Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 07:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Posters in this thread - you do realize pandemics end?

And this one is ending. The virus is becoming weaker and more transmissible, as viruses almost always do, and so now the crisis is over.

And it's kind of people who have symptoms of infectious diseases to wear masks in public to protect others, so maybe that will continue.

Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2023, 08:49 PM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Posters in this thread - you do realize pandemics end?

And this one is ending. The virus is becoming weaker and more transmissible, as viruses almost always do, and so now the crisis is over.

And it's kind of people who have symptoms of infectious diseases to wear masks in public to protect others, so maybe that will continue.

Carry on.
That’s not what the news is saying. They are saying that cases are rising and it’s getting really bad now. This XBB variant supposedly is the worst variant yet.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:03 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Biden announced today that the pandemic will be over on May 11 and all extra bennies will be gone.
He said May 11, then May 15 and then told a reporter the Pandemic will end when the Supreme Court ends it.

President Biden: "The Covid Emergency Will End When The Supreme Court Ends It" - Real Clear Politics VIDEO - 1/31/2023

Reporter: "What's behind your decision to end the COVID emergency?"

Joe Biden: "The COVID emergency will end when the Supreme Court ends it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I’m suspect of what Biden says simply because it’ll be nearly impossible if cases are soaring in late April and early May to follow through on that promise
I suspect Biden barely knows what day it is.

Old 02-01-2023, 02:25 AM

1,213 posts, read 567,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
What if you are an elderly and immuno-compromised patient on chemo going from your oncologists office to the pharmacy to pick up your Rx in the cold Minnesota weather?
I saw this coming a mile away…
Fake news.
In Minnesota the elderly don’t drive in winter.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:00 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
And the Biden WH leaked today that the emergency declarations set to expire March 1 and March 11 will instead now be "set to" expire May 11.
That reminds me of a Canadian joke: "World ends at 9:00 p.m.; 10:30 p.m. in Newfoundland."

Old 02-02-2023, 01:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
But America is now stuck with "mask culture". The struggle continues...

There is no mask culture here where I live and it doesn't really matter if other people are wearing masks so they can do what they want.

I found an interesting use for those masks since covid and that's when it's below zero outside they really help to keep the face warm when venturing outside and then I can just throw it away when I'm done instead of having these winter masks where I'm breathing into the thing and then I feel like I have to wash it afterwards.

Old 02-02-2023, 01:15 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
There is no mask culture here where I live and it doesn't really matter if other people are wearing masks so they can do what they want.

I found an interesting use for those masks since covid and that's when it's below zero outside they really help to keep the face warm when venturing outside and then I can just throw it away when I'm done instead of having these winter masks where I'm breathing into the thing and then I feel like I have to wash it afterwards.
I use them to clean my glasses. I could state a more profane use for them.

Old 02-03-2023, 07:47 AM

3,490 posts, read 1,408,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

That interesting because when I wear a mask in the winter outside, it builds up a lot of condensation and my face is dripping wet inside the mask. So it actually annoys me to wear it when it’s cold outside.

Old 02-03-2023, 08:03 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That interesting because when I wear a mask in the winter outside, it builds up a lot of condensation and my face is dripping wet inside the mask. So it actually annoys me to wear it when it’s cold outside.
Yes, and it fogs up the glasses and causes yeast infections on the face. The surgical masks have the added allergic rash on the face and ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies