Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 09:51 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
How so? Besides, this is a forum of flag waving. Do you think anyone on this forum is as outspoken about their philosophies/politics in "the real world" as they are here? As for me, very few, including my own extended family, know of my politics or social philosophies. I keep that to myself (unless specifically asked), just as I'm advocating here.
Usually the right wing patriotic types are staunch advocates of waving flags. So I found it ironic that you find flag waving annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2022, 10:00 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Usually the right wing patriotic types are staunch advocates of waving flags. So I found it ironic that you find flag waving annoying.
You do realize that "flag waving" in the context of my comments is metaphorical for "rubbing one's nose in something," right? In other words, "grandstanding."

Old 11-22-2022, 10:10 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You do realize that "flag waving" in the context of my comments is metaphorical for "rubbing one's nose in something," right? In other words, "grandstanding."
Yeah but it works both ways. Don't tread on me Jack. I am an American and will wave my flag whenever where ever I want to. You simply whine when it isn't the flag of your choosing.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:20 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
It was much more pleasant to simply not hear about the issue at all.
The fact that we are now constantly barraged with LBGXYZ is merely creating controversy, a problem that didn't exist when it was simply swept under the rug.
You think gay people should just not publicly say they’re gay because it upsets some? Might be more pleasant for those who find the mere existence of gay people upsetting, but certainly not better for gay people having to hide who they truly are. So sorry it upsets you that people are advocating to live their lives in the open instead of underneath the rug where you prefer them to be. Geez.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:44 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I've never had any issues with people being gay. 10% of the house/senate are LGQTB, ok, whatever, I guess.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:01 AM

7,386 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Some people just find it natural to introduce their husband as their husband. Some people just don't want to consistently change the way they speak or have to make up lies on a daily basis.
interesting you feel that people don’t want to change the way they speak. does the same apply to ever-changing pronouns and other dialect rules we must obey?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is nothing wrong with that, the People have spoken. I can't help but wonder though whether their winning was due to them being the best person for the job OR if it was a sympathy Virtue signaling give yourself a pat on the back for being so brave and Progressive vote that handed them the win....?
Agreed. Im like, "aaaannnnd!?"

So dont move to CA. A lot of better reasons than that to not move to CA.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Lgbtq dont have children and are able to further their careers and do things such as politics. Its actually disproportionate in regards to full populations.

I have nothing against the gays but lgbtq is a hate group.
Absolute truth.

If only the gay people that understand this would start speaking out publicly.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
So just slightly higher than the national average?

So percentage-wise you mean that the California legislature actually represents the people they serve?

The horror!!!!
California's population is about 6-8% illegal aliens. Shall they also elect 6-8% illegal aliens? To represent the people they serve?

Ask any student at a university with a football team if they want the football team to represent the student population, you know include more whites, asians, Hispanics, etc.

They go blank faced. Then stammer and pile on the racism saying merit applies to sports teams but no where else.

Old 11-22-2022, 11:14 AM

984 posts, read 442,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
interesting you feel that people don’t want to change the way they speak. does the same apply to ever-changing pronouns and other dialect rules we must obey?
I'd say speaking about yourself (as in "Hi I'm Jack and this is my husband, Bob,") is a little different than speaking about a Black person and using the N-word, don't you?

I have never had a hissyfit over Miss Sarah Jones getting married to Joe Smith and then wanting to be called Mrs. Smith, but apparently some here can't handle it if Brad decides to go by Betty. Like.... who cares? Just call people by their preferred names. If your name is Kristina, I'm not going to say "actually, you look more like a Crystal or Craig or Susan," and then insist on calling you that. Maybe one of those is on your birth certificate and you don't like it, I have no idea. Not my business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies