Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 09:03 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,063,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
The spirit of Archie Bunker is alive and well.

It was much more pleasant to simply not hear about the issue at all.
The fact that we are now constantly barraged with LBGXYZ is merely creating controversy, a problem that didn't exist when it was simply swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 09:05 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,106,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Funny how people who want to be treated equally make the biggest fuss about being different.
Is it a fuss about being different?

Or is it a fuss about not having to hide in order to be treated equal?

Old 11-22-2022, 09:06 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
It was much more pleasant to simply not hear about the issue at all.
The fact that we are now constantly barraged with LBGXYZ is merely creating controversy, a problem that didn't exist when it was simply swept under the rug.
A problem that didn't exist for you when you tried to force it under the rug.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:15 AM

187 posts, read 115,573 times
Any person who can't define what a man or women is or has a different identity depending on the hour shouldn't be allowed in the military or federal government period. They're only being elected for their degeneracy

Old 11-22-2022, 09:22 AM

7,386 posts, read 3,542,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Who cares?

Here is a novel idea for conservatives, let people do what they want/be who they are.

I know you don’t like that when it doesn’t apply to anything that isn’t guns or wealthy people. But that is freedom.
i never really care or want to know what people do sexually in their bedroom, or in public. some find it necessary to scream it from the rooftops and force their sexuality on the public. well if you do that, expect criticism. my issue is the spectrum of sexual identity has morphed into fetishes as an identity. i just don’t want to know, and don’t want you teaching my kids about your fetishes. is that too much to ask

Old 11-22-2022, 09:26 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
At least 10% of its state lawmakers identify publicly as LGBTQ, believed to be a first for any U.S. legislature.
I wonder how that compares to the LGBTQ population demographic? I suspect it's low. More than likely, it will increase as the populace feels stronger in their political voice, as it did with women and other minorities.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:26 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Is it a fuss about being different?

Or is it a fuss about not having to hide in order to be treated equal?
Do you think I'm going to "treat someone unequally" for something that I don't know about or don't give a damn about? I don't care about who Joe shares his bed with. I know that's hard to accept, but it's true. So Joe will have to get over him not being the focal point of everyone's lives around him. I don't care any more about that than I do that Joe goes to the beach on Saturday afternoons. It's irrelevant to me no matter how many flags Joe (or you) wave in front of my face. All flag waving does is annoy others.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i never really care or want to know what people do sexually in their bedroom, or in public. some find it necessary to scream it from the rooftops and force their sexuality on the public. well if you do that, expect criticism. my issue is the spectrum of sexual identity has morphed into fetishes as an identity. i just don’t want to know, and don’t want you teaching my kids about your fetishes. is that too much to ask
Some people just find it natural to introduce their husband as their husband. Some people just don't want to consistently change the way they speak or have to make up lies on a daily basis.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
All flag waving does is annoy others.
That's quite the statement out of you. Lol

Old 11-22-2022, 09:49 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
That's quite the statement out of you. Lol
How so? Besides, this is a forum of flag waving. Do you think anyone on this forum is as outspoken about their philosophies/politics in "the real world" as they are here? As for me, very few, including my own extended family, know of my politics or social philosophies. I keep that to myself (unless specifically asked), just as I'm advocating here. I.E... I don't rub people's noses in my lifestyle or politics (as I said, unless specifically asked). And I expect the same courtesy from others, which I do get from others most of the time--the only time I don't tends to be from maniacal woke leftists.

I did have a Norwegian flag in the back window of my car some years ago. I scraped it off because some dimwit in the area accused a guy flying a Norwegian flag in his yard of flying a Confederate flag. I didn't want my car vandalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies