Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 10:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 3,731,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
I don't know if this has been asked but, if Hamas is "destroyed", who is governing Gaza then?

Just their non-Armed/militant wings? Will they still call themselves Hamas?

Is it like, ok, done, wipe your hands like a Black Jack dealer leaving their shift? And pull out?

Are they thinking 3rd Party? UN governs?

Egypt doesn't seem like it has the appetite to Occupy them again.
Perhaps ask Israeli government. After all, they looked the other way when Hamas set up shop since that was the best guarantee against a two state solution.

And I think you are correct using quotation marks above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2024, 12:56 AM

16,160 posts, read 7,131,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Hamas gets their weapons thru the tunnels from Iran, via Hezbollah.
They have done that for decades. Some are smuggled in from Egypt from the Parent organization of Hamas - the Muslim Brotherhood.

It’s been a “ WAR” since Israel accepted the United Nations Resolution on the formation of Israel.
There is no equivalent between the Hamas Breaking the Ceasefire with Israel to slaughter 1200 Civilians, rape women, cook children and take Hostages, which they brutalized and Murdered.

The Campus Protest are clear — they support Hamas , which is a designated Terrorist Organization. They support the Distruction of Israel and its people.

It’s up to each person to decide who they side with — The Jewish people who have been under attack for centuries OR the Terrorists determined to exterminate them.

It’s also very worthwhile to consider WHY the Sunni Nations are not supporting Hamas and WHY they have closed all their Borders tight and REFUSE to accept any Palestinians into their Countries. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, the UAE, Turkey, Bahrain and even Qatar.

“NEVER AGAIN” is not a Joke— it’s a matter of Life and Death.
What is the death count resulting from the Palastinians ammunition and bombs? It is amazing how one needs to twist reality to blame the victim and still maintain victimhood for oneself.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:18 AM

43,861 posts, read 44,629,425 times
Quote:
I don't know if this has been asked but, if Hamas is "destroyed", who is governing Gaza then?

Just their non-Armed/militant wings? Will they still call themselves Hamas?

Is it like, ok, done, wipe your hands like a Black Jack dealer leaving their shift? And pull out?

Are they thinking 3rd Party? UN governs?

The last I heard they were talking about the Palestinian Authority (FATAH) who controls the West Bank to take over Gaza after Hamas is gone.

Old 05-11-2024, 09:46 AM

29,565 posts, read 9,797,526 times
After I posted my last question in this thread, I see the same problem persists. The inability on the part of some to distinguish between what is right or wrong when it comes to Israeli policy, who is Hamas, what they have done and why. Who are the Palestinians. In particular Palestinians who are non-combatants, women and children for example.

Let me ask another question or two for purposes of "testing these waters" a bit more...

When Netanyahu says Israel will stand alone if necessary, does anyone else wonder what this can possibly mean when we all know the United States is ultimately committed to protecting Israel should any "sheet hit the fan." There is really no way Israel can continue doing what it is doing as if Israel is "on it's own." Is there? Ultimately the United States is inextricably tied to what happens to Israel in that region, and the whole modern world is also tied to the unfolding of Israeli policy there in one way or another. In some very significant ways that affect everyone in the end.

Secondly, about this ongoing argument that Hamas uses innocent Palestinians as human shields. How is that truth dealt with any differently than if bad guys here in America take innocent victims hostage and also use them as human shields. How SHOULD that truth be dealt with? Say for example a gang that decides to rob a bank and takes everyone in the bank hostage. Do we argue the killing of the gang is paramount of importance over protecting the innocent hostages? Do we just blow up the bank regardless the innocent hostages?

How is contending with Hamas in Gaza so different?

Old 05-11-2024, 10:47 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,882,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
After I posted my last question in this thread, I see the same problem persists. The inability on the part of some to distinguish between what is right or wrong when it comes to Israeli policy, who is Hamas, what they have done and why. Who are the Palestinians. In particular Palestinians who are non-combatants, women and children for example.

Let me ask another question or two for purposes of "testing these waters" a bit more...

When Netanyahu says Israel will stand alone if necessary, does anyone else wonder what this can possibly mean when we all know the United States is ultimately committed to protecting Israel should any "sheet hit the fan." There is really no way Israel can continue doing what it is doing as if Israel is "on it's own." Is there? Ultimately the United States is inextricably tied to what happens to Israel in that region, and the whole modern world is also tied to the unfolding of Israeli policy there in one way or another. In some very significant ways that affect everyone in the end.

Secondly, about this ongoing argument that Hamas uses innocent Palestinians as human shields. How is that truth dealt with any differently than if bad guys here in America take innocent victims hostage and also use them as human shields. How SHOULD that truth be dealt with? Say for example a gang that decides to rob a bank and takes everyone in the bank hostage. Do we argue the killing of the gang is paramount of importance over protecting the innocent hostages? Do we just blow up the bank regardless the innocent hostages?

How is contending with Hamas in Gaza so different?

Regarding Hamas using people as human shields, we are talking about a city/state, not a building. They are a state where the area is riddled with tunnels for terrorist use, under essential buildings filled with innocents. Also encampments where terrorists are among civilians and it's not even always clear who is who. It's not a reasonable comparison at all.

How should it be dealt with? Hamas inflamed all this and brought on a war. They vow to never stop until their goal of eliminating Israel is done. What do you think Israel should do?

Old 05-11-2024, 12:52 PM

3,505 posts, read 2,800,622 times
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Hamas wants the Rafah operation. The reason being is that they know that they can't destroy Israel, so what they're trying to do is to turn as much of the world's population against Israel/the Jewish as possible.

After all Hamas clearly doesn't care about the Palestine people. All they care about is their hatred of Israel and the Jewish. I was wondering why would Hamas do the Oct 7 attack when it was quite clear that Israel would do a stronger response. Now I'm convinced that Hamas did Oct 7 for the same reason. Hamas hoped that Israel would respond then have the world turn against Israel.

Hamas is EVIL.

Old 05-11-2024, 03:40 PM

9,056 posts, read 4,765,678 times
Quote:
This is why I would not oppose ethnic cleansing.

Palestinian Authority is almost as bad as Hamas, so that is not a good solution.

The "palestinians" as a whole are not much different than Hamas and if the they remain, and have the means to, they will reconstitute Hamas out of whatever is left. As someone once said: the killing will continue, until the "palestinians" decide to love their children, more than they hate the Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that Hamas wants the Rafah operation. The reason being is that they know that they can't destroy Israel, so what they're trying to do is to turn as much of the world's population against Israel/the Jewish as possible.

After all Hamas clearly doesn't care about the Palestine people. All they care about is their hatred of Israel and the Jewish. I was wondering why would Hamas do the Oct 7 attack when it was quite clear that Israel would do a stronger response. Now I'm convinced that Hamas did Oct 7 for the same reason. Hamas hoped that Israel would respond then have the world turn against Israel.

Hamas is EVIL.
As far as you go, you are correct, but most of the "palestinian people" don't care about their own, either, and Hamas does the bidding of Iran.

The problem with all of the militant factions (and many moderate factions) of Islam: they hate the Jews (and Americans) more than they love their children.

Old 05-12-2024, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post

Hamas is EVIL.
Hamas doesn't care about Gazans. Israel cares more about them by notifying them to move out of the way (by dropping leaflets) before military operations as well as allowing a field hospital to open in order to treat the locals.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ys-2024-05-11/

Old 05-12-2024, 06:01 AM

27,420 posts, read 13,649,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Hamas doesn't care about Gazans. Israel cares more about them by notifying them to move out of the way (by dropping leaflets) before military operations as well as allowing a field hospital to open in order to treat the locals.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ys-2024-05-11/

The Israeli's have not had much to do with the Gaza strip since they disengaged from Gaza in 2005 and the only reason they are in Gaza is to try and destroy the Islamic fundamentalists who attacked them on the 7th October and killed numerous Israeli and other innocent civilians.

Whilst I feel sorry for any civilians that have been killed, I also feel sorry for civilians who are killed in any war, and the Muslims have killed many more Muslim civilians in their own recent conflicts than Israel ever has, and the same applies to the west since 9/11, so the Islamic world and the West lecturing Israel about Muslim civilian casualties is just beyond belief.

Hamas who represent the people of Gaza have never been interested in negotiations with Israel, and the same is true of other Islamic fundamentalist groups.

All Islamic fundamentalist groups really want to do is to destroy Israel and to wipe the Jewish people from the face of the earth, and they openly state this along with their desire to commit further 7th October incidents, which is why Israel is currently taking the action it is taking, and which is no different to the action taken by the US and West following 9/11.

Hamas are no different to Al-Qaeda, ISIS and the numerous other Islamic fundamentalist groups whose real objective is a global Islamic caliphate and Islamic law throughout the entire world, and the liberal left supporting such groups is beyond laughable.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-12-2024 at 07:12 AM..

Old 05-12-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

The Israeli's have not had much to do with the Gaza strip since they disengaged from Gaza in 2005 and the only reason they are in Gaza is to try and destroy the Islamic fundamentalists who attacked them on the 7th October and killed numerous Israeli and other innocent civilians.

Hamas who represent the people of Gaza have never been interested in negotiations with Israel, and the same is true of other Islamic fundamentalist groups.

All Islamic fundamentalist groups really want to do is to destroy Israel and to wipe the Jewish people from the face of the earth, and they openly state this along with their desire to commit further 7th October incidents, which is why Israel is currently taking the action it is taking, and which is no different to the action taken by the US and West following 9/11.

Hamas are no different to Al-Qaeda, ISIS and the numerous other Islamic fundamentalist groups whose real objective is a global Islamic caliphate and Islamic law throughout the entire world, and the liberal left supporting such groups is beyond laughable.
I am well aware of Israel's complete withdrawal from Gaza in 2005. It is also well known that since Hamas took control of Gaza (after winning a free election there) that over the years Hamas has used Gaza as a place to launch periodically rockets against innocent Israeli civilians (mainly in Southern Israel) over the years. What happened on October 7th was an escalation of Hamas' goal to wipe Israel off the map and due to the heavy casualty rate of Israelis as a result of the sudden attack and massacre as well as taking of Israeli hostages, Israel had to react in a much broader war to remove this Hamas threat (so this situation won't happen again).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies