Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2023, 07:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
But they are liars, and if you ever read the crap they write you’ll find out.
I have read "the crap they write". And I find it authentic.

It's not my story, but I'm not hushing them and saying it's not their story.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:39 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And many do leave. Go look at the counties in Mississippi that are losing population. Alot of them are majority Black counties. Mississippi is losing population. Alot of Black people are leaving Louisiana too.
Hopefully they aren’t moving to Democrat-run cities, where they are very likely to die violently.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:40 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Agreed, nothing in that course is going to address modern social issues for blacks. Just more pre-packaged leftist propaganda.
Since you brought up social issues, answer this. Do you think Ron DeSantis is going to do anything that will solve any of the social issues among the UNDERCLASS segment of the Black population?

Old 01-20-2023, 07:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
And many do leave. Go look at the counties in Mississippi that are losing population. Alot of them are majority Black counties. Mississippi is losing population. Alot of Black people are leaving Louisiana too.
Great, and more should do that as crying victimhood and complaining about ones surroundings does nothing.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:43 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Hopefully they aren’t moving to Democrat-run cities, where they are very likely to die violently.
Alot of Black people go wherever they can make the money, political party notwithstanding.

And wherever there are poor Blacks living in the ghettos, there will be problems with murder. It doesn’t matter who is in charge. This is why Oklahoma has one of the highest Black homicide rates in America. One of the reddest states in America. Both of its largest cities are Republican. As a state, the homicide rate among Blacks ranks in the top 10. Oklahoma also ranks in the top 5 for incarceration and deaths among inmates.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:46 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What part is untrue?

I read through the list of objectionable content, and thought . . . what part of this isn't true?

What part of this isn't someone's perspective and life experience?

You may not like their voice, but these are people telling their stories.

And we're not talking 5th graders here. AP courses are junior and senior high school classes.
The point isn't whether the course accurately describes various categories of black political activism. It's whether the state government should endorse or promote (and fund!) such political advocacy and indoctrination. And the answer is no because it is not consistent with goals of social justice and harmony, and it's not congruent with Florida statute and ultimately the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. It's socially destructive, morally wrong, and illegal.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 01-20-2023 at 08:20 PM..

Old 01-20-2023, 07:52 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
from manny diaz jr.:

source

looks like they made a good call.
That's an ap " wokeism" class with those kimd of topics. This kind of crap has really destroyed social sciences. The truth is that all of this intersectionality crap is just simplistic and dumb. It's a veritable matrix of victimhood. Whats scary is that it was ever considered scholarly in the first place.
" I have this theory that all of society is driven by power and that white straight males are the ultimate evil, l and the further you move away from those parameters, the more value you have and the more you should be given concessions and have lower expectations of civility. "

Answer should have been " why don't you go back to the drawing board with something that doesn't sound like it came from a pissed off 15 year old?

Old 01-20-2023, 07:53 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,918,695 times
Quote:
Alot of Black people go wherever they can make the money, political party notwithstanding.

And wherever there are poor Blacks living in the ghettos, there will be problems with murder. It doesn’t matter who is in charge. This is why Oklahoma has one of the highest Black homicide rates in America. One of the reddest states in America. Both of its largest cities are Republican. As a state, the homicide rate among Blacks ranks in the top 10. Oklahoma also ranks in the top 5 for incarceration and deaths among inmates.
Hey if you or any other Black person wants to move to Philly, NYC, LA, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc be my guest. I’m just saying that blacks are more likely to violently die there, where their political party is in charge. They don’t seem to care about it, and neither do I anymore. I used to.

Old 01-20-2023, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Talk about the point sailing right over your head. No one said that history shouldn't be taught to students. However, people don't want any CRT/woke BS being taught. The difference between the two has been explained over and over again. If you missed it, reread this thread.
I think the person you were addressing has proven to bi incapable of absorbing the most basic concepts so you are wasting your time. " They don't want real history to be taught!" WTF does intersectionality and qeerness have to do with teaching history?

Old 01-20-2023, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Since you brought up social issues, answer this. Do you think Ron DeSantis is going to do anything that will solve any of the social issues among the UNDERCLASS segment of the Black population?
Do you think that teaching black kids that the place they live in is racist and owes them atonement and free stuff is going to solve any of the issues of the underclass segment of the black population? It actual makes the situation worse. Did the blm riots make anyone in the black underclass communities life better? Maybe a few criminals, not people who want to live in safe neighborhoods where bullets aren't flying all over the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.