Christians, white men, Republicans etc.) just causes people to take political sides and dig in.

THIS fight is for women, particularily feminists and democrats.

Otherwise the complaints are written off as "bigotry".

Heck, just in the last 6 months or so that group has started to wake up on the topic and be able to express concerns without the fears of ending up attacked like Navratilova and Rowling were.

For now I am 100% content to just let this farce walk around and teach some valuable lessons.
What they have done is to use our decency and empathy against us as a weapon.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I think we ALL need to stand up and protest this kind of thing... What are we afraid of? Really?!

The other competitors are afraid of being ostracized and criticized or for being a poor sport. If they speak up they get shamed and kicked out. If they do stand up, we need to support them.

Stop giving these people power. Not just the confused boy who wanted to join a contest for girls, but the special interest groups and people in charge and the woke mobs on the internet who have everyone too terrified to confront them.

We can't put it all on the other girls... it's all of us allowing this.
I agree, we all need to stand up.

Unfortunately, women who speak up are attacked. The women who stood up against this in the article has had people come to her home, put flyers on her neighbors doors calling her transphobic, etc. https://www.westernjournal.com/watch...r-spray-comes/

Old 11-10-2022, 07:13 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,819,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Wait - libs and feminists hated beauty pageants as it cheapens women - now it's A OK because a man won.
Feminists do NOT think this is ok... at least not this one.
But it does make a wild mockery of the whole beauty contest culture, doesn't it?

Old 11-10-2022, 07:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Feminists do NOT think this is ok... at least not this one.
But it does make a wild mockery of the whole beauty contest culture, doesn't it?
I would agree ... except the trans person most likely believes that they won fair and square and are in fact the most beautiful of all.

Distortion of perception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies