Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 10:17 PM

45,671 posts, read 27,299,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Sen. Joe Manchin: ‘I cannot for the love of my country endorse Donald Trump’
Endorse publicly... no

Vote privately...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 11:09 PM

13,354 posts, read 7,385,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Endorse publicly... no

Vote privately...
Your saying he is going to vote privately for Trump.

Maybe the earth is flat also

Old 05-04-2024, 11:11 PM

10,250 posts, read 15,966,902 times
I lived in West Virginia for 4 years when I was in professional school and the truth is, Manchin is the politician of politicians, for him its primarily about his career. Keep in mind that he is the only statewide elected Democrat in all of West Virginia. I think he is personally very liberal but he's only the most liberal he can be officially and still be able to win an election. He understands that West Virginia is an overwhelmingly and almost exclusively conservative and Christian state. He often openly goes against the national Democrats when his opposition won't really make a difference with very few exceptions. For example he would vote against a Democrat Supereme Court nominee when the Democrats already have enough vote to confirm that liberal judge without his vote anyway. The few times he actually made a difference includes resisting the ridiculous $15 national minimum wage, and only went up to $9 or so because he understands the struggles of independent businesses in small town West Virginia.

He does have my grudging respect for one thing, I don't doubt his loyalty to the people of West Virginia, he does do what in his heart is best for his constituents even if in my opinion and in many people's opinions those things are wrong. I DO support how he tries his best to stand up for coal miners and natural gas workers despite the national party being against those people and seeking to destroy their jobs through the war on coat and the radical global warming agenda. He is one of the few classic blue dog Democrats left. I still have many friends in WV and they tell me some peoeple still vote for him because they like him personally despite voting Republican for all other offices, but even so there is a limit on how much liberalism they will tolerate from him. Any other candidate as liberal as him would never win office in West Virginia. And also keep in mind that West Virginia is a uniformly conservative, no nmatter how district borders are drawn, all elected officials will likely be Republican, its not like here in Louisiana where we are obligated by law to allow for some Democrat elected officials for racial reasons. The West Virginia electorate is like Louisiana without black voters.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:56 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,229,133 times
Trump is not going to consider running with a Democrat who voted to remove him from office. He wants a loyal partner who is fully committed to #MAGA and will put his interests first.

And it's likely that once Manchin leaves the Senate next year, there won't be another Democrat elected from West Virginia for generations. Trump and whoever is running with him will carry the state effortlessly, and so will subsequent Republican nominees.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:46 AM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
While Manchin has been critical of Biden and national Democrats, he still does vote with Democrats on most issues. He has also been critical of Trump and voted to impeach him twice. So no, Manchin wouldn't accept a VP offer and Trump isn't going to offer it to anyone who he doesn't think.is loyal. Not to mention the age thing. In an election in which age is an issue for both candidates, Trump is not picking a VP almost as old as he is.

Old 05-05-2024, 08:54 AM

30,540 posts, read 19,288,082 times
Manchin is what Democrats used to be but they've left him alone and gone Far Left.

Old Today, 06:57 AM

207 posts, read 97,007 times
Manchin isn't going to vote for trump.

Old Today, 07:26 AM

59,307 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
What is it with this senator?
I favor all he is doing to combat Biden's illegal executive orders, but, I keep thinking something/someone is behind Mr. Manchin's provocative stance.
For the last year, this democrat senator seems to be against many things Biden proposes.
He states he is not running for re-election, and turned down running as a third party candidate for president.
Could it be that he and Trump have secretly decided a split ticket is on the horizon?
I believe a Trump/ Manchin ticket would be unbeatable.

Manchin has pulled far away from basic democratic party lines and policies, to the point of being an unannounced independent politician.
Something is up with this man, I just don't know what it is yet.

Perhaps we will get our "October surprise" early this year, just before the republican convention.
"For the last year, this democrat senator seems to be against many things Biden proposes."
Shows me he is smart!

"basic democratic party lines and policies"

Maye he is tired of all the far left policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies